NBC Broadcast Logo Sochi 2014

Pizzaman7294

Has anyone seen it yet? I thought they would put it in the preview for it at the end of the closing ceremonies of London.

I'm with the NBC station in Atlanta, and no, we haven't seen a Sochi logo yet. I wouldn't expect one before the end of the year.

interesting, because I could have sworn at the end of the Vancouver olympics, they showed the London logo with the video preview. So I was all ready to see the Sochi one and......there was nothing....

spacer.png

spacer.png

Has anyone seen it yet? I thought they would put it in the preview for it at the end of the closing ceremonies of London.

I'm with the NBC station in Atlanta, and no, we haven't seen a Sochi logo yet. I wouldn't expect one before the end of the year.

Same here I think NBC will unveiled thier logo next year.

interesting, because I could have sworn at the end of the Vancouver olympics, they showed the London logo with the video preview. So I was all ready to see the Sochi one and......there was nothing....

I think they did have the London one ready after Vancouver, but a couple of things. 1. NBC Sports management has changed a bit so stuff like that may change with it 2. Summer Olympics are bigger than Winter so the planning work goes further.

As evidence of thensecond point if you look at NBC's logo history the Summer games more or less have been location specific. Winter ones have been fairly generic. So my guess is moutains with Sochi will be it.

I think it's strange how the official logos look like crap but the bid logos and NBC logos look amazing.

Just for reference, all the logos from NBC from 1996-2012 that I could find. I couldn't find the '98 or '02 Olympic logos.

Olympics_nbc_atlanta.pngOlympics_nbc_sydney.pngOlympics_nbc_athens.pngOlympics_nbc_torino.pngNBC+2008+Beijing+Olympics+Logo.gifnbc+vancover.jpgOlympics_nbc_london.jpg

EDIT: Not much, but I found Salt Lake too

NBC_Sports%27_The_19th_Olympic_Winter_Games_Video_Open_From_February_2002.jpg

Anubis.png

I think all these logos could be used (except for Atlanta) if you took out the NBC. And a question. Has there ever been a 3D Olympic logo other than Torino in 2006?

London, and the broadcast version of Bejing were 3D. Not sure about anything before that.

Anubis.png

Archived