Major League Football (my fictional concept league)

hugevolsfan

• Replies 729
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm new to the site and this is one of my favorite threads.I love the quality of these conceptsand the idea of a whole league

I appreciate it I hope to have New York up in the next day or so.

I feel the next few concepts may take a while because I have a lot going on but I will not ignore this because I am so close to the end.

I usually do something on this everyday but not had as much time in the last week.

The New York Knights!

The Knights have always been the other New York team since moving over from the AAFL in 1959.

The team has never won or made it to a championship.

The best player in franchise history is Frank Parrella one of the best QBs in the 60's & 70's.

The team seems to be in the right direction since head coach Jim Novak arrived in 2010.

Novak was defensive coordinator for the Dallas Marshals in all of their championship runs in the last decade.

His defense is one of the best even though he has only one name player in Leon Jack who is one of the best OLB in the game.

The offense is starting to come around with 3rd year QB Drew Rodgers at the helm.

Rodgers has several weapons in TE Chad Stewart who is considered a rising star along with WR's Houston Haywood, Amare Thomas, & Turner Hill.

The offensive line is a strength with T Kareem Thomas & G Antonio Richmond leading the way for powerful RB Travis Price.

This team seems to be ready to take the next step & become a contender in the American Conference East Division.

Here are the current uniforms C & C as always

NYKLogosampUniformsSheet.png

The shoulders-upper arms need some work, but otherwise, really good.

I consider removing the weird dagger things on both home and away, and for just the home putting silver on the sleeve collar, like how the away has blue there.

Agreed. I really like the overall logo package (probably one of my favorites so far) but the uniforms fall a little short. In addition to what generalshepherd said, I would also enlarge the logo and the script on the uniform.

Not huge on the main logo sort of feels like been there done that.

imo, the secondary should be the main logo on the helmet.

To get it to look a bit different from the Admirals(as EL-T mentioned), maybe darken the silver a hair.

The helmet and pant stripes are dead on and love the number fonts

utahpioneerssig_by_verasthebrujah-dbt6623.png.47ea1d18a023dde3cc5da14a646e53fb.png

Going through and taking a look. Nice work!

...But "Philadephia". Yup, you're missing an L in the wordmark.

Good catch did not notice an evidently nobody else did either.

I really don't see the admirals in this at all.

I had the NY as the primary initially but I really like the shield logo. Anyone else think I should switch.

I do not want to darken the silver as I think it will change the highlights on the logo too much.

Maybe I need to change the Navy to something else but I really like this color combo.

On the arms I actually had the sword going down from the neck I might revisit that because I will probably need to put the secondary on the arms if I don't.

I felt the uniforms were lacking as well but just could not come up with better so I thought some C & C would help which I think it may have.

Up next will be the Pittsburgh Miners which is a very simple logo & scheme.

I have had this finished for a while just felt It needed some distance from some of the other earlier teams.

Here is an update to the Knights!

I made the stripes on the arms look more like the pants.

added silver to sleeves & collar & darkened it just a tad.

Also made the logos a little bigger on the helmets & workmark on the chest.

C & C

NYKLogosampUniformsSheetcopy.png

The little shoulder dagger-thingy is still bothering me. How about do what like the Seahawks used to have, have a sword going horizontally and the blade in the front. I don't know, it's just a suggestion.

Love the pants stripe for the Knights. Started to follow this before I became a member, and I love every team, but my fave is The Bombers. The blue and orange really work in football and I wish a team would use that properly (Sorry Broncs).

What about the Bears?

Archived