Major League Football (my fictional concept league)

hugevolsfan

• Replies 729
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Wow, that red jersey looks outstanding! Id like to see that as the primary set.

I must've missed this somewhere, but are the pants on your sets interchangeable?

Yes the pants would be interchangeable I like the red but want the current primary be the main one because I like the red black red set the best.

I love the San Fran uniforms and btw I was curious if you would be doing any sort of throwback uniforms when you finish the project.

I may but once I complete this I plan on taking a break because this is way to time consuming for me.

I can get lost in this if I let it I have much greater things going on with doing My Lord's work.

HVF, my apologies. I was actually trying to defend you but did a poor job of wording it. I really don't think either logo is a rip off (poor choice of words), but to disagree with others, I think the secondary has more similarities to the Hawks logo than your primary logo does. Hopefully this is more well stated.

I think the secondary is a more a rip off of the Hawks than the primary. I prefer the primary as the primary. Like the colors but not sure about the wings on the helmet.

I really don't like people saying its a rip off of the Hawks other than there being both hawks there is nothing other than view that looks alike.

The hawks wings look nothing like mine by my design & the head & beak a very different not to mention the claws are positioned different.

If anything it looks more like the full body Ravens logo.

here they are together I do not believe anyone would mistake the two.

5mdhgjh3aa92kih09pgi.gif

Secondary_zps851f0321.png

To be clear, I only pointed out that it looked like it, which it is similar in style.

I never thought that you ripped it off.

It is a good rendering and nice look.

Just did not like the rip off comment above it is all good.

Coach4u everything is fine rip off sounds like a recolored or just changed a few things.

I actually did not use the Hawks logo as a reference much I really used the Raven logo more because that was the idea long ago for this.team.

First off, I like the colors and the wordmark. After that...

I don't really like the way the hawk looks. The black space between it's head and feet looks awkward to me, and I think the head and body are very disproportionate. I'm not into the way you stylized it, but I suppose that's just personal preference.

If you'd like to make it more realistic, here's a couple things I noticed.

• hawks' wings don't tend to bent upward like that. Most of the feathers fan out to the side, and when they're landing, a few feathers near the top of the wing poke out to change airflow. Here are some references: http://www.creaturepics.co.uk/USERIMAGES/Harris%20hawk(1).jpg http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-R42Z8i05byQ/UM7WkA7b5yI/AAAAAAAAGYY/FXt-JNgLX1Y/s1600/hhawkflying.jpg
  • The shading on the wings doesn't match up to anything in real life. You have a bunch of feathers pointing out to the sides, but in reality a couple feathers would point to the side, and then they'd progressively angle down towards the ground.
  • I can't exactly tell, but something is off about the head. It may be how ruffled the feathers are, it may be the beak, I'm not sure. It just doesn't look much like a hawk's face to me.

Oh, and I agree with 8BW14, the same wing design on the helmet and shoulders is too much.

First off, I like the colors and the wordmark. After that...

I don't really like the way the hawk looks. The black space between it's head and feet looks awkward to me, and I think the head and body are very disproportionate. I'm not into the way you stylized it, but I suppose that's just personal preference.

If you'd like to make it more realistic, here's a couple things I noticed.

• hawks' wings don't tend to bent upward like that. Most of the feathers fan out to the side, and when they're landing, a few feathers near the top of the wing poke out to change airflow. Here are some references: http://www.creaturep...ris hawk(1).jpg http://3.bp.blogspot...hhawkflying.jpg
  • The shading on the wings doesn't match up to anything in real life. You have a bunch of feathers pointing out to the sides, but in reality a couple feathers would point to the side, and then they'd progressively angle down towards the ground.
  • I can't exactly tell, but something is off about the head. It may be how ruffled the feathers are, it may be the beak, I'm not sure. It just doesn't look much like a hawk's face to me.

Oh, and I agree with 8BW14, the same wing design on the helmet and shoulders is too much.

Yeah if I did all of that it would take this looking exactly like the Atlanta Hawks.

I used some liberty here I think it still looks like a hawk I used a lot of different pictures I chose to do the wings how I did them by looking at one pic that was similar to how I made them.

I may take a look at it again & make some changes I have done that to several that I have posted that will be reposted at the end.

Why is the same wing design too much but if I did same stripes on the jerseys, pants, helmets that would be consistent?

I do not think it is too much it does not make it busy but really shows off the wings to each his own I guess.

One thing I have found in creating a league from scratch you cannot please everyone.

What about a team in San Antonio

I have had these team names finished for a while so no San Antonio however I have a minor league for the MLF that has the San Antonio Outlaws in it but I do not know if I will start that league a full design though.

I will have an update tonight for the hawks I reworked the logo some made the bottom of the beak smaller which I think helped alot & changed the wings some.

I am a few days late on this, but all ll I see in the face is a raven. I don't see a hawk. Your bird's head has way too high of a forehead. Birds, and particularly hawks and eagles don't have much of a forehead. Hawks' heads angle back, not upward.

Also. the lines on the wings don't really give any sense of depth or shadows. They seems to just be sharp lines. I also used to make logos using lines, and sometimes lines can work, but shapes and shadows is what really makes logos pop, rather than just thin lines that just separate shapes. I don't know if I really explained what I am trying to say well. (Look at the wings on the St. Joseph's Hawks logo as just one example. Look at the shading and shapes. There are no lines.)

Certain aspects of this logo work, and with the thousands of bird logos out there to use as inspiration, you can find something. I like the idea but it still needs work as far as execution in my opinion.

I am a few days late on this, but all ll I see in the face is a raven. I don't see a hawk. Your bird's head has way too high of a forehead. Birds, and particularly hawks and eagles don't have much of a forehead. Hawks' heads angle back, not upward.

Also. the lines on the wings don't really give any sense of depth or shadows. They seems to just be sharp lines. I also used to make logos using lines, and sometimes lines can work, but shapes and shadows is what really makes logos pop, rather than just thin lines that just separate shapes. I don't know if I really explained what I am trying to say well. (Look at the wings on the St. Joseph's Hawks logo as just one example. Look at the shading and shapes. There are no lines.)

Certain aspects of this logo work, and with the thousands of bird logos out there to use as inspiration, you can find something. I like the idea but it still needs work as far as execution in my opinion.

Thanks for commenting I will certainly look at it some more. The head has bothered me some I actually took some ideas from the IUP logo on this one that does have a high forehead.

The wings I actually had a stronger shape at one time but I also wanted it to pop of the helmet & with alot of red it will not.

I will experiment with that I appreciate your critique as I respect your skills a great deal.

Update #2 took into Jahas suggestion on the bird head adjusted it alot tried to do what he said on the wings but just could not come up with something that did not have too much red so I just thickened the lines now on to Tampa Bay.

SFLogosampUniformsSheetcopy_zps6982fe56.png

SFAltUniformSheet_zps54d23840.png

EliteHomecopy_zps9571c170.png

EliteAwaycopy_zpse3c55921.png

EliteAltcopy_zps51521956.png

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Archived