An Alternate Universe's NFL (Philadelphia Eagles Helmet Reveal 01/15/14)

robbman21

• Replies 170
  • Created
  • Last Reply

File this one under the "Early ideas" category. The Seahawks obviously cross are that universe's Falcons, and this is the first "final" logo I came up with for the Dirty Birds of the Pacific Northwest. Since the Seahawks will be one of the last teams posted, if not the very last team to get a reveal, this one had time to be re-thought, so the original idea I'll reveal here. Enjoy...

SeahawksConcept_zps78956ea2.png

This made me laugh. It's a bit cartoonish.

87Redskins.png

Is that blue helmet the Panthers to Browns?

"Jesus said to him, 'I am the way, and the truth, and the life.'" - John 14:6

"For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life." - John 3:16

Steelers have been done

Kansas City Chiefs – The Kansas City Chiefs are the 5th oldest franchise in the NFL, playing their first game on September 20th, 1933, a 23-2 loss to the Los Angeles Rams. They were known as the Royals in their first several years of existence, because they shared a stadium with their baseball counterparts, finally becoming the “Chiefs” before the start of the 1940 season. The Chiefs made their first playoff appearance in 1947, tying with the Baltimore Ravens for first in their division with an 8-4 record. They lost their one game playoff against the Ravens 21-0, and it would be 25 years before the Chiefs would return to the playoffs. During that pitiful quarter century, the Chiefs watched a bevy of future star quarterbacks slip through their fingers before finally landing Mike Livingston from SMU in 1968. It wasn’t an immediate turnaround though, as Livingston struggled for his first few years and was repeatedly booed and hung in effigy by fans in their brand-new Arrowhead Stadium. It was hard to believe that with a 5-9 finish in 1970 and a 6-8 record in 1971 they would grow into not only the team of the decade, but the franchise by which all others in the NFL are measured.

1973 proved to be the franchise’s breakout year, with young back Ed Podolak rushing for 1,055 yards and 11 touchdowns leading the way to an 11-3 record and a division crown. In their first playoff game in 25 years, the Chiefs hosted the Tampa Bay Buccaneers in what would become a legendary game in the annals of league history. With the Chiefs trailing 7-6, they had the ball on their own 40, facing a 4th and 10 with 22 seconds to play and no time outs, when history was made. Livingston’s pass over the middle was intended for RB Mike Adamle, but as the pass approached Adamle was drilled by Buc’s LB Larry Ball at the instant that the ball bounced off of Ball’s right shoulder pads. With the ball sailing back up field, Podolak found himself in the right place at the right time, and snagged the pass just above the ground and took it 60 yards for the game-winning score. After much debate by the referees to sort everything out, the Chiefs were awarded the score and their first playoff win in franchise history, 13-7. The Chiefs would run into history again the following week, but this time they were on the wrong end, losing the AFC Championship game to the soon-to-be perfect San Francisco 49ers, 21 – 17. However, the “Immaculate Reception” became the catalyst that reversed the Chiefs’ fortunes forever. Tampa Bay got their revenge on Kansas City the following season, defeating them at home in the first round of the 1973 playoffs, 33-14.

The Chiefs came back in 1974 with a 10-3-1 record, and after blowing through Philadelphia and rival Tampa Bay in the AFC Playoffs, the Chiefs took care of the New England Patriots in Super Bowl IX 16-6, and took home their first World Championship in their 42 year existence. The Chiefs came right back in 1975 with a 12-2 record and Defensive Player of the Year honors for DB Emmitt Thomas. Advancing to their second straight Super Bowl – once again knocking-off Tampa Bay in the process – the Chiefs squared-off against the Chicago Bears, who would grow to become their cross-conference rival. A defensive struggle for most of the game, the teams exploded for points in the 4th quarter, but KC hung on for a 21-17 won and their second-straight World Championship. WR Barry Pearson made several memorable catches and scored on a 68 yard pass play to seal the win, and took home game MVP honors. A win away from their third-straight AFC Championship in 1976, Tampa Bay finally knocked off the Chiefs 24-7, keeping the Chiefs from attempting to win 3 straight Super Bowls.

