Major League Football (my fictional concept league)

hugevolsfan

It looks like the Minnesota Swarm lacrosse team and the San Diego Chargers had a baby. I'm sorry, but you'll need to think way outside the box to come up with something original for this concept. It's totally doable, though. Think Thor, think thunderbird, think of ways to move away from the straightforward lightning bolt.

rATMcmK.png

• Replies 729
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Bah, that comment was for the Thunderbolts concept (I guess obviously). It had jumped pages weirdly and I wasn't paying attention. It also probably came off smarmy when I didn't want it to (lack of sleep--must get to bed!). I do like the colour scheme you have going for that concept. I'd just recommend going for something less literal in order to come up with something more original.

Thanks

rATMcmK.png

Bah, that comment was for the Thunderbolts concept (I guess obviously). It had jumped pages weirdly and I wasn't paying attention. It also probably came off smarmy when I didn't want it to (lack of sleep--must get to bed!). I do like the colour scheme you have going for that concept. I'd just recommend going for something less literal in order to come up with something more original.

Thanks

I understand where you are coming from but I love the logo as is I would not want to change it.

I forgot about the Swarm Logo not sure I had this in my mind when coming up with the logo but it is similar.

The Washington Americans!

John Henry Jones III is the current owner of the team & is a part of the longest tenured family to own a team in the MLF.

His grandfather started the team in 1940 when the PFL disbanded & the MLF started so the Americans were the first new team of the newly formed MLF.

Washington struggled for few decades losing to long-time rivals Boston, NY Generals, & Philadelphia more times than they won.

However in the 70's the Americans started fielding some great teams with Hall of Famers QB Bobby Sturgill & RB Floyd Gaines who led the team to two championships with HC John Jenson.

In the 90's Hall of Fame QB Troy Gaylen became the all-time passing leader & finally won a championship in the 1998 season

More recently the team has been lead by HC Tom Shurtz, RB Jamaal Burris, & QB Alex Gilbert.

The team has won a lot of games but has only won one playoff game under Shurtz in seven years.

Washington has a good defense with DE Quincey Ratliff & CB Marvcus McClellan as well as one of the most sought after coordinators in the league in Pat McIntyre.

Shurtz is hoping this is the year for them to have a great season & post season.

Here are the current logos & uniforms that were tweaked in 2002 with the addition of the secondary logo, wordmarks & alternate jersey.

As always C & C welcome!

WASLogosUniformsSheet.png

WASAltUniformSheet.png

Nice overall, but looks very similar to the Autos. Maybe you should tweak the pants stripe to like the Marshals one=all three of the lines are connected.

I would probably change Detroit rather than this one as it is supposed to look like the logo minus the three red stripes since it looked to busy on the helmet & pants.

But I may just leave it alone not sure what team will be next maybe New Orleans or NY Generals.

Nice overall, but looks very similar to the Autos. Maybe you should tweak the pants stripe to like the Marshals one=all three of the lines are connected.

I don't know what you are saying. I have compared the Americans and Autos side-by-side. They look unique and different from each other. Yes they have a similar color scheme but the two teams identities are totally diferent. The red and blue used by the Americans is a much darker shade to that of the Autos. It doesn't look similar to me. Plus the Autos have got gray being one of the colors while the Americans don't. Excellent splendid job with the Americans. Superb work.

I don't know what you are saying. I have compared the Americans and Autos side-by-side. They look unique and different from each other. Yes they have a similar color scheme but the two teams identities are totally diferent. The red and blue used by the Americans is a much darker shade to that of the Autos. It doesn't look similar to me. Plus the Autos have got gray being one of the colors while the Americans don't. Excellent splendid job with the Americans. Superb work.

Thanks for the comments what he noticed which I did not is the striping on the pants & helmets are the same.

I am not that concerned with it though I am sure this happens in the NFL but just cannot think of an example at this time

Thanks for the comments what he noticed which I did not is the striping on the pants & helmets are the same.

I am not that concerned with it though I am sure this happens in the NFL but just cannot think of an example at this time

Yes. I did notice how the striping on the pants and helmets are the exact same too but it's not an issue as the color on the pants and helmets the Autos use is gray whilleas the Americans use white and the striping of the Americans is a darker shade of blue and red then that of Detroit.

hey bud is there a way you can add those teams on to NCAA 12 or 13 im very interested in using them on NCAA 12 or 13 ill be waiting for them to be added to NCAA u can do this via TeamBuilder please feel free to hit me up have a good night and God Bless You

I'm eagerly awaiting the Barbarians. Patience i guess ;-)

Long suffering is a fruit of the spirit. :)

Chicago will be one of the next few I just need a Wordmark for this one & I can start on the uniforms.

New Orleans should be up in a little while.

The New Orleans Pirates!

In 1972 New Orleans & San Diego became the 23rd & 24th franchises of the ever growing Major Football League.

The MLF was having their best years ever & already had stated they would expand again in four years which ended up being pushed to six.

New Orleans owner Dan Merritt was a big fan of Pirates.

He actually called himself the Corporate Pirate & was set on calling his team the Pirates.

Miami owner Don Williams was against the idea because he was afraid it would affect his brand.

Merritt agreed to make the identity different because he wanted his team to be modeled after the Pirate Jean Lafitte anyway.

New Orleans struggled for a few years until 1977 when they drafted QB Bart Sadowski.

Sadowski went on to lead the team to 9 playoff appearances but never won a title.

He finished his career the all time leader in almost every major statistic in passing.

The last few years have been ruff but hope has returned with hiring of head coach Danny Sheppard in 2010.

QB Chris Bruener & WR Ahmad Abdur-Sahim are two young players Sheppard is hoping can take them to the next level.

Bruener led the league in interceptions last year & must reduce those to be effective.

The running game has been an issue & must improve from the 3.1 yards per carry they had last year.

If the offense comes along then they will have some help for the second best defense in the league.

All-Pro S Von Cato leads the defense along with All Pros DE Quinton Graves, DT Barron Thomas, LB Peter Bullock, & CB Chris McCleon.

Here is the current set C & C is always welcome!

NOLogosUniformsSheet.png

NOAltUniformSheet.png

Archived