High School Football Uniforms 2012

LETSGOBLUEBEATMSU

My Alma Mater - New Oxford Colonials in PA.

When I went (mid-90s), they had a direct copy of the Patriots red 1980s uniforms, except they had a blue facemask on the Pat Patriot helmet. Around 1998, they moved to the Flying Elvis helmets, exactly the same, but with red jerseys still instead of blue.

They kept those until about 2007 and tweaked it into this with red helmets for Elvis:

20090902_105728_newoxfordhelmetright.JPG

20100910_104956_091010-cb-nofootball2_500.jpg

Last year, they finally came up with something original going off the school's nickname "The Ox" that actually started with my class back in the 90s. Look closely at the O, a hidden Elvis:

new_oxford.pngnew_oxford_a.png

4e86ab6b5077e.image.jpg

Nice picture of Red Lion! The new changes Oxford made are definitely an upgrade. Red lion changed from gold to black helmets this year

• Replies 164
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Here's my alma mater, Camden County, Ga ; traditionally one of the TOP teams in GA (3 state championships since 2003). The QB (Brice Ramsey) is committed to UGA as well as the HB even though we run a Wing-T. They went to the techfit template a couple years back. Clemson style helmet, and they also have the option of blue pants (blue on blue, white on blue, white on white, blue on white). They have wild on one sleeve and cats on the other for the undersleeve

7_622693.JPG

I loved the Georgia Force esque uniforms they wore a few years ago when they were at their prime. Great program with awesome uniforms. Adidas is putting out really boring uniforms.

847774.jpg

hey now they are still pretty good ; demolished peachtree ridge saturday night in the dome;

i wish they had a light blue alternate like they did in the early 2000s

Cal Bears | Miami Dolphins | Cleveland Cavaliers |
@dcjames5

These are the new uniforms for the HS I graduated from in South Carolina. Small school of around 250 students, but always a strong sports school...they went to Nike and have Pro Combat unis for this season. I like the simplicity except I am not a fan of the drop shadow on numerals OR the use of black (school colors are just blue and white). The helmet has also been changed to white.

wedevils.jpg

And just wanted to throw this in there- but I have been painting the field artwork for about 12 years now. Started when I was around 15 and did everything freehanded with a can of spray paint. For the past 5 years, I have simplified and perfected my process by going to a grid system using marked off twine on the ground. Still paint with a can in the hand, though!

wedevilsfield.jpg

Williston-Elko! I was there last year in week 0 when yall played Strom Thurmond. Dont like the uniforms either though.

CCSLC sig 2016.jpg

20kujjp.jpg

I'll represent my Bartlett Hawks. We're the team in green.

71954591.jpg

71954633.jpg

71954603.jpg

We just so happened to get wrecked that game, but it's early in the season, we'll recover! It's not my favorite uniform design, but it's okay I guess. I run track at my school and those uniforms are pretty solid so I won't complain too much...

It's Helmet Project season, and time to take a look at the big stuff.

2012 is going to be a watershed year for the Helmet Project's historical record. The matte and double-helmet era in AZ is going full throttle. While Saguaro debuted a matte helmet last year and Chaparral and Cienega became the first AZ schools since 1969 to wear two different-colored helmets in a season last year, it's getting good.

Matte:

Mountain Ridge, Chaparral, Boulder Creek, Highland, Maricopa, Mountain View Marana, Sahuaro (with an H), Saguaro (with a G ? very different schools), Salpointe Catholic, McClintock, Amphitheater, Nogales, Apache Junction, Scottsdale Christian

Double-helmet:

Mountain Ridge, probably Chaparral, Cienega again?, Canyon del Oro, Sabino, Valley Christian, Mountain View Marana, probably Raymond S. Kellis, Scottsdale Christian? ? and I'm sure there are others.

A few of those are overlap ? Chaparral debuted its first ever black helmet, and it's matte, and there's probably a secondary red or silver one. MR has a matte helmet and a second non-matte helmet. Even relative football non-starters (MV Marana, McClintock, Highland) have jumped on the trend.

The Valley Christian second helmet has a gray striped finish which is not matte but certainly different. It's also their first significant helmet refresh in 12 years.

My high school; Collins Hill has the same helmets as the Philadelphia Eagles, except they're forest green with a white facemask. I'll post the uniforms on Friday after I go to the game. The one thing I don't like about our uniforms is the ripoff helmet. I'd rather them go to this.

CollinsHillNameplate_cr.png

We have such a great logo IMO, but it's not utilized enough on the football uniforms.

AM-JKLUm-gD6dFoY5MvQGgjXb2rzP7kMTHmGf8UsR6KOCYQnHU-0HSFi-zjXHepGDckUAHcduu3pVgvwxe06RKDW2y2Z2BmhEOe8OP-WSY1XqLT9KsQ0ZP75J9loQuNrvLW208pEWCg9jq8aNx-zFneH9aPQQA=w800-h112-no?authuser=0

spacer.png

It's Helmet Project season, and time to take a look at the big stuff.

2012 is going to be a watershed year for the Helmet Project's historical record. The matte and double-helmet era in AZ is going full throttle. While Saguaro debuted a matte helmet last year and Chaparral and Cienega became the first AZ schools since 1969 to wear two different-colored helmets in a season last year, it's getting good.

Matte:

Mountain Ridge, Chaparral, Boulder Creek, Highland, Maricopa, Mountain View Marana, Sahuaro (with an H), Saguaro (with a G ? very different schools), Salpointe Catholic, McClintock, Amphitheater, Nogales, Apache Junction, Scottsdale Christian

Double-helmet:

Mountain Ridge, probably Chaparral, Cienega again?, Canyon del Oro, Sabino, Valley Christian, Mountain View Marana, probably Raymond S. Kellis, Scottsdale Christian? ? and I'm sure there are others.

