Discrim

All those Bucks uniforms are simply fantastic, great work!

The Pacers one is inventive and different, but it works. I wouldn't be a fan of them but I definitely wouldn't oppose to seeing them.

The Pistons one is fun but it spells a more fashion jersey look for myself. The varsity font and vintage logo really makes the difference.

Knicks look solid but I actually prefer the 'Knicks Ball' logo rather than the 'subway' logo.

pastpresentfuture_zps8bbb3a05.png

As you may have heard, the Bucks have a new floor, going from a court that looked like every other court ever to one mimicking the old MECCA floor. Fittingly, I wanted to see what it might look like in uniform form.

bucksalternate131.png

bucksalternate132.png

Couldn't decide whether I wanted the number centered or under the shoulder. Thus, I give you both.

Interesting idea, but the problem is, how would you handle the home version of this? Would you have the "M" white and keep the light green underneath? I'm not sure that would fly with the NBA uniform police. It's an awesome idea anyway.

As you may have heard, the Bucks have a new floor, going from a court that looked like every other court ever to one mimicking the old MECCA floor. Fittingly, I wanted to see what it might look like in uniform form.

bucksalternate131.png

bucksalternate132.png

Couldn't decide whether I wanted the number centered or under the shoulder. Thus, I give you both.

Holy sh~t this is awesome.

I'd definitely go with the centered numbers, though.

Interesting idea, but the problem is, how would you handle the home version of this? Would you have the "M" white and keep the light green underneath? I'm not sure that would fly with the NBA uniform police. It's an awesome idea anyway.

How would I handle a home version? I wouldn't, as I'd only intended it as a third. If I were to, though, a light gray or mint green would be the likely choices. I wouldn't consider cream in this case because that would end up looking like old :censored:stains.

Very nice concepts so far. Are we gonna see Pelicans and 2014 Charlotte Hornets concepts soon?

I was working on a Pelicans concept, though I kinda lost my muse there and stepped away from it til I get it back. The Hornets...I make no promises, considering Baron Davis was still with them the last time I posted any Hornets concepts. Yeah, that long ago.

2016cubscreamsig.png

A strong mind gets high off success, a weak mind gets high off bull🤬

Muggsy was my favorite player ever, I, too, was a midget point guard.

Pacers look great. Love the color scheme on the Bucks and the home/away but not crazy about the court design on the alt uniform.

Nice work and bonus points for the thread title.

87Redskins.png

Thanks for all the comments, for I now give you a new set.

Bluntly, if you love "The City" uniforms, you'll probably like this foray into the D-League, and if you hate those, you'll hate these. Anyways, a couple years ago, the Warriors bought the NBADL's Dakota Wizards, moving them to Santa Cruz before last season and rechristening them...the Warriors. If the Golden State Warriors were a baseball team, we probably would've seen some thoughtless copy of the GSW identity with SANTA CRUZ slapped on. Or the Delaware 87ers ID. Instead, they got a cool trident W for the primary, and home whites clearly inspired by the Run TMC jerseys (in spite of that boring adidas template). The road blues look like every other basketball jersey ever, but that aint always a bad thing.

Wouldn't be much of a concept if I rehashed the existing set, though...but even if the big Dubs can't truly revive the City look, somebody's got to. Enter the Sea Dubs.

seadubshome.png

seadubsroad.png

The home golds and road blues, of course are inspired by The City. Why? Well, Santa Cruz is nicknamed Surf City. For the front circle, I took one of SC's alternate logos, a wave/ball, and removed the ball seams. Since the trolley on the back would be as similarly irrelevant as the bridge here, I decided to replace it with surfboards...and you probably noticed each board has something different on them, all of em being references to past GS Warrior unis. Top board's Northwestern striping is taken from the Run TMC shorts, the middle board's lightning is from, of course the Dubs' superhero phase, and the bottom board has the old California map with the star over the Bay, from the 70s/80s uniforms. Much like the City shorts had WARRIORS down both legs, the left leg reads WARRIORS. The home's right leg reads SEA DUBS (folks call the Warriors the W's, or Dubs, for short. Naturally, in Santa Cruz this was combined with their proximity to the Pacific.) while the road version reads SANTA CRUZ.

seadubsalt.png

The whites here are based on the uniforms the GS Warriors wore after moving to Oakland, with two surfboards replacing the California map on the circle. One liberty I took was turning another surfboard into a nameplate on the back.

So what say you?

2016cubscreamsig.png

I figured more than anything, that would likely be the most "hate it or love it" part of this set. The other back option I'd considered was the back numbers over one surfboard (most likely the Run TMC board), kinda like the little oval on front of the now-old Suns jerseys.

2016cubscreamsig.png

I think these would work best with the wave logo on the front and the surfboard-nameplate on back. I like the idea behind the three surfboards for the numbers, but I think in real life it would run into legibility issues. This isn't an issue with the nameplate, though.

rATMcmK.png

As a local from the Monterey/Salinas/Santa Cruz area, I gotta say this is an awesome concept! Love the "Surf City" addition (Huntington Beach is just a wannabe Santa Cruz). As much as I love the thought behind the surfboards on the back of the jersey, I don't think it'll look all too good.

• 2 weeks later...

Sorry for taking a few weeks to answer, thanks for the comments anyways...I figured since the surfboards number plate didn't go over so well, I'd post two alternate takes: first, having the surfboard nameplate, as on the white jersey:

seadubshome2.png

seadubsroad2.png

And then the other option I'd considered...

seadubshome3.png

seadubsroad3.png

Considering the back was the only thing anybody wanted changed, which is your favorite?

2016cubscreamsig.png

Archived