New SMU Football jerseys

Ben5

Or just do without the stripes altogether. There's always that option, too.

It is 2012, after all.

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

It's the same reason Ole Miss' uniforms bother me. There is so much opportunity for color balance that is left to dry...though the Rebels don't look as bad as these. The thicker stripes are a much larger focus on these new uniforms and will blatantly show off what appears to be an unfinished uniform.

tcl-5r99ahmbb4pdhk2x4ei_original.jpg

They really should just start over... These may be one of my least favorite college football. There is a different stripe on every part of the uniform, there is no blue on the jersey, while the helmet and pants both have a decenct amount of it. Also, I can never get over the grey pants.

The grey is probbably a nod to the name rebels since blue nad gray were the competing colors in their uniforms for the Confederacy.

File this one up under "S*** I Can't Figure Out" but...for some reason mankind has as yet not been able to discover, Ole Miss has long been one of my favorite looks. (It'd look even better if they'd add sleeve numbers back.) It just doesn't make sense—if you look at the sum of the parts rather than the whole. But for some reason it just works for me.

(By the way...I'm not one of those who despises single-color jerseys with a multi-colored uniform i.e. Giants, 49ers...and these.)

I'd add USC to that list... easily one of the better examples of this, IMO.

tackle.0927.jpg

But I agree. I never understood why so many people here insist that traditional striping patterns are "bad" if they don't match. A lot of traditional football uniforms would be boring as hell if everything matched, if for no other reason than it would assure that all we'd ever see is color swaps of the same 4-5 templates.

I'll have to see these in action. Don't like the color balance here. Blue trim on the numbers, only? Weak in my opinion. And the chest logo spacing is frustratingly awkward.

I agree. I think these would be better either with solid red numbers or with some blue in the stripe design.

On a side note, I don't know why the compression garments can't just be part of the sleeve. If you take both the jersey and the undershirt, the "entire" sleeve extends just as far as it ever did.

Why can't Nike, UA or Adidas just make sleeves that are form-fitting on top of the compression garments? Then you could have a sleeve that actually extends down the arm. Just make the upper-arm section a little more snug to fit skin tight with either a compression sleeve or some dude's naked arm if they don't wear compression.

As a guy who appreciates the old school (I say classic) looks of teams like the Steelers, this would do wonders for sleeve striping and uniform consistency.

that sounds like it would be tight and uncomfortable over the pads.

I don't think so. As is, you basically have a cuff in your armpit, which doesn't sound all that comfortable to begin with. In this scenario, you'd have a stretchy compression sleeve (basically the sleeve of the elbow-length undershirts that players wear) attached at the armhole. It would be stretchy for comfort, but snug to eliminate grabbing points, and it would ensure that jerseys have a greater degree of similarity from position to position. I've always been a proponent of this idea. I'd be shocked to ever see it happen, though.

I still don't have a website, but I have a dribbble now! http://dribbble.com/andyharry

[The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the position, strategy or opinions of adidas and/or its brands.]

Archived