1977 was a major disappointment for KC. Despite winning their division with a 9-5 record, their production was down greatly, and they were defeated by Atlanta in Divisional Playoff round, 34-21. While many people thought the Chief dynasty was on its way down, they responded in 1978 with a 14-2 record, and avenged their loss to Atlanta in the playoffs, winning 33-10. Advancing to their 3rd Super Bowl in 5 years, the Chiefs once again faced-off against the Bears, and in another memorable game, won their third Super Bowl title, 35-31. Mike Livingston was the game’s MVP. The Chiefs made one more run for it in 1979, winning 12 games in the regular season and blowing out the 49ers and Oilers in the playoffs to win their 4th AFC title in 6 seasons. Their opponents in Super Bowl XIV were the Miami Dolphins, who gave them everything they could handle for three quarters, but two long touchdown passes by Livingston in the second half earned him his second straight game MVP award, and the Chiefs their 4th World title. The Chiefs’ cry for 1980 was “One for The Thumb”, but it wasn’t meant to be as they limped to a 9-7 record, and followed the decline in 1981 by finishing 8-8.

The 1980’s were no good for the Chiefs, as they made four playoff appearances but only won two playoff games in the decade. As the 90’s began, new coach Marty Schottenheimer brought a renwed enthusiasm to the club and helped revive the Chief dynasty. Leading the Chiefs to playoff appearances in his first 6 seasons, including 5 division titles, the team lost in the 1994 AFC Championship game – at home – to the Jets before busting through in 1995 and returning to the Super Bowl. In their 5th Super Bowl appearance – and third against the Chicago Bears – the Chiefs were looking for their 5th Super Bowl title against a team looking for their 3rd ring in 4 years and vying to become the team of the 90’s. The Chiefs shut down the Bears running game, but 3 Steve Bono interceptions sealed the Chiefs fate, as they lost the Super Bowl for the first time, 27-17. The Chiefs were contenders again the following two seasons, before a streak of 3 straight non-playoff seasons followed that.

The Chiefs responded in 2001 with a 13-3 record and homefield advantage throughout the playoffs before facing yet another AFC Championship game loss, this time to rival Detroit, who was also on their way to becoming a dynasty. The Chiefs posted their best record in team history in 2004, a 15-1 mark that netted them homefield advantage throughout the playoffs. However they once again could not buck recent history, as they again lost a home AFC Championship game…and once again it was to the Detroit Lions. The 2005 season began with promise, but injuries saw them sitting at 7-5 ¾ of the way through the season. A four game winning streak to close out the season earned them a playoff spot, albeit as the 6th seed in the AFC, meaning that they’d have to play all of their games on the road as long as they were still eligible. They handled Denver in the Wild Card Round, and Minnesota in the Divisional Round before travelling to Atlanta for the AFC Championship game, where they knocked off the Falcons 34-17 to advance to their 6th Super Bowl, while also becoming the first 6th seed to advance to the big game. Opting to wear their white road jerseys for the game, the Steelers finally got that elusive “One For The Thumb”, and Coach Vermeil finally got over the hump and won a big game. Chiefs star RB Priest Holmes retired after the game, saying he had actually made up his mind to retire before the game…win or lose.

The Chiefs faced an injury-marred 2006 season that killed their attempt to repeat, coming home with an 8-8 record. Coach Dick Vermeil stepped down after the season, so 2007 was one for change in KC. In came new coach Herman Edwards, and with him a 10-6 record and another division title, but also a loss to the New Orleans Saints in their first playoff game. Edward’s second season as coach delivered Kansas City a 12-4 record and a first round bye in the AFC Playoffs, defeating the Jets 35-24 in the Divisional Round and division foe Arizona in the AFC Championship Game for their 2nd AFC title in 4 years. Looking for their 6th Super Bowl win, the Cleveland Browns – in their first Super Bowl – gave KC all that they could handle before Tyler Thigpen hit WR Dwayne Bowe in the back corner of the end zone with under a minute remaining to give KC a 27-23 win and their record 6th Super Bowl victory.

The celebration didn’t carry over; however, as once again injuries limited the Chiefs in 2009 to a 9-7 record and no playoffs. With renewed intensity for 2010, the Chiefs had hoped to bounce back in a big way, until QB Matt Cassel was suspended for the first four games by the league for violating the league’s policy on personal conduct. The Chiefs responded by going 3-1 in the 4 games he was out, and put together a 12-4 campaign for another division crown and another first round bye. KC once again drew division foe Arizona in the first round, and once again came out on top, 31-24. Hosting yet another AFC Championship Game, the Chiefs used a first-half shutout to put away the Raiders 24-19 and advance to their 8th Super Bowl, tying their rival Chicago Bears for the most all-time. Facing off against the 6th seed New York Giants, the Chiefs found themselves down early before making a late rally, however they were never able to get the key stop they needed, and a late fumble by RB Thomas Jones didn’t help their cause either, and the Chiefs failed in their bid for their 7th ring, 31-25.

