Better Logo? Obama Campaign vs. Romney Campaign

Dexter Morgan

Better Campaign Logos  

133 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

It is another example of what a narcisist Obama is, there was a flag with his picture in the blue starfield. Lets face facts people who incoperate their personal logo on a flag or face dont have a great history in the world. I recall an example some 80 years ago in Europe. In the Bavarian region.

ecyclopedia.gif

www.sportsecyclopedia.com

For the best in sports history go to the Sports E-Cyclopedia at

http://www.sportsecyclopedia.com

champssigtank.png

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Obama's logo is iconic, Romney's is generic.

Especially since Romney is using Trajan Pro Bold as the go-to font on all his campaign materials (TPB is the go-to font for something generic that's trying to look classy, whether it's a college, a restaurant or a political campaign).

On the topic of presidential logos: I've only known them. The "W" for Bush, I think, was the first true logo, instead of just a stylized "Candidate 1 Candidate 2" in red-white-and-blue.

The article linked to above is the most ridiculous garbage I've ever read. Some of the posts above are too, for that matter. (Dictators? Really?)

Take off your tin-foil hats and take this for what it is. It's not some New World Order. It's not a new american flag. It is a piece of art, done by an artist to support the Obama campaign.

Obama did not paint this. I highly doubt him or his team even created the concept. This is an artist's way of displaying his political views, and helping to raise funds for Obama's campaign.

Co-signed.

Also, how are the stripes brown? They look pretty damn red to me.

spacer.png

Those Oklahoma flags are pretty dumb.

Remember when Obama's graphics people made him a pseudo-official seal for the "Office of the President-elect"? That was an eyebrow-raiser for me, too. I just don't like branding in politics. I'm sorry. I prefer a certain detached artlessness.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

Completely disagree. Having actual branding can soften the edges and humanize a candidate. It's the candidates who don't even try and settle for non-logos with bold fonts that would look more at home in a grade school student council election that come across as intellectually lazy, status-quo career politicians, or even worse, self-serving authoritarians.

xLmjWVv.png

POTD: 2/4/12 3/4/12

Completely disagree. Having actual branding can soften the edges and humanize a candidate. It's the candidates who don't even try and settle for non-logos with bold fonts that would look more at home in a grade school student council election that come across as intellectually lazy, status-quo career politicians, or even worse, self-serving authoritarians.

Totally disagree with you completely disagreeing. I don't find anything humanizing about reducing a candidate to a logo. That's what corporations do.

The USSR had the coolest visual branding ever. Not a soft, human bunch.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

It is another example of what a narcisist Obama is, there was a flag with his picture in the blue starfield. Lets face facts people who incoperate their personal logo on a flag or face dont have a great history in the world. I recall an example some 80 years ago in Europe. In the Bavarian region.

You missed the part about Obama having nothing to do with that design personally.

http://i.imgur.com/4ahMZxD.png

koizim said:
And...and ya know what we gotta do? We gotta go kick him in da penis. He'll be injured. Injured bad.

COYS and Go Sox

Totally disagree with you completely disagreeing. I don't find anything humanizing about reducing a candidate to a logo. That's what corporations do.

The USSR had the coolest visual branding ever. Not a soft, human bunch.

Obviously you have to have the right type of branding and the right message, and of course, you have to live up to it. But a boring bumper sticker that looks like everyone else's doesn't signify that you will do anything different from anyone else.

xLmjWVv.png

POTD: 2/4/12 3/4/12

Romney Campaign

romneyR-logo.png

I'm not sure how anyone could vote for the Romney logo. Maybe the idea behind the logo isn't horrible but the execution is absolutely brutal.

Look at the "curves on the bottom of the different layers of "R". They aren't even curved properly. Not to mention how the thickness of the blue R varies so horribly much. The bottom of the "curve" of the R just drives me insane. I really hope the person who made this logo did not get a lot of money because that logo is laughable.

Hey you want to start discussing the logos instead of trying to inject your political opinions? If not please leave before you ruin another thread by continuously trying to get inane political discussions started.

concepts: washington football (2017) ... nfl (2013) ... yikes

potd 10/20/12

He, he, heh

a4534.jpg

It's a bit outdated, even beyond featuring the Progressive Conservative and Canadian Alliance logos. The Greens just use green and white these days and they've tweaked the logo a bit as well.

300px-Green_Party_logosvg.png

Though I do see an odd election sign here and there that uses the old logo and green/yellow colour scheme.

Didn't they almost HAVE to change it?

I mean isn't it difficult to sell yourself as the "green party" and have a logo that looks like the BP logo?

Presidential campaign logos are a dime a dozen. Every single one of them uses navy, red and white (in that order, too).

... with the exception of Jimmy Carter, who used green-and-white for his campaign materials in 1976 and 1980.

cartermondale1976.gif

A lot of campaigns that didn't end up getting their parties nomination also don't use red, white and blue. McCain also used blue and gold in most of his campaign materials for 2008.

philgramm1996.gif

lamaralexander1996.gif

paultsongas1992.gif

petedupont1988.gif

reubinaskew1984.gif

philcrane1980.gif

jerrybrown1976.gif

edmuskie1972.gif

spacer.png

Never really saw it like this but is the Romney logo supposed to be interpreted as the red part bwinf flat while the blue and white parts make up the side of the red, which would lead to a 3d render of a badly shaped red.R but still would make sense for the blue thickness inconsistencies.

Anyone know what I'm taking about?

Archived