Major League Football (my fictional concept league)

hugevolsfan

• Replies 729
  • Created
  • Last Reply

New Orleans looks like the product of a drunken rendezvous between the Arizona Cardinals and Baltimore Ravens... and it's not a bad thing! I really like the look.

I get the Ravens but I guess I am missing the Cardinals.

Is it the shape of the logo or something maybe the jersey stripes.

Anyways I really enjoyed coming up with this one.

In my mind for a long time I have had this pirate head that kinda flowed like the Elvis patriot logo.

Even though it ended up not looking like him I used a picture of Jean Lafitte as a reference.

I originally had a lighter purple & gold but just could not get it to work so I darkened them up a bit.

New Orleans has had a few names before the pirates such as Pythons & Knights.

I was worried about making two pirate themed logos but I think Miami & New Orleans are both unique.

New Orleans is great. At first I thought it looked too similar to the stallions, but looking it over it really doesnt except for the home uniform

The purples ended up being alot closer than I intended but I compared them side by side & are different enough I believe.

I might be able to lighten it up a bit if anyone else thinks its a problem.

New Orleans looks like the product of a drunken rendezvous between the Arizona Cardinals and Baltimore Ravens... and it's not a bad thing! I really like the look.

I get the Ravens but I guess I am missing the Cardinals.

Is it the shape of the logo or something maybe the jersey stripes.

Anyways I really enjoyed coming up with this one.

In my mind for a long time I have had this pirate head that kinda flowed like the Elvis patriot logo.

Even though it ended up not looking like him I used a picture of Jean Lafitte as a reference.

I originally had a lighter purple & gold but just could not get it to work so I darkened them up a bit.

New Orleans has had a few names before the pirates such as Pythons & Knights.

I was worried about making two pirate themed logos but I think Miami & New Orleans are both unique.

The uniform style more resembles the Atlanta Falcons than the Cardinals.

YOZXkBG.png?1

Up next will probably be Chicago (just for Mkg74) or NY Generals not sure yet.

I would like to see them back-to-back Chicago and New York. Much like OchentaYOcho88 is, I am looking forward to them. Both the Barbarians and Generals should be interesting as I am thinking due to the two being among the older franchises of the league, their identify would be old school like the Bulldogs and Autos.

Up next will probably be Chicago (just for Mkg74) or NY Generals not sure yet.

I would like to see them back-to-back Chicago and New York. Much like OchentaYOcho88 is, I am looking forward to them. Both the Barbarians and Generals should be interesting as I am thinking due to the two being among the older franchises of the league, their identify would be old school like the Bulldogs and Autos.

You are right about NY being old school but not Chicago.

Chicago will have a throwback but they had a complete overhaul in 1971 then a modernization of the logos & uniforms in 1998.

the colors are great, the logo is kind of drab. but hey, i could think of a few bad logos the NFL currently has(i.e the broncos current logo,the patriots lol). every league has 'em.

in totality, the logo was not what i was expecting to be very honest. gimme a few minutes, it may grow on me eventualy

utahpioneerssig_by_verasthebrujah-dbt6623.png.47ea1d18a023dde3cc5da14a646e53fb.png

the colors are great, the logo is kind of drab. but hey, i could think of a few bad logos the NFL currently has(i.e the broncos current logo,the patriots lol). every league has 'em.

in totality, the logo was not what i was expecting to be very honest. gimme a few minutes, it may grow on me eventualy

I actually like both of those logos I know I am in the minority with the Patriots.

I really like the logo it looked better with the eye patch I had but I realized if I did that when I flipped it on the helmet it would have both eyes patched. lol

Or I could go the ravens route & make a different logo for the flip side which would be silly IMO.

The New Orleans Pirates!

In 1972 New Orleans & San Diego became the 23rd & 24th franchises of the ever growing Major Football League.

The MLF was having their best years ever & already had stated they would expand again in four years which ended up being pushed to six.

New Orleans owner Dan Merritt was a big fan of Pirates.

He actually called himself the Corporate Pirate & was set on calling his team the Pirates.

Miami owner Don Williams was against the idea because he was afraid it would affect his brand.

Merritt agreed to make the identity different because he wanted his team to be modeled after the Pirate Jean Lafitte anyway.

New Orleans struggled for a few years until 1977 when they drafted QB Bart Sadowski.

Sadowski went on to lead the team to 9 playoff appearances but never won a title.

He finished his career the all time leader in almost every major statistic in passing.

The last few years have been ruff but hope has returned with hiring of head coach Danny Sheppard in 2010.

QB Chris Bruener & WR Ahmad Abdur-Sahim are two young players Sheppard is hoping can take them to the next level.

Bruener led the league in interceptions last year & must reduce those to be effective.

The running game has been an issue & must improve from the 3.1 yards per carry they had last year.

If the offense comes along then they will have some help for the second best defense in the league.

All-Pro S Von Cato leads the defense along with All Pros DE Quinton Graves, DT Barron Thomas, LB Peter Bullock, & CB Chris McCleon.

Here is the current set C & C is always welcome!

NOLogosUniformsSheet.png

NOAltUniformSheet.png

I can't be the only one who sees Danny Trejo in that logo....

I think the logo looks more conquistador then anything, you could almost get away with calling them the N.O. Conquistadors.

Yeah but if you look up Jean Lafitte he did not look like a pirate either.

The eye patch really made him more pirate like & yes he does look like Danny Trejo unintentional as it was because I have seen the actor but did not know him by name so I had to google him.

Probably not much of a difference between the two anyway lol.

Really like the Pirates' alternate set alot. the purple and black clash nicely there

and very pleased to know the Barbarians are on the way :)

utahpioneerssig_by_verasthebrujah-dbt6623.png.47ea1d18a023dde3cc5da14a646e53fb.png

I was just thinking. You have no teams with orange being their primary color. There are three teams in the NFL where orange is the primary color - Browns, Bengals, and Broncos (interestingly all start with B haha). You don't have any yet with green being the primary also. Jets and Packers have that. You have it as an alternate color for the Pioneers. I know you said how the NY Generals will have a miltary greenish color being their main color but that is the only green team I can think of in your league. I noticed you have a lot of teams with baby blue or navy being a color. That is quite interesting. I like the fact the Bulldogs use maroon as a color. Really makes the team have that old school feel.

Archived