High School Football Uniforms 2012

LETSGOBLUEBEATMSU

My alma mater, Kanab (Utah) HS, has changed their uniforms for this year. They also have a new logo:

which isn't fantastic but isn't derivative of the Dallas Cowboys star, either. I think that they were going for an interlocking "KC" logo, though the horseshoe is flipped when facing left. It's a good start IMO but could use further refining.

With the the exception of the late 2000s, Kanab has used some form of Silver or Gray as an unofficial 3rd color*. This latest set had brought back Gray, though in matte form. Since online pictures have been tough to dig up (rural HS early in the season), this is the only picture I can find:

u32_KHS-Taylor-Glover.jpg

For the most part, I like them; I can't think of any Utah school that's gone with a matte helmet, nor have I thought of any Utah school (at least in 1-2 A) that's used this Dark Gray, either. I feel as though stripes are missing on the helmet and pants, and the sleeves are asymmetric (only the right sleeve is gray with the K-Horseshoe logo). The roads, from what I can tell via a video from a distance, are basically the same, except with Red and White swapping places.**

*Red and White are the official school colors.

**I like when teams have 3rd-color matching helmets and pants (Packers, Raiders, Buccaneers when wearing Pewter pants). It helps build continuity between home and road. Not everyone should do this, mind you, but when some do, it's nice.

Is it just me, or do the other team's helmets look like they have the same style as the Oregon wing helmets? It's hard to make out, so I'm not for sure.

Wow good catch, not sure if theyre wings or not, but there's definitely something there.

• Replies 164
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My current Perry High School's sets:

Home

Away

And the rest of their Federal League:

Massillon Tigers (Technically Independent from Federal League but same area):

Home

Away

Canton Mckinley Bulldogs:

Home

Away

Boardman Spartans:

Home

Away

Glen Oak Golden Eagles:

Home

Away

North Canton Hoover Vikings:

Home

Away

Jackson Polar Bears:

Home

Away

Lake Blue Streaks:

Home

Away

A really terrible League as far as uniforms go.

My alma mater, Kanab (Utah) HS, has changed their uniforms for this year. They also have a new logo:

165853_320702081357500_1314300883_n.jpg,

which isn't fantastic but isn't derivative of the Dallas Cowboys star, either. I think that they were going for an interlocking "KC" logo, though the horseshoe is flipped when facing left. It's a good start IMO but could use further refining.

With the the exception of the late 2000s, Kanab has used some form of Silver or Gray as an unofficial 3rd color*. This latest set had brought back Gray, though in matte form. Since online pictures have been tough to dig up (rural HS early in the season), this is the only picture I can find:

u32_KHS-Taylor-Glover.jpg

For the most part, I like them; I can't think of any Utah school that's gone with a matte helmet, nor have I thought of any Utah school (at least in 1-2 A) that's used this Dark Gray, either. I feel as though stripes are missing on the helmet and pants, and the sleeves are asymmetric (only the right sleeve is gray with the K-Horseshoe logo). The roads, from what I can tell via a video from a distance, are basically the same, except with Red and White swapping places.**

*Red and White are the official school colors.

**I like when teams have 3rd-color matching helmets and pants (Packers, Raiders, Buccaneers when wearing Pewter pants). It helps build continuity between home and road. Not everyone should do this, mind you, but when some do, it's nice.

Ah man! Not sure I like that look for Kanab. While it was indeed a ripoff, I still liked that "star + Royals 'KC'" logo they donned for years. As a former resident of San Juan territory, I always associated that with Kanab since youth.

Also, is that Desert Hills they're playing? If so and that is indeed an Oregon-esque helmet, it'd make perfect sense. As they are the Thunder, it kind of gives off a "Thor's helmet" sort of vibe.

Jazzretirednumbers.jpg

The opinions I express are mine, and mine only. If I am to express them, it is not to say you or anyone else is wrong, and certainly not to say that I am right.

Some changes I know of in my neck of the woods:

The American Leadership Academy (Spanish Fork, UT) has changed from this:

ALA1.jpg

To this, kind of Penn State if they wore navy pants:

ALA2.jpg

The jersey went unchanged, the changes consisted of dropping the white pants (with a navy-white-red-white-navy striping pattern, as is hard to see due to the picture quality) and stripping the helmet of the decals.

Orem High School (Orem, UT) has jumped onto the matte helmet trend, and have also adopted grey to their color scheme.

2011:

588878.jpg

New:

56832.jpg

I hate the new look personally, and I didn't like 2011's either considering they have deviated from one of my favorite uniforms in Utah HS Football:

(Worn from 2001-2009, I believe):

334103_DN.jpg

Jazzretirednumbers.jpg

The opinions I express are mine, and mine only. If I am to express them, it is not to say you or anyone else is wrong, and certainly not to say that I am right.

