UniWatch Power Rankings

colortv

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Lukas lost me when he came down on the Caps' Weagle logo. Say what you will about the uniforms, that logo is awesome.

Dameshek lost me when he advocated a return to the Brewers' BiG logo, sure it's cute or whatever, but the current look actually, you know, looks like it has to do with brewing...

All that said, I wish I could get paid for writing my opinions about uniforms all day (or for a couple hours each day). It sure would beat working.

Grunge-Logos.png

Anyone who bashes San Diego for the camo jersey loses all credibility in my book as they obviouly have no clue about San Diego. And no clue about the Padres ties to the military.

Everyone knows the players like to dress up like soldiers.

They don't need you white knighting every single :censored:ing time the Padres are mentioned.

Actually they do, since most of this site spends so much :censored:ing time bashing them.

Anyone who bashes San Diego for the camo jersey loses all credibility in my book as they obviouly have no clue about San Diego. And no clue about the Padres ties to the military.

Everyone knows the players like to dress up like soldiers.

They don't need you white knighting every single :censored:ing time the Padres are mentioned.

Actually they do, since most of this site spends so much :censored:ing time bashing them.

Bashing how the uniforms look isn't bashing the idea behind them. The difference appears to be lost on you. And this is coming from someone who kind of likes the Padres the camo look.

This is a little inside comment for my fellow Logocast hosts and Logocast listeners... Wow. Could I have been any more wrong about this topic? Double digits by the afternoon. Right. B)

BB52Big.jpg

And considering that the Padres have absolutely no identity and actively try to look like the world's most generic baseball team, they deserve every bit of bashing they get and more on a forum devoted to sports logos and identities.

I disagree, particularly regarding the camos which have nothing to do with "team identity" and would be in place even if brown came back. They're a great homage to the military that both the civilians and the servicemen and women in our fair city appreciate. Particularly the newest ones which are actual copyrighted Marine pattern uniforms.

C'mon...Lions? Not just saying this because they're my team but I think they're among the best in the league. At the very least top half. To put them with the Vikings and Bengals is an insult.

I agree with you, I myself like the Lions current uniforms .. I don't get the bad rap Lukas is giving them.

They needed that tweaking back in '09 .. To me the black trim that was added was a good compliment to the Honolulu Blue. The black trim brings the H-Blue to life. I also like the touch-up that was done to the Lion logo. It no longer looks like a big blue 'glob'

What I don't like is what Nike did to their jerseys (as they've done to so many others) .. The 'wet' spots

Lions 'wet spots'

Between the wet spots and the toilet-seat collars Nike has done some serious damage to so many team-jerseys.

I disagree with Lukas regarding Carolina ... The tweaking of their logo looks good ... what I don't like is the new wordmark. I like the old one with the paint-brush look (I think I many be in the minority on that), with the exception of having 'CAROLINA' on it ... To me wordmarks should be team-nickname only (exception, NY Giants)

Disagree on the Vikings too ... I liked their uniform change from 2006 .. it's a much better shade of purple. Get rid of that ridiculous bright yellow toilet-seat collar (as all teams with those collars need to do) and they're fine to me. I like their prior wordmark better tho', the one with the stencil-like font.

Disagree on ATL too, but Lukas did have some valid points ... ... but when seeing the Falcons in their 1966 throwbacks that's easily their best look IMO. thumbsup.gif

Agree with Lukas on JAX ... they had a great uniform in their early years and just kept on ruining them with each change made.

Also agree with him on AZ and CIN ... I like the updated Cardinal logo, but not their newer jersey-pants combo. The home uniform I can tolerate, but that white away jersey with the burgundy shoulder yoke, just awful. Buffalo had it on the away jersey from '02-'10 and thank goodness those concoctions have gone down the johnny-flusher!!!

If the Bengals alternate orange jersey was their primary they'd be in the top-half if I had my own list.

Seattle ............. too new to rate. I'm trying to keep an open mind, but at the moment I'm with Lukas ... All I will say is that when doing the redesign, why switch from that very rare shade of Pacific Blue which nobody had, to yet another Navy :wacko: please lose the monochrome at home already.

What would have been on that list if I had done it are the Chargers and Titans ...

Padres camo uniforms ... saw them this weekend, thought they looked brilliant!!

read 3 of them then realized why i never read anything from UniWatch.

This times 100.

I haven't been on his site in a while now.

From inserting his left wing BS, his odd hate, his cocky attitude, and just overall douchebaggery, I stopped going there.

I come here for all my uni/logo related needs. I don't care what Paul Lukas says or thinks.

