Major League Football (my fictional concept league)

hugevolsfan

Naming an Atlanta team "Blazers" in light of the horrible destruction of the Atlanta fire which was deliberately set as an act of terrorism is insensitive at best.

What next, the New York Tower Crashers?

What about the Atlanta Flames?

Chicago Fire? I could go on but I won't.

• Replies 729
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Naming an Atlanta team "Blazers" in light of the horrible destruction of the Atlanta fire which was deliberately set as an act of terrorism is insensitive at best.

What next, the New York Tower Crashers?

Whoa, man. Just let HVF have his thing. There are only so many names that make people think of fire.

JaiBirdDesignSig.png

The Carolina Breakers!

In 1999 the MLF was heading into the new millenium with record earnings. Every team was profitable so expansion was in the air.

The city of Charlotte was awarded one of two franchises to begin play in fall of 2000.

Owner James Reinhardt decided to let his team represent all of the Carolinas.

He wanted the team name to do the same so the Carolina Breakers were born.

The team experienced moderate success early on under the veteran leadership of QB Jesse Long.

However in 2008, the Breakers had the worst record in the league & thus the #1 pick.

Head Coach Rick Kollar was hired & they drafted one of the most excited young players in the league in QB Donovan Jackson that same year.

Jackson led them to a 10-6 record & a playoff berth after going 6-10 the season before.

Jackson continued to impress with 35 total touchdowns, 3827 yards passing & 852 yards rushing.

Kollar is still looking for more pieces to the puzzle on offense that will compliment Jackson, WR Steve Bruce, & All-Pro G Leonard Moore.

The defense was good but not great with DT Shawn Duckett, DE Jermareo Williams, LB Shedrick Clarke, & CB Devin Bennett leading the way.

Carolina is looking to improve on last years playoff appearance.

Here are the logos & uniforms C &C!

CARLogoUniformsSheet2.png

CARALTUniformsSheet.png

Charlotte is nowhere near the ocean. Then again, neither is Orlando (insert "Coach" reference here).

I agree but when your representing all of Carolina it is. That James Reinhardt really knew something about branding a team!

Owner James Reinhardt decided to let his team represent all of the Carolinas.

He wanted the team name to do the same so the Carolina Breakers were born.

The Cleveland Bulldogs!

History:

The Bulldogs history dates back to 1895 when a club team was born.

Cleveland has won the most championships with 13 titles in the first 30 years of the MLF.

They also have the distinction of having the coach with most all time wins in the legendary Poppy Mills at 388 wins in 40 seasons.

Since Mills retired Cleveland has not won any championships but have made the playoffs several times.

Head coach Gary Hargraves is the third longest tenured coach for Cleveland at only 6 seasons.

Last year Hargraves led his team to a first place finish in the National Conference North Division with an 11-5 record.

QB Koy McCord had his best season hitting on 63% of his passes for 3,422 yards 19 TDs with only 8 INTs.

He was helped out by RBs Michael Griffin & Curtis Jones who rushed for over 2k yards combined.

The defense was solid but only had one All-Pro in CB Kenny Oliver.

What a season he had with the most interceptions in the league with 11 & returned 3 for touchdowns.

This year Cleveland is hoping to get to the Championship game for the first time since 1972.

Here are the logos & uniforms C & C.

CLELogoUniformsSheet.png

Very very cool I like the job and the identity but the only thing I don't like is the blandness of the striping.

Agreed. Update the striping.

what would you suggest? I am not real happy with them either I had tinkered with these before but could come up with a better striping that I had not used on some others..

The MILF project returns!

I love the Bombers, Admirals and Bulldogs concepts. All very clean and well done. You picked the perfect name for Cleveland which I'm assuming is inspired by the Canton Bulldogs. The Breakers are a little bland in color scheme but I like the look.

I'm not crazy about the Blazers though. It just seems a level down from the others that look professional. Maybe they remind me of some old 80s WWF costume.

87Redskins.png

The MILF project returns!

I love the Bombers, Admirals and Bulldogs concepts. All very clean and well done. You picked the perfect name for Cleveland which I'm assuming is inspired by the Canton Bulldogs. The Breakers are a little bland in color scheme but I like the look.

I'm not crazy about the Blazers though. It just seems a level down from the others that look professional. Maybe they remind me of some old 80s WWF costume.

I actually love the color scheme of the Breakers one of my favorite looks. Cleveland is inspired by the Canton Bulldogs their colors were maroon & white I just added black. Initially I went with gray but just did not look right.

Are the Logos not professional looking or is it just the uniform on the Blazers?

I love the helmet design of the Blazers but not the pants as much but you could not do a traditional striping plus there does need to be variety.

I am working on updating the striping on Cleveland probably will be a double stripe on the shirt & socks.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

A double stripe sounds good, just be careful not to make it too thick because the striping shouldn't dominate the jersey. It will spice it up a little though, so if it is well executed it should look good. I wouldn't make the Bulldogs too complicated because it seems to me that they are like the Colts of this league in terms of the simplicity of the uniforms, and simple doesnt necessarily equal bad.

"Those who believe in telekinetics, raise my hand."

Cohenj.png

I get what you were going for, but they're too Chicago Maroons-y.

fb-gaines-090311-a1.jpg

Thats pretty good what level do they play at high school?

I wonder why the C is bigger on the jersey than it is on the helmet.

Clearly like BYU this team has taken their look from the best football league on the planet.

I get what you were going for, but they're too Chicago Maroons-y.

fb-gaines-090311-a1.jpg

Thats pretty good what level do they play at high school?

I wonder why the C is bigger on the jersey than it is on the helmet.

Clearly like BYU this team has taken their look from the best football league on the planet.

They're D3 now, but the University of Chicago was a charter member of the Big Ten.

Archived