RNC convention logo vs. DNC convention logo

Dexter Morgan

Convention Logos  

60 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

The RNC logo is truly terrible. Extremely dated, and looks like a clip art postage stamp.

The DNC logo is a great concept, but the colors are terrible. Should've went with a darker blue and darker red. Also, nix the bizarre high five. But it's a far superior logo.

1923 1927 1928 1932 1936 1937 1938 1939 1941 1943 1947 1949 1950 1951 1952 1953 1956 1958 1961 1962 1977 1978 1996 1998 1999 2000 2009

DNC stands for "Democratic National Convention," not "Obama National Convention." It's a major fail to typecast the entire party with Obama's personal logo, especially when he's polarized the democrats.

By comparison, the RNC logo has the good taste to remember that it's not solely about Romney and could easily be co-branded into thousands of Congressional/Senatorial races as well as various state/local elections.

Obama's competition within the party (see: conservative democrats, Utah, Dakotas) will probably shy away from the DNC Logo since it's just a hack-job of the Obama primary mark.

UyDgMWP.jpg

5th in NAT. TITLES  |  2nd in CONF. TITLES  |  5th in HEISMAN |  7th in DRAFTS |  8th in ALL-AMER  |  7th in WINS  |  4th in BOWLS |  1st in SELLOUTS  |  1st GAMEDAY SIGN

The Democratic Party seems to be in a rut, brand-wise. Their new logo...

150px-US_Democratic_Party_Logosvg.png

...is just sort of there. That's kind of carried over to the DNC convention logo. It's just sort of there, and it's not entirely clear what it's supposed to represent without tacked on text. Most of us are politically minded and into graphic design to some extent, so of course we see the connection to the Obama logo (and even the new Democratic logo to some degree) but the whole brand just fails if applied to a larger audience.

The RNC is incredibly dated, but at least it's straightforward. Neither come close to being "good" though.

You really want to see how far we've come, check out the 1988 Democratic Convention. It's the American flag in salmon, cream, and robin's-egg blue.

jessejackson21.png

The United States of Scrabble.

I wouldn't have known that was an American flag if you didn't tell me. Wow...

I actually really like this illustration of the flag. That looks as if it would fit right within today's world.

The Democratic Party seems to be in a rut, brand-wise. Their new logo...

150px-US_Democratic_Party_Logosvg.png

...is just sort of there. That's kind of carried over to the DNC convention logo. It's just sort of there, and it's not entirely clear what it's supposed to represent without tacked on text. Most of us are politically minded and into graphic design to some extent, so of course we see the connection to the Obama logo (and even the new Democratic logo to some degree) but the whole brand just fails if applied to a larger audience.

The RNC is incredibly dated, but at least it's straightforward. Neither come close to being "good" though.

I agree. The RNC logo is too dated to be relevant, and while I like the way the DNC logo tries to tell you what it's for without telling you what it's for, it just doesn't quite do it for me.

I still don't have a website, but I have a dribbble now! http://dribbble.com/andyharry

[The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the position, strategy or opinions of adidas and/or its brands.]

Archived