An Alternate Universe's NFL (Philadelphia Eagles Helmet Reveal 01/15/14)

robbman21

I'm not altogether sure about the Philly throwbacks but love the rest. Try a Kelly Green helmet with one of the newer logos.

I thought about that AFTER the fact. I think I could use kelly right up until the 2002 change because the Bills went to navy during that period, so the change to midnight would make sense. I'll make some changes and post those later for comparison.

98Falcons.png

• Replies 170
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I love the newest set, the Lions one is especially inspired.

As far as the 49ers go, I like the updated miner, but if you need something less prone to 'overmodernization', you could always try with a gold nugget, with '49ers' imprinted in it or something. Fitting it into the mold of the Dolphins and the 49ers both might be a tad tricky though.

My original idea was to have just an arm and the pick axe swinging through the logo similar to the arm and hammer logo, but when I found the old shoot-em-up 'niner I decided to go a different route and make the logos different miners.

98Falcons.png

As far as the 49ers go, I like the updated miner, but if you need something less prone to 'overmodernization', you could always try with a gold nugget, with '49ers' imprinted in it or something. Fitting it into the mold of the Dolphins and the 49ers both might be a tad tricky though.

My original idea was to have just an arm and the pick axe swinging through the logo similar to the arm and hammer logo, but when I found the old shoot-em-up 'niner I decided to go a different route and make the logos different miners.

Plus arm and pickax would be similar to the Charlotte 49ers

Re: dolphins/niners

Possible explanation for the 49ers was that there was a Redskinsesque type of controversy with the logo and because of political pressure concerning promoting gun use they were forced to change the logo. WHile not something direct concerning the dolphins in our timeline, it is a controversy for the league concerning the Redskins. So instead of the Redskins in our timeline, it is the 49ers concerning gun promotion. just something I was thinking about.

Re: Eagles reveal

I like what you got going on, my issue with the logo is the 'streak' seems a bit forced and just 'on there'. It works on the bills logo which is what the logo is modeled after, because the 'streak' flows with the direction of the charging buffalo. Here it seems tacked on. What I think would work if you had the position of the eagle going in a dive bombing position and have the 'streak' flow with the diving angle. sorta to emulate the forward charging buffalo with the diving eagle.

islandersscroll.gif

Spoilers!

Plus arm and pickax would be similar to the Charlotte 49ers

I agree with Bluesky though the miner helmet throws it off.

I think it would be more fitting if you just put a cowboy hat or something instead of the miner hat.

You are representing the 1849 Gold Rush Miners not a typical miner but to each their own.

Re: dolphins/niners

Possible explanation for the 49ers was that there was a Redskinsesque type of controversy with the logo and because of political pressure concerning promoting gun use they were forced to change the logo. WHile not something direct concerning the dolphins in our timeline, it is a controversy for the league concerning the Redskins. So instead of the Redskins in our timeline, it is the 49ers concerning gun promotion. just something I was thinking about.

Re: Eagles reveal

I like what you got going on, my issue with the logo is the 'streak' seems a bit forced and just 'on there'. It works on the bills logo which is what the logo is modeled after, because the 'streak' flows with the direction of the charging buffalo. Here it seems tacked on. What I think would work if you had the position of the eagle going in a dive bombing position and have the 'streak' flow with the diving angle. sorta to emulate the forward charging buffalo with the diving eagle.

I wouldn't call the 'Niners the Redskins of the alternate universe, I think more like the Washington Bullets/Wizards of the alt NFL. Nobody is really pushing a change down their throats in the alternate 1997, they just figured it was in good taste to do so.

And about the Eagles and the streak, I tried three different Eagle silhouettes and none of them really worked well, in fact I'd argue the only animal that it would ever work on would be that buffalo, so what you see is kind of a "best of the worst" situation. I did come to the conclusion while working on this that the 40 yr-old streaking buffalo is a terribly overrated mark. Just my opinion.

98Falcons.png

• 3 weeks later...

Thanks! It's still very much around, the latest team is one I've been working on for a very long time. Once I finally do post it and update the thread then everyone will see why it's been so long since anything new has been seen there, but I promise it is coming. Stay tuned!!

98Falcons.png

Archived