My Take On What The MLB Should Look Like

uuh70

i feel the word mark should be white on the power blue uni, right now the blue on blue blends in to much even with the white outline

After changing it, you're right the white works 100x time better

RoyalsRoad2_zps2af8d0f2.jpg

And in case you cant see it the sleeve patch is this

0az2nlnnt5fz3qtzgmhzrvuhs.gif

Clippers.gif
UCLA.gif

St Louis Cardinals

I was torn on the direction for the Cardinals because I really love their 80's pullover look with the knit sleeves and use of light blue on the roads, however I want to create a league that is more diverse in terms of aesthetics, so while there are teams that will have pullovers (lol which means I know at least one person on here will appreciate that) I don't think the Cardinals are that team because many associate them as a "classic" team much like the Yankees with a near untouchable look.

So for the Cardinals I kept everything essentially the way it is currently and added the knit sleeve ends that were found on the 80's pullovers and gave them an navy alternate based on a bp jersey that was in use from '80-84 and '93-'95

ie : see sleeves

7229_433_82wmcge_1_l.jpg

bp jersey

5621_433_82wmcge_1.jpg

My St Louis Cardinals

CardinalsHome_zps6be2b9ae.jpgCardinalsRoad_zpsf7dcaaad.jpgCardinalsAlternate_zps18d70e13.jpg

Clippers.gif
UCLA.gif

Next up my favorite team...the Oakland Athletics

I feel as though they ruined a perfect identity package this year when they changed the green alternate. I don't like how they changed the script and especially don't like the white on yellow look. For my perfect world I brought back the green alternate worn up to last year and I gave them an additional alternate/throwback from the Rickey Henderson era.

10ToppsSP.jpg

il_fullxfull.407378077_6bkh.jpg

In addition the all green cap is now an alternate and the yellow bill cap is now the primary home and away cap

AsHome_zps211399c8.jpgAsRoad_zpse27781a2.jpgAsAlt1_zps5a745093.jpgAsAlt3_zps4b63f867.jpgAsAlt4_zps779cf412.jpg

Clippers.gif
UCLA.gif

These look great! Your best one yet. One minor thing that's bugging me is the yellow part on the socks. Scrap that. Also, the last one isn't nearly as good as the first four. Carry over the yellow brimmed hat, and switch to white pants.

It's _____________ and Toledo still sucks.

[insert time here]

These look great! Your best one yet. One minor thing that's bugging me is the yellow part on the socks. Scrap that. Also, the last one isn't nearly as good as the first four. Carry over the yellow brimmed hat, and switch to white pants.

Those are yellow socks under the stirrups. Like they've worn for a very long time.

As for the Cardinals, big downgrade on the huge sleeve stripes. The 80's may have been good for Cardinals baseball, but hideous for baseball aesthetic. Same with the powder blue Royals roads. They were never "iconic", just a fad. Plus having the script under the shield/crown on the sleeves is unnecessary and overkill. As is re-adding the R. It clutters it up. It was a good move when they removed it and simply enlarged the KC. As for the Rockies, if you're gonna do pinstripes, do only pinstripes. Don't put striping or piping on pinstripes.

Those are yellow socks under the stirrups. Like they've worn for a very long time.

Oh, now I see. I thought those were green socks with a yellow pattern on them. Nevermind.

It's _____________ and Toledo still sucks.

[insert time here]

Thank you all for the comments, I really appreciate you guys taking the time and critiquing my work. I will be working on those Royals fixes shortly

Next up the San Francisco Giants.

For the Giants I made a slight change to their stirrups by adding a white outline. The Giants will have 2 Alternates (an orange and black) however on the Black alternate I didn't know which version I liked better so I will post both and let you guys be the judge

GiantsHome_zps7d5c0ecf.jpgGiantsRoad_zps0567b5dc.jpgGiantsAlt_zpsed31f34f.jpg

GiantsAlt4_zps92f058dd.jpgGiantsAlt3_zpscae35dc8.jpg

Clippers.gif
UCLA.gif

You are creating quite a bit of jerseys to wear for each team now. I would reduce that. Choose 1 black jersey for the giants and 1 white jersey for the A's to keep it simple.

Colorado Born and Raised!!

2gm6.png
LasVegasBowl_zpsdb9fb995.png

C&C on what you have so far:

Houston: Very nice!

Tampa: Within the confines of minimize red and navy and looking past the graphical inconsistencies, not too bad.

Pirates: I've never liked vests, and I'm not crazy about the 90's road wordmark. Bumblebe era alts are cool, but the font on the balck alt wordmark is diferent and should match the one on the other jerseys. Look at the A and T in the wordmark to see what I mean.

Phillies: I can dig it.

Expos: love it, miss that team

Miami: Aside from the vest aspect and the Miami wordmark being a touch too big, it's spot on! They should have been the one to carry the aesthetic of the era of their founding, not their brothers the Rox.

Nats: Nice!

Rox: Vertical stretching of the word "Rockies" makes it look worse. Can we see the backs?

Seattle: Good! Can we see the backs?

KC: I can dig it, the only detractor is the vertical arched city name on the road powders. I like the script wordmark in their current roads. Can we see the backs?

Cards: not to wild about the sleeves. Can we see the backs?

A's: Good, though I've become a fan of the new green alt. Can we see the backs?

Giants -- Good: Stirups and home uni -- Bad: Orange bill caps, Black jerseys, Orange neck piping on the road jersey, City name orange alt should be worn on road and not at home. Can we see the backs?

I like the second black concept, it reminds me of the Barry bonds era black alts that had a black "SAN FRANCISCO" wordmark

At the time they weere kinda cool. In hindsight those were ugly!

Archived