NBA Jersey Redesigns - Houston Rockets Alternate Added

P34

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

An attempt at the Boston Celtics. Blasphemy I know, but I just figured it could be a fun one to work on and try to go for something outside of their ultra traditional look. I've utilised the gold and black together, which I think could look really good on the court and with the logo I've pushed for a more aggressive mascot. Not perfect, but meh...

For more of my work please visit http://projectthirtyfour.jux.com/

Hope it's to some's liking!

847e08e03f378945394b42daee8d8789.jpg

bb1c0e2f8d6a3339056fad393ebbe2dd.jpg

8872e18ade3bc1daa95cbb9a8926751d.jpg

9603cb619f671b9648ec9b2136b0da73.jpg

Amazing! Had to bump on next page! I so badly want the Rockets to go for a deep red and gold like the one used here

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks heaps. Just a question, how does one add the 'UPDATE' to a thread they've started? I've seen it a few times but can't seem to find the magic button to edit my post title. Thank you in advance.

Thanks heaps. Just a question, how does one add the 'UPDATE' to a thread they've started? I've seen it a few times but can't seem to find the magic button to edit my post title. Thank you in advance.

Go to the first post, click on the "edit" button. Once you get to the "edit" screen, click on "use full editor". Once there, you will be able to change the topic name.

Ah much appreciated!

Rockets Alternate below. Just trying some new things, template wise. Probably needs a side view...

The stars represent the two championships and I used those for the Texas connection, not because it relates to football. If I have to explain it's probably a poor design choice lol

P34_Alt_Rox_zps2a4849fd.jpg

Rox_Alt-Warp_zpse1424aa2.jpg

How do you do the stitch effect? I think that's the coolest thing. Those close ups are awesome and I'd like to do that for some hockey jerseys I do. Your presentation and execution is always top notch which always make things look better.

I'm not the biggest Basketball jersey enthusiast or know a lot about it but it looks very clean and sharp. The script is really nice.

Have you ever tried getting in contact with anyone in Rockets staff? You should give it a shot. Especially knowing change might be coming very soon. I really wouldn't mind a home and away of the alternates with tweaks like you have done(while also tweaking the Logos slightly and adding yellow/gold). BTW will you be doing a home as well with Rockets on the chest? Id like to see how the gold numbers would look against white.

How do you do the stitch effect? I think that's the coolest thing. Those close ups are awesome and I'd like to do that for some hockey jerseys I do. Your presentation and execution is always top notch which always make things look better.

I'm not the biggest Basketball jersey enthusiast or know a lot about it but it looks very clean and sharp. The script is really nice.

I've had this asked before, so I'll just paste my answer from that if that's all good with you.

It's all pretty easy as long as you have a basic understanding of Illustrator and Photoshop.

I followed this tutorial by this deviant art user to see how he did his, but kind of do it in a completely different way.

http:// :censored:-stic.deviantart.com/

Some differences are where he created his stitching in Photoshop using text, I did mine in Illustrator with a brush for greater control and then pasted into Photoshop. Much easier in my opinion. I also ended up creating my own fabric swatches for creative ownership reasons. I believe he saved his Illustrator logos and opened them in Photoshop, but I just copied and pasted because this gave me issues.

After that it's just a matter of distorting your artwork to give it that 'laid flat' feel, adding some shadow and noise and done :-)

Be sure to credit the guy on Deviant art if you end up using any graphic elements from his tutorial. It's just a matter of understanding how he achieved it and then doing it in your own way.

Hope that helps!

Have you ever tried getting in contact with anyone in Rockets staff? You should give it a shot. Especially knowing change might be coming very soon. I really wouldn't mind a home and away of the alternates with tweaks like you have done(while also tweaking the Logos slightly and adding yellow/gold). BTW will you be doing a home as well with Rockets on the chest? Id like to see how the gold numbers would look against white.

I tried with the rebrand I did and felt kind of stupid after doing it. I don't know, I can't see any way in which this kind of scenario plays out where the work a designer has submitted would end up getting used. Not that it hasn't happened I guess...

Probably won't be doing a home option, I was just playing around and wanted to see how the template worked etc.

I'm pretty sure the logo is here to stay, but hopefully the jersey will change at some point. Les sticks to his guns with these things unless he can see a massive financial windfall from it. Like the Yao/red era.

Ah much appreciated!

Rockets Alternate below. Just trying some new things, template wise. Probably needs a side view...

The stars represent the two championships and I used those for the Texas connection, not because it relates to football. If I have to explain it's probably a poor design choice lol

That template would be perfect if it wasn't so dark.... right now it actually obscures the concept (which is really good by the way).

xLmjWVv.png

POTD: 2/4/12 3/4/12

Ah much appreciated!

That template would be perfect if it wasn't so dark.... right now it actually obscures the concept (which is really good by the way).

It's more about obscuring my Photoshop lol

I'll be tweaking it for sure. Appreciate the compliments and constructive notes.

Have you ever tried getting in contact with anyone in Rockets staff?

Things have changed, from a legal perspective, since 1996. The Ravens case pretty much killed any chance any fan-made logo or uniform ever had of being officially adopted. I don't say this to be mean, because the concept on display is quite nice. It's just the fact of the matter: contacting the Rockets would be a waste of time.

An attempt at the Boston Celtics. Blasphemy I know, but I just figured it could be a fun one to work on and try to go for something outside of their ultra traditional look. I've utilised the gold and black together, which I think could look really good on the court and with the logo I've pushed for a more aggressive mascot. Not perfect, but meh...

For more of my work please visit http://projectthirtyfour.jux.com/

Hope it's to some's liking!

847e08e03f378945394b42daee8d8789.jpg

bb1c0e2f8d6a3339056fad393ebbe2dd.jpg

8872e18ade3bc1daa95cbb9a8926751d.jpg

9603cb619f671b9648ec9b2136b0da73.jpg

I really dislike the use of black for the Celtics, and the logo is a bit odd to me, but other than that, this is wonderful! Great stuff. :)

Tradition is the foundation of innovation, and not the enemy.

Archived