Discrim

You know what, it's been a while since I did any basketball. Got what I think is a pretty good Pistons idea I've been sitting on for a while...but you won't see it tonight. Instead, here goes a tribute to two iconic unis at the same damn time...Pacers
pacersconcept.png
This one's the debut of my new hoops template, which is based on the one used for the mothership's NBA uniforms. And as mentioned, I wanted to mix the Flojo unis of the early 90s with the late 90s/early 2000s pinstripes, and I'd also seen the old Indiana State hoops unis enough times to want to create a script inspired by it. Thus, an italicized Indiana map, along with lowercase letters cobbled together from the little "Pacers" under the main logo.

EDIT: With that thread about logos that have run their course on my mind, I figured the old Shaq lyric had run its course, so I figured it was time to rename the thread. An homage to my grandma's favorite little point guard.

2016cubscreamsig.png

A strong mind gets high off success, a weak mind gets high off bull🤬

I just don't think the state outline works as a letter. Otherwise, it's a good concept.

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

McCall does make a solid point, I have seen some craziness that actually looks pretty awesome in your concepts, and this fits the bill. I like the use of the state outline as the letter I, nice creative stroke there. Not a huge fan of those pinstripes, just can't see them on a real uni. That being said, their wackiness does make them look cool and it's just a concept anyway so go crazy. Nice job.

"Those who believe in telekinetics, raise my hand."

Cohenj.png

As a native Hoosier, I've always wondered why I haven't seen anyone go with Indiana-outline-as-capital-I. Glad to see it happening here, but yeah, you need to flip the colours around in it for it too look like a letter that goes with the other letters. The jury is out for me on the striping. I'm not sure how they would play out on an actual uniform, hanging down off someone.

rATMcmK.png

I feel like on a real uniform, the pinstripes wouldn't line up and it would look really bad. I understand you like going outside the box and I usually love looking at your concepts but this one just is not even really feasible.

g4104.png

I feel like on a real uniform, the pinstripes wouldn't line up and it would look really bad. I understand you like going outside the box and I usually love looking at your concepts but this one just is not even really feasible.

They're not meant to line up. They're the FloJo uni design but done in pinstripes.

Alright...here goes the Pistons...a few seasons back, the Pistons wore this uniform in honor of their 50th anniversary...

165px-Pistons01.jpg

I liked it, and thought something based on it could make for a good third. For reasons I don't remember, I decided to combine said idea with an old Juventus change shirt, and here you go.

pistonsconcept.png

2016cubscreamsig.png

What train of thought led you to combine the Pistons and Juventus defies my imagination, but it sure looks cool. Without the gradient, this could definitely be used as alternate by the Pistons, solid job.

"Those who believe in telekinetics, raise my hand."

Cohenj.png

• 4 months later...

Aint done basketball in a while, finally got around to this one here: Bucks third

bucksthird_zpsb8043f40.png

Brought back the old Irish rainbow, and also the old Bango. You'll notice the Bucks lettering is in the current style, but italicized like the 80s version...that, and it, as well as the numbers, also have a thin Irish rainbow within (though IRL, the numbers would probably wind up being solid green instead if the Grizzlies' still-missing split is any indication). Made a small modification to Bango's antlers and put him on the shorts.

2016cubscreamsig.png

As a native Hoosier, I've always wondered why I haven't seen anyone go with Indiana-outline-as-capital-I. Glad to see it happening here, but yeah, you need to flip the colours around in it for it too look like a letter that goes with the other letters. The jury is out for me on the striping. I'm not sure how they would play out on an actual uniform, hanging down off someone.

As a naturalized Hoosier, I'm surprised you can't remember Indiana State - past or present - or the Indiana Elite AAU team both use the state as their first I...

Love the Pacers not big on the Pistons jersey fade-thing and I would also like to see a white jersey version of the Bucks' uni.

Ask, and you shall receive...Bucks in white...

bucksirhome_zpsde418bf8.png

Nobody asked, but I figured I'd throw it in anyway...Bucks green...

bucksiraway_zps0d8902ae.png

And I'd mentioned that I thought the Knicks' orangeout uniforms would've actually looked good had the numbers been white instead of orange. Let's put that to a little test, shall we?

knicksthird_zpsd733b44d.png

Speak on all of em. And say things about em too.

2016cubscreamsig.png

Yeh, I'd actually tried it on the green jersey, but I basically came to the conclusion that an IR-Milwaukee was nearly as illegible as the Clippers' big color unis, so I went regular. Granted, it'd look okay on a t-shirt, but yeah...it was worth a shot, but there's enough rainbow on the sides.

2016cubscreamsig.png

• 8 months later...

As you may have heard, the Bucks have a new floor, going from a court that looked like every other court ever to one mimicking the old MECCA floor. Fittingly, I wanted to see what it might look like in uniform form.

bucksalternate131.png

bucksalternate132.png

Couldn't decide whether I wanted the number centered or under the shoulder. Thus, I give you both.

2016cubscreamsig.png

Archived