A few of those are overlap ? Chaparral debuted its first ever black helmet, and it's matte, and there's probably a secondary red or silver one. MR has a matte helmet and a second non-matte helmet. Even relative football non-starters (MV Marana, McClintock, Highland) have jumped on the trend.

The Valley Christian second helmet has a gray striped finish which is not matte but certainly different. It's also their first significant helmet refresh in 12 years.

Diver High Tornadoes (Dover, OH) have also switched to a Matte grey helmet this year. Now if they would only wear crimson instead of scarlet they'd be set.

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

Alright guys well my team is 0-2 here is there uniforms from last year and this year.

LAST YEAR

g217217000000000000b41bcac53db9b5c9aa8ec55d08825dd57d2381c3.jpg

Jerseys they whore for one game last year.

g217217000000000000d642b2c4102d327a625596dac33d2a4af52c5899.jpg

There new clown uniforms. Totally ridicules.

click on the link to see them cant post them due to copyright.

http://hollandsentinel.mycapture.com/mycapture/enlarge_remote.asp?source=jsapi&remoteimageid=5842057

Letsgoblue.png

holland_hs_sig.pngHollandMichiganPNG_zps9365937b.png

Alright guys well my team is 0-2 here is there uniforms from last year and this year.

LAST YEAR

http://hollandsentinel.mycapture.com/mycapture/enlarge_remote.asp?source=jsapi&remoteimageid=5842057

I think what they have now looks much better than the previous two. Just add the logo to the helmet and you've got a good set.

sportscarfskczps1d52136.png

LAST YEAR

I think what they have now looks much better than the previous two. Just add the logo to the helmet and you've got a good set.

Ehhhhh I kinda see what your saying i think they should just add a thin black outline on the number and the text. I think what i dont like the most about there uniforms this year is that they took the H off the helmet and they have had the H for along time.

Letsgoblue.png

holland_hs_sig.pngHollandMichiganPNG_zps9365937b.png

p-1.jpg

^^^

This guy looks like he just shart himself.

UyDgMWP.jpg

5th in NAT. TITLES  |  2nd in CONF. TITLES  |  5th in HEISMAN |  7th in DRAFTS |  8th in ALL-AMER  |  7th in WINS  |  4th in BOWLS |  1st in SELLOUTS  |  1st GAMEDAY SIGN

My alma mater, Kanab (Utah) HS, has changed their uniforms for this year. They also have a new logo:

165853_320702081357500_1314300883_n.jpg,

which isn't fantastic but isn't derivative of the Dallas Cowboys star, either. I think that they were going for an interlocking "KC" logo, though the horseshoe is flipped when facing left. It's a good start IMO but could use further refining.

With the the exception of the late 2000s, Kanab has used some form of Silver or Gray as an unofficial 3rd color*. This latest set had brought back Gray, though in matte form. Since online pictures have been tough to dig up (rural HS early in the season), this is the only picture I can find:

u32_KHS-Taylor-Glover.jpg

For the most part, I like them; I can't think of any Utah school that's gone with a matte helmet, nor have I thought of any Utah school (at least in 1-2 A) that's used this Dark Gray, either. I feel as though stripes are missing on the helmet and pants, and the sleeves are asymmetric (only the right sleeve is gray with the K-Horseshoe logo). The roads, from what I can tell via a video from a distance, are basically the same, except with Red and White swapping places.**

*Red and White are the official school colors.

**I like when teams have 3rd-color matching helmets and pants (Packers, Raiders, Buccaneers when wearing Pewter pants). It helps build continuity between home and road. Not everyone should do this, mind you, but when some do, it's nice.

Pyc5qRH.gifRDXvxFE.gif

usu-scarf_8549002219_o.png.b2c64cedbb44307eaace2cf7f96dd6b1.png

AKA @LanRovr0 on Twitter

LED Sig Credits to packerfan21396

My alma mater, Kanab (Utah) HS, has changed their uniforms for this year. They also have a new logo:

165853_320702081357500_1314300883_n.jpg,

which isn't fantastic but isn't derivative of the Dallas Cowboys star, either. I think that they were going for an interlocking "KC" logo, though the horseshoe is flipped when facing left. It's a good start IMO but could use further refining.

With the the exception of the late 2000s, Kanab has used some form of Silver or Gray as an unofficial 3rd color*. This latest set had brought back Gray, though in matte form. Since online pictures have been tough to dig up (rural HS early in the season), this is the only picture I can find:

u32_KHS-Taylor-Glover.jpg

For the most part, I like them; I can't think of any Utah school that's gone with a matte helmet, nor have I thought of any Utah school (at least in 1-2 A) that's used this Dark Gray, either. I feel as though stripes are missing on the helmet and pants, and the sleeves are asymmetric (only the right sleeve is gray with the K-Horseshoe logo). The roads, from what I can tell via a video from a distance, are basically the same, except with Red and White swapping places.**

*Red and White are the official school colors.

**I like when teams have 3rd-color matching helmets and pants (Packers, Raiders, Buccaneers when wearing Pewter pants). It helps build continuity between home and road. Not everyone should do this, mind you, but when some do, it's nice.

Is it just me, or do the other team's helmets look like they have the same style as the Oregon wing helmets? It's hard to make out, so I'm not for sure.

sportscarfskczps1d52136.png

Archived