Major League Football (my fictional concept league)

hugevolsfan

The Tampa Bay Barracudas!

Tampa was the first team selected for the 1994 expansion.

In a name the team contest Barracudas won barely over runner up Rays.

The team has been competitive over the years but really has hit their strides in the last five years with the arrival of head coach Buddy Zimmer.

In 2010 they had their best season going 13-3 & making the MLF Championship only to lose to the Los Angeles Stars 35-17.

Many fans thought the season was over before it began when veteran QB Ken Bannon went down with a season ending injury.

Untested backup QB Curt O'Hara took the helm & never looked back.

However he had a lot of help from bruising RB Barry Morris, WR's Calvin Martin & Terry Stallworth along with a great rookie TE in Mark Kelly.

The defense is strong with DE's CJ Bryan & Bryan Hicks along with CB Anthony Webster.

Here are their current logos & uniforms that were redesigned in 2011. C & C as always is welcome!

TBLogosampUniformsSheetcopy_zps6dbf6a68.

TBAltUniformsSheetcopy_zpsc96c0d2a.png

HomeElitecopy_zps712a9241.png

AwayElitecopy_zpsfd88655f.png

AltElitecopy_zpscdb521c0.png

HomeEliteTealPantscopy_zpsf3a99aaa.png

AwayElitewhitepantscopy_zps9f06959e.png

• Replies 729
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Not sure about that number font, but everything else is fantastic. I've seen this thread from the beginning, and I have to say, bravo my fellow Vols fan. The histories behind each team are amazing. This is in my top 3 threads on this Concepts forum with GPs NFL expansion and psgd's America League.

@loganaweaver - Twitter / @loganaweaver - Instagram / Nike Vapor Untouchable Football Template  / Logan's Logos

Tampa Bay would be perfect if the barracuda didn't wrap so far along the back of the helmet.

I've been a huge fan if this series from the beginning. It felt like you were presenting a real league.

Great work!

thanks that was the goal yeah I went back & forth on the Barracuda on the helmet I will probably change it. The pattern is scales & the number font is customized

Great series, I was a lurker for most of it, and it took a little while, but it was well worth the wait! The team histories are the best part about this. Top 5 thread in the concepts section for sure, This is easily my favorite fictional concept football league.

File:Virginia Tech Hokies logo.svg

I would fix the fish's tale, looks like a stump with spines. other than that, i am in love with that logo

It is supposed to look like the tail on this one so that was what I was going for but I agree I have tried reworking it many times because I was not completely satisfied.

http://oldsaltfishing.org/wp-content/uploads/2013/01/ClickHandler-2.jpg

Best:

1. Milwaukee Warriors

2. Toronto Rhinos

3. Miami Marauders

4. Carolina Breakers

5. New York Knights

Hin mentions: Seattle Thunderbolts, New York Generals

There really aren't any bad ones, but here are the 5 that don't really appeal to me as much:(In no particular order):

Cincinnati Kings

Washington Americans

Denver Riders

Kansas City Mustangs

St. Louis Stallions

Apparently I don't like horses...

The Tampa Bay Barracudas!

Tampa was the first team selected for the 1994 expansion.

In a name the team contest Barracudas won barely over runner up Rays.

The team has been competitive over the years but really has hit their strides in the last five years with the arrival of head coach Buddy Zimmer.

In 2010 they had their best season going 13-3 & making the MLF Championship only to lose to the Los Angeles Stars 35-17.

Many fans thought the season was over before it began when veteran QB Ken Bannon went down with a season ending injury.

Untested backup QB Curt O'Hara took the helm & never looked back.

However he had a lot of help from bruising RB Barry Morris, WR's Calvin Martin & Terry Stallworth along with a great rookie TE in Mark Kelly.

The defense is strong with DE's CJ Bryan & Bryan Hicks along with CB Anthony Webster.

Here are their current logos & uniforms that were redesigned in 2011. C & C as always is welcome!

TBLogosampUniformsSheetcopy_zps6dbf6a68.

TBAltUniformsSheetcopy_zpsc96c0d2a.png

HomeElitecopy_zps712a9241.png

AwayElitecopy_zpsfd88655f.png

AltElitecopy_zpscdb521c0.png

HomeEliteTealPantscopy_zpsf3a99aaa.png

AwayElitewhitepantscopy_zps9f06959e.png

Very nice! Interesting you used the "Barracudas", I did an old NCAA Teambuilder team named the Tampa Bay Tech Barracudas last year! I guess it just rolls off the tongue nicely.

Most of everything was top notch...but if i were to choose which teams were a little less compared to the brilliant stuff, i'd have to go with these teams:

Admirals

Bulldogs

Kings

All Still pretty dang good though

My top 5 would have to be:

Blazers

Mustangs

Generals

Knights

Stars

utahpioneerssig_by_verasthebrujah-dbt6623.png.47ea1d18a023dde3cc5da14a646e53fb.png

Wow. I've been following this thread since the beginning, and more than any other concept league I've seen, these concepts look like they could be actual designs. I wish the NFL would let you redesign a team or two for them.

The Barracudas look good. However, I agree that the tail looks strange. I think maybe you need to show the tail rather than have it be implied that it is hidden. Or maybe you could curve the blue shading to suggest the curvature of the fish's tail. I love the wordmark, but as was previously stated, I don't think it works that well for the number font. I also agree that the barracuda probably wraps too far around the helmet.

Here are my top 5:

1. Kansas City Mustangs

2. Carolina Breakers - The logo is brilliant, but I'm not quite as sold on the uniforms (in particular the sleeve logo).

3. Seattle Thunderbolts

4. New York Generals - The brand is excellent; however, I've always thought the logo looks a little squashed. Perhaps you could turn the oval into a circle? I'm not sure if it's just me, but the stars themselves also look a little squashed.

5. Chicago Barbarians

Least favorites (worst to best)

1. Dallas Marshalls - I think the logo has too much going on, and the jerseys are a bit boring.

2. Detroit Autos - It is certainly a very "classic" look, in which respect I think you succeeded, but I personally find it a little boring.

3. Miami Marauders - It's good, but the logo just doesn't jump out at me. Maybe it's something about the teal, which I've never particularly liked.

4. Pittsburgh Miners - The logo is a little complex for a football logo, I think. Also, I think it's hard to pull off a good look with just black, white, and gray.

Those are about the only ones I didn't like.

The Philadelphia Tigers uniforms aren't terribly imaginative, but I think they're actually better than what the Bengals wear. Also, something is bugging me about the tiger's facial expression.

The San Francisco Hawks look sharp. However, when I first saw them, I immediately thought "Atlanta Falcons." (That might have something to do with Matt Ryan being #2, the same number as the home uniform in your presentation.) I'm also getting Baltimore Ravens and Philadelphia Eagles vibes from the concept.

Congratulations on completing a top-notch league.

"Jesus said to him, 'I am the way, and the truth, and the life.'" - John 14:6

"For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life." - John 3:16

I will address the TB tail situation & maybe address the numbers which I like but not the 8 so much.

Eagle98 if you can put in a good word for me with the NFL I would love to have a chance with updating an NFL team. ^_^

Keep the comments coming on the ones you like the best & least it is funny how different they are.

I personally think that Pittsburgh's logo is one of the least complicated logos going.

one team I love that no one has mentioned is the Baltimore Bombers which is my first concept but one of my favorites still.

I thought I would throw my favorites in there just for fun! In no particular order.

Best:

Baltimore

Carolina

Seattle

St. Louis

Phoenix

Honorable:

Boston

Detroit

Milwaukee

LA Stars

Atlanta