I Am Uni Tracker- The College Football Uni-Tracker NEEDS YOUR HELP - See last post

TimEOBrien

Yea, other than the links being hard to see it looks good. I'm so OCD with mine...I'll go to it just about every day and make little changes just to see what looks best, and I can't seem to be satisfied with it for very long.

sportscarfskczps1d52136.png

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Here is the Virginia Tech uni-tracker: http://hokiesunitracker.blogspot.com/

How'd you get the backrground behind the text and the links on the side to be school colors?

When you go to the design tab, you select customize and through each section and input the HEX colors that VT uses. Does the site look good or is it too much orange and maroon?

You need to change the colors of links you've clicked through already. They're dark gray and illegible. Other than that, it looks good.

Added it to my links.

Thanks Tim, they are now fixed.

spacer.png

What resource do you guys use to find the scheduled uniforms for schools? Do some schools release them ahead of time? I know Maryland is wearing Black/White/Black against FSU but don't know where to look to do posts in advanced.

I found my by following Kentucky and Virginia Tech's Athletic department on twitter, in addition, you can find new on this website as well.

spacer.png

• 1 month later...

In honor of the first week of BCS rankings, I give you:

The CFUT (College Football Uni-Trackers) Power Rankings

These rankings will include all the tracker sites I know but only the ones who have been keeping up with their teams and none of my sites (to avoid bias).

So here are the first week's rankings:

1. Mizzou Uni Tracker - This site just looks sleek. The background works great, the colors are nice and the plethora of game photos helps to capture what each game really looked like. It could be improved by getting more creative with the banner or perhaps doing more work creating a collage of photos or adding a template uni to show combinations better, but overall this site is leading the way.
  2. The Big 10 Uniform Tracker - This is one of three sites that takes on the challenge of tracking an entire conference and this is the one that does it the best. Each post is a week's worth of information on a plain but trusted template. The background and window colors work nicely, but the header and templates could be improved. Great start though.
  3. EMU Eagles Uni-Tracker - Great game photos, statistical analysis and and solid presentation. The window as a pass through to the background works surprisingly well. Updates are great and site looks fantastic but a few simple upgrades would boost this site way up the rankings.
  4. Kentucky Wildcats Uniform Tracker - It pains me to say it, but this site is pretty damn nice (Not Hoosier nice, but pretty nice for Kentucky...). The header is GIANT but the information and images are there. Game photos and photo-shoot photos? Too much good stuff.
  5. Big 12 Uni Tracker - Same basic idea as the B1G tracker, but just not executed as well. Good tracking, boring site design.
  6. Mississippi State Uniform Tracker - The black parts of the header are a bit jarring and the template used on the site could be improved but it's got all you need, all you want and a few extra pieces of flair. Major points for effort and clear passion. Kudos. I love that the site has photo-shoot images, a template and a helmet template which really shows the work being put in. This site is definitely trending upward.
  7. Virginia Tech Hokies Uni Tracker - This site suffers from one major flaw: It's too loud. The info, effort and design is all there, it's just a tad hard to look at. A minor flaw, all things considered, but with such great competition, it's floating around the bottom of the top tier (remember, there are many other tracker sites who have slacked off and not earned a ranking).
  8. Pac 12 Uni Tracker - This may have the best, most accurate templates of all the sets and it tracks an entire conference with game scores but it's not a website, it's a photo stream. Put these on a half decent blogger site and baby, you got a stew goin'.

Again, great work everyone. All of you are doing great. Let's keep this up the second half of the season.

The one thing I look forward to most when I come into work on Monday mornings is looking at all the tracker sites. It's hard to keep up with all the games, and I'm really glad so many of us went in on the idea. Definitely agree that all the sites are great.

One side note on mine about using templates to show the uniforms, though. I would really like to use those as well as game photos, but I just don't have the means or skill to put them together. Other than that, I'm happy with it and I'm glad others think so as well.

sportscarfskczps1d52136.png

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 7 months later...

Archived