Major League Football (my fictional concept league)

hugevolsfan

The New York Generals!

The Generals was named after their first coach/owner General Robert McKinley.

The Generals lost the second MLF Championship in 1941 to the Cleveland Bulldogs on a last second field goal 23-21.

They would not make it back to the championship game until 1947 when they beat the Detroit Autos 20-10.

The Generals went on to lose two more championships to Cleveland in the 50's.

The last championship came after the 2003 season led by QB Gary Millen & RB Otis McNeill.

After the retirement of Millen after 2007 season Tim Collins took over.

The team is still has one member of the championship team in All-Pro WR Stanley Robinson.

The running game is good but not great with RB Edric Bennett & FB Chad Lanning.

The defense is solid with middle LB Kevin Jones, DE Jabeer Kana-Jue & CB Mike Webber.

Here are the current uniforms that have gone unchanged except for the addition of the secondary logo.

The alternate is worn the week of veterans day to honor all the veterans of our military services.

NYGLogosampUniformsSheet1.pngNYGAltUniform1.png

• Replies 729
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well I am not sure what team will be next maybe the Philly Tigers.

I only have one team complete but will probably wait on that one.

This thread may slow down since I don't have anymore complete but who knows.

I really appreciate the feedback & can't believe I only have 11 teams left.

Classic image for the NY Generals. Definitely can tell it's the team identity. I love the number font. Goes right for this military themed team. Only 11 left? Wow this series is going by fast. One of the better ones out there on par with the EBA. Splendid work on everything.

This may seem like a dumb question hugevolsfan, but are you able to post the standings of the league from last year? If it's too much of a hassle, you don't need to. But I'm really into this league and want to see how it played out. Once again, if it will be difficult to accomplish, you don't need to post them, but if you can, may you please.

This may seem like a dumb question hugevolsfan, but are you able to post the standings of the league from last year? If it's too much of a hassle, you don't need to. But I'm really into this league and want to see how it played out. Once again, if it will be difficult to accomplish, you don't need to post them, but if you can, may you please.

Yes I believe I can accomplish it. I appreciate your interest. When I was growing up I cannot tell you how weird I thought I was for making up my own league & such but as I have found out I am not the only one.

I will get them up in a bit

What are the colors of the Denver Riders and Toronto Rhinos if you don't mind me asking?

Denver is Copper & Black

Toronto is not settled for sure but I am thinking Red, White, & Gray.

Pittsburgh is Black & Silver

Philadelphia is Orange & Black

New York Knights is unless I change it Blue & Gray

Tampa Bay is not settled but Ocean type Blue & Orange

San Diego is Sea Green & Slate

Cincinnati is Royal Blue & Gold

San Francisco will be Burgandy, Black, & Gray

Milwaukee is Red, Blue, & Yellow

Minnesota is Green & Brown I think

I just thought I would tell them all while I was at it the only ones that I have not even started is TB, Minnesota & Toronto so they are still up in the air.

Archived