UniWatch Power Rankings

colortv

So the final rankings came in today. Canadiens were No. 1, followed by the Bears. While I'm very flattered that he thinks the Bears have the best uniforms in the NFL, it's still a weird, weird list.

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So the final rankings came in today. Canadiens were No. 1, followed by the Bears. While I'm very flattered that he thinks the Bears have the best uniforms in the NFL, it's still a weird, weird list.

Did you design them or something?

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

I like his top 25.

And while I love the flyers uniforms, and dig that the other list ranked them as #1 (even tho I'd say a few adjustments could be made, like widening the wide portion on the sleeves so the numbers fit and addin the black outline back), I always thought the Canadiens were the other best uniform set in the nhl, so I'm fine with them being #1.

Yeah, I did. Great post.

---

My point was that I didn't expect my favorite team to be in the top 5, much less 2nd overall.

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

The Blackhawks have great uniforms, but I've never thought they were the undisputed best in the NHL.

i have no interest in reading critiques from someone who dosent know the first thing about critiquing design. now its my turn to sound like a douchebag, but his ignorance is not equal to my knowledge. so the "its just his opinion" thing dosen't fly with me

I know 'red already responded to this, but this really bugs me. I am not a professional designer. I have not taken a single class in graphic design. Moreover I have no desire to pursue that profession.

Yet I'm pretty sure I know what I like when it comes to branding and sports logos and uniforms. I have my reasons for why I like certain things and why I dislike other things, and I try to explain those reasons as thoroughly as possible when it's appropriate to do so. I find the notion that someone's opinion isn't worth reading just because they're not a professional designer to be ridiculous. If it is how you truly feel, then you might as well put most of the board on "Ignore."

Sorry, not trying to come off as a douche, but it's just how I feel. Ultimately I don't believe anyone's opinion here is more "right" than anyone else's.

already adressed this, but i wasnt taking it quite to that extreme as designer vs non-designer. was trying to focus on 1 person.

just for the record, i wouldnt "ignore" you (or most people here). we don't see things the same way, but because you can actually give a reason for liking or not liking something i can respect your position. unlike the person this thread is about (or has become about)

ultimately, i dont believe my opinion is better than someones who is an expert in a field i know nothing about. that was the point i was trying to get at. i'll admit, it got uglier than i wished

All fair points. My apologies.

I was surprised that he ranked the Bears number 2 after reading (in the Green Bay explanation), that he thinks the helmet logo is getting stale. It seems to me that if you feel that way, there would be more than just one other uniform that is better. But I guess he feels the rest of the uniform is that good.

Again, it's just fun. I thought he way overrated somethings and underrated a couple as well, but it's all subjective.

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

Okay, NOW it's time for some gripes. Well, not angry gripes like some people have had, but more disbelief at a few questionable calls.

After re-seeing the Jazz, Warriors, and Spurs uniforms, I definitely think either the Giants, Jets, or Dolphins should have made it ahead of them. They're beautiful classic and classy looks which I believe are in the upper eschelon of the NFL, alongside the four who made the top 25.

The Tigers DO NOT need to put the uniform logo on the hat. Each logo is good for where it is. The uniform logo is simplistic and a good rectangular proportion. Logos of a standard shape look better on the uniform. However, the uniform logo has too little dynamicism and too much thickness to look right on the cap. The more angular and interesting version looks better on the cap. Making it a little bigger would be nice, though.

He prefers the Rangers in white? Really? If anything, I consider the Rangers as an example of why the home/away color switch is a GREAT thing. He said the white sweater pops more, but it's just the opposite. While the letters do have great contrast with the white, the darker red and blue muddle together greatly. The Canadiens (who I agree have the best look in the NHL), were smart with their whites. There are white lines between all instances of blue and red, keeping the two from muddling, and making a much crisper look. On the other hand, with the white outline, the letters on the blue uniform pop so much more. Besides, the blue is the more legendary and iconic uniform. They are the Broadway Blueshirts after all.

And, you know I'm going to say something about the Yankees. While I didn't necessarily expect them to definitely make the top spot, I'm surprised how low they are. The statement that makes my jaw drop, however, is how he doesn't believe the pinstripes look good the baggy way people are wearing them these days. Really?! And that he doesn't like how it looks on C.C. Sabathia. REALLY?!?! If anything, the Sabathia look looks the most like the most legendary play in the team's history.

All in all, though, not too bad a list. Just some questionable calls, but opinions are opinions.

spacer.png

spacer.png

I read from the bottom up and was pretty excited when I hit #4 and the Cardinals were still in the running, then saw them at #3. Though I can't really complain. He ranked them at #1 in all of MLB and the top 2 being from 2 different sports makes it really just come down to which sports' uniforms he prefers, which is evidently hockey. All-in-all, not upset with where the Cards ended up.

His comments really don't justify the ranks. Just look at the Cowboys. He claims that he knocked them down for the mismatched colors, yet they still make the upper quarter. There's no way a team with that much of a color issue should be ranked that high.

Then looking at the Oilers and the Islanders. Both are incredibly similar, even down to the 70s logo, yet the Oilers get panned and the Islanders, with hideous alternate, get ranked several dozen places higher.

Plus, there's a bit of a dictionary issue with what cartoony means.

Also, what is this mystery alt that the Kings have that's so awful? He referring to last year's home or the throwback?

VmWIn6B.png

His comments really don't justify the ranks. Just look at the Cowboys. He claims that he knocked them down for the mismatched colors, yet they still make the upper quarter. There's no way a team with that much of a color issue should be ranked that high.

Then looking at the Oilers and the Islanders. Both are incredibly similar, even down to the 70s logo, yet the Oilers get panned and the Islanders, with hideous alternate, get ranked several dozen places higher.

Plus, there's a bit of a dictionary issue with what cartoony means.

Also, what is this mystery alt that the Kings have that's so awful? He referring to last year's home or the throwback?

2012_Sacramento.jpg

OR

Kings35.png

lol i love how everyone of your posts is just being a piece of :censored: to someone keep it up bro

signature1b.png

signature2qx.png

lol i love how everyone of your posts is just being a piece of :censored: to someone keep it up bro

QFT

Stay Tuned Sports Podcast
sB9ijEj.png

QFT

He just sounds like a bitter old man.

Archived