2ly2w09.jpg

This times 100.

From inserting his left wing BS, his odd hate, his cocky attitude, and just overall douchebaggery, I stopped going there.

I come here for all my uni/logo related needs. I don't care what Paul Lukas says or thinks.

well, then it's a good thing you don't read his blog.

first, let's start here: why is this is a thread of opinions bashing someone's opinion. if you follow the site, you know lukas hates the ranking stuff. seems like he got some kind of push from ESPN to do it.

also, there's no way to say he's right on the money or dead wrong about any of this. it's subjective.

and legend, this is like the eighth time you've accused someone of being too left wing. please just stop. don't try to draw people into a political debate.

also, i don't get why uniwatch is polarizing. well-balanced human beings are able to take things with a grain of salt. do i agree with every single thing paul has ever said or written? no, but i read his column every day and take away the stuff i find relevant and interesting to me. some of you guys have way too much time to tear someone down, specifically someone who (whether you like him or not) has done a pretty good job at organizing the interest around sports aesthetics and getting it into the public consciousness.

sig2024.png

There's a word for these rankings and the NFL Network's Top 100 Players and every other set of rankings: filler. Something to take up column inches or airtime and to give people something to talk about and/or debate. It's all subjective and therefore of little value because you can't argue with feelings.

Well, you can, but that's also known as beating your head against a wall. :D

92512B20-6264-4E6C-AAF2-7A1D44E9958B-481-00000047E259721F.jpeg

He does have somewhat of a point on how the Lions should really "own" the Honolulu Blue more, but worse than the Capitals? I don't think so.

I once had a car but I crashed it. I once had a guitar but I smashed it. I once, wait where am I going with this?

Paul Lucas has become very boorish lately, his hatred of Purple is illogical, I like teams having different colors. I am sick of red, blue and black.

Me need teals, browns, purples, aquas.

ecyclopedia.gif

www.sportsecyclopedia.com

For the best in sports history go to the Sports E-Cyclopedia at

http://www.sportsecyclopedia.com

champssigtank.png

This times 100.

well, then it's a good thing you don't read his blog.

first, let's start here: why is this is a thread of opinions bashing someone's opinion. if you follow the site, you know lukas hates the ranking stuff. seems like he got some kind of push from ESPN to do it.

also, there's no way to say he's right on the money or dead wrong about any of this. it's subjective.

and legend, this is like the eighth time you've accused someone of being too left wing. please just stop. don't try to draw people into a political debate.

also, i don't get why uniwatch is polarizing. well-balanced human beings are able to take things with a grain of salt. do i agree with every single thing paul has ever said or written? no, but i read his column every day and take away the stuff i find relevant and interesting to me. some of you guys have way too much time to tear someone down, specifically someone who (whether you like him or not) has done a pretty good job at organizing the interest around sports aesthetics and getting it into the public consciousness.

My comments weren't directed at this listing. They were directed at his blog and how he is. A douchebag, plain and simple. I'm not even taking the rankings thing into consideration. I'm taking the fact that I read his site for a while and know how he is, and going just off that.

And the alleged 8 other times were probably directed at Lukas several of them, because he does. I never tried to turn it into a political discussion, I made a statement of fact that made his blog unappealing to me.

You don't like what I have to say?

Use the ignore button champ. Nothing stopping you and I promise I won't lose sleep at night.

2ly2w09.jpg

Disagree wholeheartedly with the Cardinals. Lions should be higher. Same for the Vikings.

Lukas can be an ass sometimes, but whatever. I'll read every day.

I think the Lions look sharp, they should be higher. The black doesn't bother me on them.

The Cards and Vikings are some of the worst looks in town, messy looking stripe-fests. And they both look awful on the road with jerseys and pants not intended to go together.

Paul Lucas has become very boorish lately, his hatred of Purple is illogical, I like teams having different colors. I am sick of red, blue and black.

Me need teals, browns, purples, aquas.

Ditto. I don't agree with most of his opinions, but like him or not, he does present some logo/uniform history that's new/interesting to me at least. Still, whenever I read his blog I do a lot of skimming, because some of his comments just bug me sometimes.

I know all about San Diego and the military ties. The camo jerseys still look bad, just like the rest of their current mess of a non-identity. Additionally, they'll continue to look bad until they do the sensible thing and bring back a slightly-modernized version of these:

15920a_lg.jpeg

WRONG!!

These:

nl_1969_sandiego.gif

tumblr_lnkndldT5D1qj302po1_400.jpg

padres.jpg

(Only make the cap logo more like the current one.)

Archived