As seen in thier annual rivalry game, Alta (Sandy, UT) and Bingham (South Jordan, UT) have both undergone changes. Alta has simply added a recolored Miami-OH hawk to thier helmet, whereas Bingham has inversed the colors of thier helmet and decals (from white to royal base and royal to white stripes/decals) as well as recieved a new tech-fit uniform.

2011:

613106.jpg

New:

56967.jpg

Jazzretirednumbers.jpg

Raymie's Arizona Helmet Review:

Horizon

horizon12.jpg

It's a back to the future for Horizon. The Huskies have their old coach back after a decade, and with him comes the paw design similar to what Horizon used in the late 90s and early 2000s (those helmets have also hit the Project as of today; this one resembles the 2000 helmet with some gold trim). Looks very classy ? and no more Hawai'i logo ripoff!

Valley Christian

valleychristian12_1.jpgvalleychristian12_2.jpg

Quick! Guess the Valley Christian school colors! Blue, white and a healthy dose of silver were the mainstays of VC helmets from 1988 to 2000 (currently not on Project*). Then in 2001, the first black helmet came ? and this is the first year since 2001 that the design has varied significantly. Note the striped gray finish on the second helmet. Not bad for today, but I dunno if it's very traditional. That said, this is the logo they needed to have on their helmets all along.

Chaparral: black

chaparral12.jpg

In the 1970s and 1980s, Chaparral wore yellow helmets, with red-colored decals in various years. Then they debuted a red helmet in the 1990s (which has carried over to today ? though it has been matted up for 2012). Last year they had a silver helmet with a red C on it. Now this debuts. Not bad, though it is matte (the Helmet Project now represents matte helmets by omitting the white "glare" above the facemask). It's the fourth color Chaparral has used on its helmets in school history and the second year in a row that the Firebirds have two helmets.

*Valley Christian debuted a white helmet with blue mask in 1988. In the 90s, they moved toward a silver shell with blue stripe and mask. Then in 2000, they used (for a whopping one season) their first decal ? a thick royal blue V that encased a silver cross (something I have recreated but is not up yet).

There are many more helmets I could weigh in on ? but some of those are not up yet.

My alma mater, River Ridge High School in New Port Richey, FL, along with Fivay High School in Hudson, FL

River Ridge had their first winning season since 2001 when I was a sophomore in HS, thanks in part to new head coach Ryan Benjamin. Coach Benjamin is a graduate of River Ridge, USF, and a member of the 2002 World Champion Tampa Bay Buccaneers.

551820_324677047627722_65604929_n.jpg

206003_324677364294357_1365797811_n.jpg

394563_324678397627587_398835169_n.jpg

Fort Collins High School Lambkins(Colorado)

p-4.jpg

p-1-1.jpg

Cheyenne Central High School Indians with an interesting helmet.

p-3.jpg

p-2-1.jpg

"Mr. President, call in the National Guard! Send as many men as you can spare! Because we are killing the Patriots! They need emergency help!" - Shannon Sharpe

Excuse me as I mourn the loss of one of my favorite helmets in all of football. Springville (Springville, UT) has ditched their frontal-pitchfork helmet in favor of one resembling ASU:

2080282_DNmid.jpg

503860887b975.preview-620.jpg

Pretty bummed. That frontal-fork helmet was used for a long time and became pretty iconic as far as Utah football goes. It was certainly my favorite in the state. The rest of the new uniform looks good, though.

Jazzretirednumbers.jpg

Some changes I know of in my neck of the woods:

The American Leadership Academy (Spanish Fork, UT) has changed from this:

ALA1.jpg

To this, kind of Penn State if they wore navy pants:

ALA2.jpg

The jersey went unchanged, the changes consisted of dropping the white pants (with a navy-white-red-white-navy striping pattern, as is hard to see due to the picture quality) and stripping the helmet of the decals.

Orem High School (Orem, UT) has jumped onto the matte helmet trend, and have also adopted grey to their color scheme.

2011:

588878.jpg

New:

56832.jpg

I hate the new look personally, and I didn't like 2011's either considering they have deviated from one of my favorite uniforms in Utah HS Football:

(Worn from 2001-2009, I believe):

334103_DN.jpg

I love the gray with blue and yellow. This is the best uni I've seen on this thread yet.

#1 Grayson has the same as last year but have added shoulder numbers to all jerseys and not just starters:

3d83bf0d-86ae-e111-8395-002655e6c45a_original.jpgncf_nkemdiche2_sy_400.jpg

That's absolutely fabulous.

Our team may not be as good as Grayson, but our unifroms sure are better.

chhome1.png

chhome2.png

This is my favorite uniform of ours.

chaway1.png

chhome3.png

AM-JKLUm-gD6dFoY5MvQGgjXb2rzP7kMTHmGf8UsR6KOCYQnHU-0HSFi-zjXHepGDckUAHcduu3pVgvwxe06RKDW2y2Z2BmhEOe8OP-WSY1XqLT9KsQ0ZP75J9loQuNrvLW208pEWCg9jq8aNx-zFneH9aPQQA=w800-h112-no?authuser=0

spacer.png

Archived