UniWatch Power Rankings

colortv

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

read 3 of them then realized why i never read anything from UniWatch.

They're Power Rankings. Just like any Power Rankings, I think they're mostly just there to stirrup (see what I did there?) debate and controversy. I don't get a lot of the first day's rankings, but I also like purple for certain teams so I'm going to disagree a lot.

The Oilers ranking is completely wrong. Top 40 look for sure, no idea where in the top 40 though. I'd also rank the Panthers, Seahawks and Kings (LA) higher.

I only really disagree with the Cavs being here. You could make a case that the rest belong at the back in my opinion. And two of my teams are there. I totally agree with the T-Wolves. The Vikes, I suppose, should be a bit higher, but the way they keep on making it worse, I cannot complain.

I'll add that I am not nearly as hard on Lucas as most. It's subjective. It's uniforms and it's fun. I don't really care if he hates purple too much or whatever. I could read rankings from OldSchoolVikings and LightsOut and enjoy them, even though they'd be totally different. I'd probably agree more with OSV, but it would be amusing to read either.

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

Really, I've never been a fan of those 80s Oilers jerseys, I thought they looked their best with the first switchover in the 90s. It's just too much going on. But, they won 5 cups in them, so the nostalgia factor is off the charts and keeps them popular. I'm glad someone else agrees with me.

I also agree on the Caps jerseys, though the thing that bothers me most is that the white/red sleeve stripes aren't on the back of the sleeves as well. it's asymmetrical for no reason, it just seems like they forgot to put it there. I once had a caps fan explain to me, "these are football jerseys. The town wasn't a hockey town but had a phenom in Ovechkin, so they made these so people would understand the look." I think they're right.

I'll respect any opinion that you can defend.

Huge disagree on the Lions. Despite their odd number font I think they have a great set. Disagree with the (LA) Kings, they aren't the most exciting but it's a simple design that harkens back to a classic uniform with slight modern variations. And how the hell is their crest cartoonish? The New Orleans Hornets logo is cartoonish. This clearly isn't.

I think they're wrong with a couple other ones too (Caps and Oilers) but some of the bottom of the list is definitely on track... The Sacramento Kings, Bengals, Stars, and Avalanche all deserve their placements.

"The Wolves' numbering and lettering have evolved over the years from illegible to semi-legible to childish"-PL

Huh? The complete opposite is true. The lettering has gotten cleaned up and so have the numbers, they eventually went with a pretty straightforward number set for their current uniforms.

He has the Nets right though even with the new uni's, their set will be that poor.

Don't get the hate on the Falcons.

I wonder how he'll complain about the Blackhawks' jerseys. I noticed on his "membership card" thing that he refuses to do designs for teams with Native American imagery logos, even though the card depicts the back of the jerseys, which rarely have said imagery. He won't do a Blackhawks jersey, even though of all the Native American-themed uniforms, theirs probably get the least amount of complaints and the logo doesn't even show up on the back of the jersey.

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

Anyone who bashes San Diego for the camo jersey loses all credibility in my book as they obviouly have no clue about San Diego. And no clue about the Padres ties to the military.

Everyone knows the players like to dress up like soldiers.

They don't need you white knighting every single :censored:ing time the Padres are mentioned.

I don't think too much into these. Remember, it's all subjective to one person's opinion. One person who is very old school and doesn't like ANYTHING new age or modern (give or take a few teams). I have my opinion about all of the teams on the first list, and it's mine to have. No use in arguing or debating it.

sportscarfskczps1d52136.png

Anyone who bashes San Diego for the camo jersey loses all credibility in my book as they obviouly have no clue about San Diego. And no clue about the Padres ties to the military.

I know all about San Diego and the military ties. The camo jerseys still look bad, just like the rest of their current mess of a non-identity. Additionally, they'll continue to look bad until they do the sensible thing and bring back a slightly-modernized version of these:

15920a_lg.jpeg

xLmjWVv.png

POTD: 2/4/12 3/4/12

Archived