NBA Jersey Redesigns - Houston Rockets Alternate Added

P34

Thanks heaps.

It will be a while before I release the templates. I'm actually a little embarrassed with the way they've been assembled in Photoshop compared to some of the other templates I've seen on this site. Fortunately the jerseys scrub up well in the end :grin:

Thank you ahead of time :) I know what you mean, I feel the same way when I put together a template for posting on here.

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Your stuff looks good, and I presume you're from Australia. Did you enter the NBL's competition to design the all-star uniforms?

It's too bad that the NBL cannot afford to have clean uniforms like the NBA ... I get the commercial reality of our league, but your crisp clean uniforms will never look as good on court as they do in concept phase!

Richmond.pngCanucks-1.png49ers-1.pngMariners-2.png

Thanks to Gobbi for the awesome buttons!

Your stuff looks good, and I presume you're from Australia. Did you enter the NBL's competition to design the all-star uniforms?

It's too bad that the NBL cannot afford to have clean uniforms like the NBA ... I get the commercial reality of our league, but your crisp clean uniforms will never look as good on court as they do in concept phase!

Thanks Gregmond.

I have entered, the comp was meant to close on Aug 31st but it still seems to be open to entries. Lazy! I'm not sure If I can post them online or not until the comp closes. I imagine any design that wins will just have the main elements ported onto And1's existing jersey rather than remake from scratch anyway.

I'm well aware of sponsorship limitations(frustrations) as I work in apparel. I wasn't sure who the exact sponsor was for Sydney so I left them plain for this go around. Relative to other Australian competitions the NBL does a decent enough job integrating their corporate logos (unlike the NRL). The next NBL team I do (36ers) will have the full sponsorship on there and as it stands in my workings it doesn't look horrible.

Thanks Gregmond.

I have entered, the comp was meant to close on Aug 31st but it still seems to be open to entries. Lazy! I'm not sure If I can post them online or not until the comp closes. I imagine any design that wins will just have the main elements ported onto And1's existing jersey rather than remake from scratch anyway.

I'm well aware of sponsorship limitations(frustrations) as I work in apparel. I wasn't sure who the exact sponsor was for Sydney so I left them plain for this go around. Relative to other Australian competitions the NBL does a decent enough job integrating their corporate logos (unlike the NRL). The next NBL team I do (36ers) will have the full sponsorship on there and as it stands in my workings it doesn't look horrible.

Looks as though the comp has closed according to the NBL facebook page. Fingers crossed eh?

Love the concepts and can't wait for the template , an good to se anothe Australian on here :) the main thing I want to know about the nbl and the 36ers is where they are going to play next season, the clipsal powerhouse (or whatever the hell it's called nowadays) went broke last week. And good luck in the competition it would be cool to see some of your designs in action

Actually, the NBA is planning to start adding sponsorships to their jerseys.

rATMcmK.png

Shouldn't go with "36ERS" on the jersey - there's two numbers on each one. I'm sure the refs wouldn't like that (if it was even allowed.)

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Hey P34, those Rockets jerseys are great. I've always liked the 90s "pajama" jerseys but always wondered what they would look like toned down a bit. This answers my question. Very solid job.

Have you tried the same approach but with their current red, white, yellow colors?

Thanks Tannerk,

I'm quite happy with the way the Boomers ones turned out as well. I've been really inconsistent with how I've been applying the word marks to the jerseys and I feel like I got the size and perspective right on those.

I like your style P.

You have the knack of putting JUST enough into your designs to achieve a very clean understated look.

For practical purposes, (being able to see the numbers a little more clearly), I feel that the Lakers' dark unis could use a little more contrast.

Other than that, these are spot-on.

Your presentation is top drawer...Nice work.

• 2 weeks later...

New team, Perth Wildcats of the NBL. I've always like their word mark, not a fan of their logo or jerseys though, so I've gone for another rebrand. I've gone a little Fraser Davidson in my logo treatments, I love his work. Also, utilised ~ :censored:-stic's (deviant art) tutorial on twill applique effects in Photoshop to (hopefully) make it look a touch more realistic. (Link here: http:// :censored:-stic.deviantart.com/)

154488_199740943484440_29321989_n.jpg

315823_199740940151107_476273380_n.jpg

P34-Perth-Wildcats-Main.jpg

P34-Perth-Wildcats-Alt.jpg

I've seen some of your work on ClutchFans. So i assume you're a rockets fan!

And if so, is Project 34 "The Dream" inspired?

Loving your work so far. Have you thought about incorporating a little bit of every era?

The red and white from the championship yrs, the bevel from the late 90s with the silver from the current duds?

I think you could make it work.

Archived