Major League Football (my fictional concept league)

hugevolsfan

I will try a blue outline around the D & see how that goes.

I have had the D blue with white before but this was the best to me.

Philsphan I do not believe a team starting in 1924 would have anything different.

Its simple thats the reason I like it.

What you call boring to me screams timeless.

I used a generic NFL block font if I remember correctly so Pistons has nothing to do with it.

• Replies 729
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The only problem with these concepts is that they look so samey. No risks were taken at all. I mean, that isn't totally bad, but it's pretty boring to be honest. Maybe with the Toronto Rhinos, take a more wild approach.

b0b5d4f702adf623d75285ca50ee7632.jpg
Why you make fun of me? I make concept for Auburn champions and you make fun of me. I cry tears.
Chopping off the dicks of Filipino boys and embracing causes that promote bigotry =/= strong moral character.

The only problem with these concepts is that they look so samey. No risks were taken at all. I mean, that isn't totally bad, but it's pretty boring to be honest. Maybe with the Toronto Rhinos, take a more wild approach.

What do you mean by risk?

Do you mean Oregon Ducks or Seattle Seahawks ugly IMO risk?

Are you talking uniforms or logos?

I will admit I am more of a classic approach than modern.

I have tried to get out of it a little with some teams but may have not been successful.

Update of Detroit posted on page 9 MKG you were right I like the blue outline much better.

I like the Detroit Autos. I don't why people are complaining about it. This team started play in the 20's. That would be a logo a team from that era would have. Look at the Bears and Packers logos. They are really simple. I like it. It is not boring. It really does look classic and timeless. It's a logo that has stood the test of time much like the logos of other Detroit teams have done - the Red Wings and Tigers. Very well done. I like this series. It's very good and your designs are very professional.

What do you mean by risk?

Do you mean Oregon Ducks or Seattle Seahawks ugly IMO risk?

Are you talking uniforms or logos?

I will admit I am more of a classic approach than modern.

I have tried to get out of it a little with some teams but may have not been successful.

Update of Detroit posted on page 9 MKG you were right I like the blue outline much better.

I'm saying get creative and think out of the box a bit. Don't limit yourself to logo and stripes.

b0b5d4f702adf623d75285ca50ee7632.jpg
Why you make fun of me? I make concept for Auburn champions and you make fun of me. I cry tears.
Chopping off the dicks of Filipino boys and embracing causes that promote bigotry =/= strong moral character.

I like the Detroit Autos. I don't why people are complaining about it. This team started play in the 20's. That would be a logo a team from that era would have. Look at the Bears and Packers logos. They are really simple. I like it. It is not boring. It really does look classic and timeless. It's a logo that has stood the test of time much like the logos of other Detroit teams have done - the Red Wings and Tigers. Very well done. I like this series. It's very good and your designs are very professional.

I know, right? Bears, Packers, Giants, are just three examples of teams starting in the 1920's, and are they "outside of the box" with their pants stripes and very standing out, unique helmets?

By the way, I thought the old Seahawks' uniforms were bad until the new ones came...

I kind of thought I was thinking outside the box with Portland but maybe I was wrong.

What else do you put on uniforms other than stripes & logos.

If you are talking anything Nike has put out in the last few years in college & then with the seahawks this year you won't see that here.

I don't care if it is real life I refuse to do something different if it is ugly IMO.

I think I will post Phoenix next as it is a little different but not outside the box.

There will be no gradient numbers & chrome for the sake of chrome.

I kind of thought I was thinking outside the box with Portland but maybe I was wrong.

What else do you put on uniforms other than stripes & logos.

If you are talking anything Nike has put out in the last few years in college & then with the seahawks this year you won't see that here.

I don't care if it is real life I refuse to do something different if it is ugly IMO.

I think I will post Phoenix next as it is a little different but not outside the box.

There will be no gradient numbers & chrome for the sake of chrome.

I agree. No weird Nike stripes or gradients. Looking forward to Phoenix.

Yeah I actually thought that too when I came up with this look over a year ago I believe.

I also had the New York Hawks I think it is from the USA television series Unnecessary Roughness in my head as I have not watched the show but seen the uniform & loved it

They both stole big-time from the 1983 look of the Chicago Blitz

Was not thinking of the Blitz at all when I made this believe it or not but yes they had a nice look.

Overall the USFL had some great uniforms some of the logos were not that great but some were excellent as well.

For me, all of them except the Gunslingers(too cartoony) were pretty good logos. the Maulers had a good logo but boring uniforms. The rest of the USFL was mint and wouldn't have been out of place in the NFL at that time.

utahpioneerssig_by_verasthebrujah-dbt6623.png.47ea1d18a023dde3cc5da14a646e53fb.png

The Phoenix Firebirds!

The second franchise selected for the 1988 expansion almost did not happen as LA won the bid to receive another team.

Marc D'Angelo, the owner of the LA Stars, did not want another team in his stadium so he sued the MLF to stop the expansion since the vote was 25-1 against the 26 year old owner.

After a couple of hearings the owners agreed to wait until the next expansion for LA & chose Phoenix.

It was agreed that the Stars would receive a percentage of whatever the cost of the franchise was if LA was to get another team.

Phoenix did not have much success the first 20 years of the franchise.

The last four years has been a lot better under coach Ron Raye including the last two NC West Division Titles.

The key has been versatile QB Shaun Brooks & the running game of the powerful Lashon Edwards & the speedy Deuce Davis.

All-Pro WR Eric James is also one of the best in the game.

The defense is solid led by DE's Ron Simon & Chucky Diogu & CB's C.J. Arrington & Renaldo Ariza.

Here are the logos & uniforms as always C & C welcome.

PHOLogosUniformsSheet1.png

PHOAltUniformsSheet1.png

Interesting, they are an expansion team from 1988 but that logo has a very 70's feel to me

I like the unis but maybe the logo needs a modern update?

Overall I love this project and this is my favorite thread on the site.

Keep up the good work

Completely agree. Also I'm feeling white sleeves on the home and red sleeves on the away instead of the firebird head logo. Good concept though!

Interesting, they are an expansion team from 1988 but that logo has a very 70's feel to me

I like the unis but maybe the logo needs a modern update?

Overall I love this project and this is my favorite thread on the site.

Keep up the good work

Yeah I felt it did have a little older feel to me as well.

Do you think it is the yellow color because it is an old gold or just the design?

I can certainly play with it because I really like the logo but feel it can improve.

Archived