Premier League

raysox

This is my second time redesigning the EPL. I wanted to take more liberties than I did back in 2009. Feel free to drop me a line with your opinions. I'm tarting with the promoted teams, and working up.

28vrodj.png

West Ham United

Southampton

Reading

Queens Park Rangers

Aston Villa

Wigan Athletic

Stoke City

Sunderland

Norwich City

Swansea

West Bromwich Athletic

Fulham

Liverpool

Everton

Chelsea

Newcastle United

Tottenham Hotspur

Arsenal

Manchester United

Manchester City

It's weird, whenever I posted the West Ham concept, it would be on the first post. So I had to wait until someone posted(and when FSU's internet wasn't crappy)

1/20 West Ham United

I obviously went with claret and blue on the home, which I did a basic design with piping and mismatching sleeves. The clash is a darker blue from the primary blue, from shirt to sock. The 3rd alt is a white and black look of their other kits. I blacked out the crest in addition to just using blue for the piping.

WestHam.png

I like it. Aren't the socks on the home usually claret too? Doesn't look wrong aesthetically, just a minor quibble against the real thing. Only other comment would be that all 3 kits are on the same template and this is rarely (if ever) seen in soccer, but once again this doesnt detract from the actual design.

UBI FIDES IBI LUX ET ROBUR

I like it. Aren't the socks on the home usually claret too? Doesn't look wrong aesthetically, just a minor quibble against the real thing. Only other comment would be that all 3 kits are on the same template and this is rarely (if ever) seen in soccer, but once again this doesnt detract from the actual design.

Thanks man. I just really like what I came out with, but eventually I'll start playing with the template more.

As far as the socks, I've always used this site when it comes to kits and their history

http://www.historicalkits.co.uk/West_Ham_United/West_Ham_United.htm

Thanks man. I just really like what I came out with, but eventually I'll start playing with the template more.

As far as the socks, I've always used this site when it comes to kits and their history

http://www.historicalkits.co.uk/West_Ham_United/West_Ham_United.htm

Ah right, seems we were both kind of correct. They interchange between the two. Like I said, it didn't look wrong to me in a design sense. Maybe I just associate them with claret socks in my head.

Looking forward to following the progress of this series.

2/20 Southampton

One of those EPL teams that has red and white stripes, oh boy. I brought them back, as opposed to the thin white stripes now. The clash is a white version with a grey stripe pattern. The team's nickname is the Saints, so I chose yellow as a 3rd kit in the same pattern.

Southampton.png

I agree with the comment about all three being on the same template, it's so rare in soccer that it actually takes away from the idea of this being feasible. While I like how you did that with Yakball it would never fly in modern soccer.

Having said that your work is great, always is, and I can't wait to see the rest of the teams.

ManchesterCity_10Sig.png

Great concepts! But when it comes to consistency, you could probably have the Home and Clash be the same template, and then something different for the alt. That being said, I think Southampton's third could go without the stripes. Great start, though!

Calm down you guys, I've only posted two of them!

3/20 Reading

Using my puma template, I did some royal blue hoops on the shirt and socks. Pretty simple on the home. The clash is a red jersey with a blue sleeve, and white pants. The 3rd is pretty out there, I did black with some high lighter piping that pops off the black.

Reading.png

I like all three of these so far! I don't know much about European soccer, but I think it looks better when the kits match. How ever, Reading looks good too. My one critique would be that goalies normally wear highlighter colors, so I'm not sure if that is a good idea for the alternate.

Good stuff so far, raysox. Everything looks pretty spiffy so far. Only nitpick is with the names/numbers. It feels like the numbers on the backs aren't quite big enough, and making them any bigger could affect some of the designs, especially Southampton. Also, the vast majority of teams radially arch the names on the back rather than go straight across, so it almost feels like that's something you should also account for. On the Reading homes, too, the names is getting awfully close to the first of the blue hoops, and will be more legible if moved down just a touch.

I'd like to see that Southampton 3rd with blue shorts and trim replacing the red. Classic away look for them.

Other than that solid for the Saints.

Reading I just dont feel. Maybe its trying to force the hoops design onto that template, which doesnt entirely work IMO.

Thanks guys.

@Glenn actually, I thought the numbers were too big.

@marble Yeah, I've actually heard positive reviews for the cut stripes. But I mean everyone is entitled to their opinion!

QPR was a fun team to play with, just because after the blue stripes on the home, I really could do anything with them. I did a dark grey and black clash, and a red orange third. They?re all similar designs, with a few tweaks.

QPR.png

QPR is by far my favourite so far.

The name on the Reading home could be moved down slightly, and to be honest the kit as a whole doesnt stand out for me, but as a series there is some solid work here.

I do have to disagree with a few comments though. Templates in soccer arent actually that rare at all, however using them on ALL three kits is not usually seen. I like to use a similar template on my concepts but with a different element on each individual kit. Also, highlighter colours for keepers kits is only something thats really been seen in the last few seasons and mostly on Adidas and some Puma kits. Nike use some bright colours but not as bright as highlighter colours, and in fact Chelsea, in the last few seasons have had highlighter yellow, orange, green and blue on their away kits.

Im not trying to prove anyone wrong, Im just saying that what you're doing isnt straying that far from any 'norm' and to keep it up!

sigen.jpg

Archived