hugevolsfan

Major League Football (my fictional concept league)

I am probably just going to go random teams the rest of the way.

Going alphabetically has not shown the variety.

I think Seattle will be next then Portland.

Has Oregon or Portland been done yet?

Do you mean do I have it done? The answer is yes

I still have a few finishing touches but the set is mostly complete.

sweet thank you! cant wait to see it, born in portland you see....would love for it to be a relocated team maybe from Hawaii....:P

When are the 2 New York teams coming up?

By the way, excellent work on the league so far.

When are the 2 New York teams coming up?

By the way, excellent work on the league so far.

Thanks. The New York Generals are done but I keep wanting to tweak it.

The problem I am having is making it look less like the Jets because I went Army Green & White which is an Army Jeep inspired look.

New York Knights is not done I have changed this more than I want to think of but I have great ideas just have had trouble finalizing the logo.

Just want to say your template is wicked cool! How'd you find it?

Just want to say your template is wicked cool! How'd you find it?

I made it using photoshop elements

The Seattle Shockers!

In 1976 Seattle was awarded an expansion franchise to begin play in 1978.

The name Shockers was chosen by the majority owner Bill Hammonds 7 year old son Rick who is now the majority owner.

The Shockers were one of the most successful expansion franchises ever going to the playoffs in only their second season.

In 1978 Lou Murphy who was the former coach of the Pittsburgh Miners was hired as head coach & the team drafted future hall of fame RB Erwin Walker number one overall who was named the best player in college football the year before.

Walker is one of the best RB's ever rushing for 9,233 yards in his career even though his career was cut short by injury at the age of 28.

The fortunes of the Shockers on draft day was once again on display in 2007 when they drafted QB Marvin Carter number one overall.

Carter has become one of the best in league throwing for 120 TD's in his first five years.

Last year he threw for 4825 yards 38 TD's 17 Ints.

He has a great cast around him on offense with RB Jarvis Martin, FB Ray Grant, WR's Trey Smith, Monroe Duncan, & Laroy Bradford & TE Tony Verreli.

Defense is solid but could still use some help but has one of the few shut down corners in the game in All-Pro Shaun Westbrook.

The biggest problem for Seattle is the division they play in.

They have to face LA & Denver twice a year who have been two of the best teams in the league the last five years.

Despite this they have made the playoffs 3 of those five years but have always lost in the first round.

Head coach Karl Rhodes is working towards making 2012 the year they show some progress or the Shockers will be looking for another coach.

Here are the current uniforms with a slight tweak to the logo & making the yellow the home uniform in 2008.

SEA Logos & Uniforms Sheet copy.png

SEA Logos & Uniforms Sheet copy2.png

Very sharp. Perfect. Probably one of my favorites so far.

Glad to hear I am not alone in thinking that I love it myself.

If I were told the color combo before I made this I would have thought it not would work but this really works.

This is a really nice set here. Thunderbolts name is nice, and I love the color scheme. I think the yellow jersey might be suited better as an alternate, but it does look really good. Very impressed with this series so far, keep it up!

Not my favorite. Too similar to the Chargers IMO and I don't know how well those colors would look at nite under the lights so to speak.

This is a really nice set here. Thunderbolts name is nice, and I love the color scheme. I think the yellow jersey might be suited better as an alternate, but it does look really good. Very impressed with this series so far, keep it up!

I do think you need to make the teal the regular home uniform and yellow the alternate. Even though it looks similar to the Chargers, it isn't TOO similar. Overall, nice concept.

It's like the Sacramento Surge/SD Chargers/Seattle Sonics had a love child together. very solid set, but i agree with Cohen, the darker jersey is better for the home set

on second thought, that yellow home jersey is growing on me BIG-TIME!!!

Yeah I think it must grow on you because I originally had the teal as the home set but something about it just made me go the other way.

I actually like both so much I would not care which was the alternate.

I felt the Chargers was going to show up in this with just the name alone.

I really like how this turned out back when I first started working on this I had this primary logo as the Tampa Bay Hurricanes with no S just lightning in the football that looked like an eye.

It was pretty cool but I dropped the name for TB & starting thinking about how an S would fit in the football & the Bolts were born.

It's like the Sacramento Surge/SD Chargers/Seattle Sonics had a love child together. very solid set, but i agree with Cohen, the darker jersey is better for the home set

Yeah I felt the Surge vibe when I was making this set. I actually picked the teal from the cities flag.

I always loved the Surge & the Gold Miners colors so I was looking to put the color combo on a team but this kinda just happened by coincidence.

I had this combo on San Francisco at first.

The teal-gold combo just isn't doing it for me. Purple and teal or purple and gold, would be cool. But then again,Seattle is known as the Emerald City, so naturally the color green would have to play in this. Anyways, I love the Thunderbolts nickname!