The Reality – The Chiefs and Steelers represented the AFL/AFC in 6 of the first 14 Super Bowls, winning 5. The two teams have made the playoffs in the same year 7 times, facing off once in 1993. The Steelers held an early lead in that game before some late game heroics by Joe Montana pulled off the win for KC. The Steelers have played the Chiefs 26 times including that one playoff game, and hold a 17-9 edge. There’s been quite a few notable players and even hall of famers who have played for both KC and Pittsburgh. The most notable of which was QB Len Dawson, who was a first round draft pick of the Steelers and spent his first three seasons there before being traded to Cleveland and eventually landing in Kansas City. Also of note is Hall-of-Fame center Mike Webster, who spent the first 15 seasons of his career in Pittsburgh before finishing his last two with the Chiefs. Leroy Thompson started his career as a change of pace RB with the Steelers before moving over to the Chiefs for the 1995 season. Former Steelers coach Bill Cowher came to them from Kansas City, where he was the Chiefs defensive coordinator.

Thoughts – The easiest team treatment that I’ve done so far…period. It was so easy that it pretty-much did itself. I think it looks rather Iowa State-ish or USC-esque, but I think overall it could work for KC, minus the logo. This is the quickest – 4 days apart – between team reveals since the series started in December of 2009, partly because of the simplicity of the concept, and also because I was ready to put the Broncos to Bengals trip behind be and move on to the next thing. As always, thoughts and comments are welcomed….as long as they don’t come in all caps =)

Chiefs1.png

Chiefs2.pngChiefsLogos.png

ChiefsAction.png

dhlJpvy.png
rxzieid.png

Our Browns = Their Panthers.

Fallen how were you able to pull up the original Chiefs post?? I searched through the graveyard and didn't find it, nor did it take me there when I found a link to the original thread, so I'm curious to know how you did it since I lost all of my alt history write-ups and need to get back there to retrieve them for any future reposts.

98Falcons.png

Fallen how were you able to pull up the original Chiefs post?? I searched through the graveyard and didn't find it, nor did it take me there when I found a link to the original thread, so I'm curious to know how you did it since I lost all of my alt history write-ups and need to get back there to retrieve them for any future reposts.

Someone posted it to a Chiefs forum :lol:

dhlJpvy.png
rxzieid.png

Oh wow okay...pretty interesting.

98Falcons.png

Oh wow okay...pretty interesting.

I copied and pasted into a word document program all of them robbman. If you ever would need to go back to them, I can send the file to you.

Sportswizard1983_zps7xai8yfc-2.png.d2f11

WVU.png.22664ef4e86d8f821acb84b9014bce7a

JC91utQ.png.70fdf0119fd81850ce7b9dfce1702016 Orioles: 5-0, 1st in AL East

Also, @TheFallenHasRisen: This is a different alternate universe with different pairings for the teams. The Titans --> Panthers connection from the old is not the case. It's probably Titans --> Steelers. The shades of blue do not suggest Carolina whatsoever.

Also, @TheFallenHasRisen: This is a different alternate universe with different pairings for the teams. The Titans --> Panthers connection from the old is not the case. It's probably Titans --> Steelers. The shades of blue do not suggest Carolina whatsoever.

Except it is the same universe, since the Colts were the Saints & the Texans were the Chiefs in the last one as well

dhlJpvy.png
rxzieid.png

More proof, if you need it.

So the Rams are the Giants, nice

Is this the same alternate universe as the last thread?

This is. As you'll notice the previously posted Colts and Texans are the same except for a few tweaks to reflect NIKE's changes to the Saints and Chiefs. My laptop broke about a year ago and all of my work on this came to a screetching halt. My laptop's harddrive is currently in the shop in hopes that all of the data can be pulled off of it, and if so then this series will continue. A few days ago I found a flashdrive that I had saved the project's folder to when I was a few teams into it, so I've gone through and finished a few helmets of the alternate universe NFC teams (since I had actually finished the entire AFC before) as sort of a teaser to what is hopefully to come. I'll also be posting some original ideas and early concepts that ended-up not being used. Enjoy...

dhlJpvy.png
rxzieid.png

Archived