Better Logo? Obama Campaign vs. Romney Campaign

Dexter Morgan

Better Campaign Logos  

133 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Obama's got my vote because the stripe pattern matches the American flag.

On September 20, 2012 at 0:50 AM, 'CS85 said:

It's like watching the hellish undead creakily shuffling their way out of the flames of a liposuction clinic dumpster fire.

On February 19, 2012 at 9:30 AM, 'pianoknight said:

Story B: Red Wings go undefeated and score 100 goals in every game. They also beat a team comprised of Godzilla, the ghost of Abraham Lincoln, 2 Power Rangers and Betty White. Oh, and they played in the middle of Iraq on a military base. In the sand. With no ice. Santa gave them special sand-skates that allowed them to play in shorts and t-shirts in 115 degree weather. Jesus, Zeus and Buddha watched from the sidelines and ate cotton candy.

POTD 5/24/12POTD 2/26/17

I think the term he's searching for is "pretty iconic".

I voted for Obama logo, but think the Romney logo is pretty clever. The 3 colors represents 3 people.

Obama logo is petty icon, that's why it got my vote.

Romney, Ryan and ?

American people?

romneyR-logo-1.png

I see that, but the wavy line under the red R really bothers me. It looks weak and unfinished.

There's a way to create the three-R logo in red white and blue whilst visually representing people, all in one cohesive, strong package. But this isn't it.

Obama was the first presidential candidate I can think of who had a real logo (instead of just a wordmark) to visually define his candidacy. To me, Romney's logo looks like a "Me too!" attempt without really understanding what makes the original so good.

Just noticed something else that bothers me - the "neck" of the blue figure is more angled than the other two. It comes to a point where the red and white are more rounded. Plus - gradient?

This really looks like the (very) rough draft of a pretty good logo.

romneyR-logo.png

Even if the concept does remind me of something...

PBS-300x200.jpg

Archived