Winnipeg Falcons CHL franchise

Patchey13

Lol, so you take the Atlanta NFL teams name and toss in the Thrashers colors?

The Winnipeg Falcons were a senior men's amateur ice hockey team based in Winnipeg, Manitoba. In the 1919-1920 season, the Winnipeg Falcons won the Allan Cup. That team went on to represent Canada in the 1920 Olympic games held in Antwerp, Belgium. There the Falcons, soundly beating all their opponents, won for Canada the first ever Olympic Gold Medal in ice hockey.

The Winnipeg Falcons hockey team was founded in 1911 with a roster of entirely Icelandic players who were not able to play on the other Winnipeg teams due to ethnic prejudice.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Winnipeg_Falcons

The Winnipeg Falcons identity long predate the Atlanta Falcons.

I know that. I am connecting the fact that the colors are the same as the Thrashers and the name of the team is 'Falcons'

Why does that matter? Last time I checked the Atlanta Falcons don't have any history with Winnipeg, while the name "Falcons, and the Thrashers franchise does. To connect the two is really grasping for straws, and I'd appreciate it if you'd either ignore my thread, or contribute with some constructive feedback.

Thank you very much.

It's just a sketch for now since I've been busy, but how's this?

f247938c.png

It's a little more in line with the Thrashers old alt, and while it's not perfect yet, I think it is a big improvement.

Great update. The head needs to be extended though (no neck). This also gives the possibility of inserting a subtle "W" in the maple leaf. Overall, a great alternate

Archived