Indiana Football Equipment Truck

TimEOBrien

Ok, so today a Hoosier football twitter account posted some images of the IUFB equipment truck and one of the images on there this year is something I created (using Frasier Davidson's Nike template).

My image:

iu_npcwh_h_1.jpg?pictureId=8344728

Their Truck:

651185454.jpg

651184421.jpg

Now I'm not sure how I feel about this. I'm kinda honored to have my image on such a high visibility item, but they never contacted me, they're using an image of mine that has the wrong font for both the wordmark and numerals (though, the wordmark looks better, IMO) and it's a Nike jersey not an Adidas.

And they cropped out the best part, the candy stripes!

The worst part is that you left the miami logo on the shoe. Everyone misses that and the glove lining color when the photoshop that image for some reason.

BTW, there is already an equipment truck thread.

The worst part is that you left the miami logo on the shoe. Everyone misses that and the glove lining color when the photoshop that image for some reason.

My concept is from my very early days when I was using Frasier Davidson's template.

BTW, there is already an equipment truck thread.

Did not know that.

i dont think there would be any issue with Fraser here since the template is open for use, so i believe any copyright infringement here would be against you, therefore this is your case. the problem is even though this is clearly your work within the template, its still Indiana's design on a free use template. so my best guess is Indiana got away with one here. even if it went into court this is probably not a battle you could win.

my recommendation is to spread this everywhere you can. the power you do have is to make it known to as many people as possible that you "did some work" for IU and they've ripped you off. my other recommendation is to send them an invoice. its not likely they'll pay it (they clearly dont give a :censored:) and you can't make them but if they wanted to be "nice" about it they may compensate you in some way. game tickets maybe

GRAPHIC ARTIST

BEHANCE  /  MEDIUM  /  DRIBBBLE

i dont think there would be any issue with Fraser here since the template is open for use, so i believe any copyright infringement here would be against you, therefore this is your case. the problem is even though this is clearly your work within the template, its still Indiana's design on a free use template. so my best guess is Indiana got away with one here. even if it went into court this is probably not a battle you could win.

my recommendation is to spread this everywhere you can. the power you do have is to make it known to as many people as possible that you "did some work" for IU and they've ripped you off. my other recommendation is to send them an invoice. its not likely they'll pay it (they clearly dont give a :censored:) and you can't make them but if they wanted to be "nice" about it they may compensate you in some way. game tickets maybe

Yeah, I don't want to sue my alma mater but I would like them to acknowledge my work and if that's just saying, "Hey, and alumnus did this," or game tickets rather than money, I could live with that.

I'd simply hit up the Twitter with a tweet, direct message, and see what happens. Be civil, and clearly unaggressive (as you've shown to be in this thread) and you may score some apparel, and tickets, or something of that magnitude. Make it about your pride for the university, and you may be rewarded with more than credit.

Ok, so today a Hoosier football twitter account posted some images of the IUFB equipment truck and one of the images on there this year is something I created (using Frasier Davidson's Nike template).

My image:

Their Truck:

651185454.jpg

651184421.jpg

Now I'm not sure how I feel about this. I'm kinda honored to have my image on such a high visibility item, but they never contacted me, they're using an image of mine that has the wrong font for both the wordmark and numerals (though, the wordmark looks better, IMO) and it's a Nike jersey not an Adidas.

I would be pissed, but what could you really do unless you had your images copyrighted? If you did, I would be calling 1-800-Attorney right about now.

spacer.png

My image:

Their Truck:

651185454.jpg

651184421.jpg

I would be pissed, but what could you really do unless you had your images copyrighted? If you did, I would be calling 1-800-Attorney right about now.

Copyrights are created upon creation.

My image:

Their Truck:

651185454.jpg

651184421.jpg

Copyrights are created upon creation.

Yeah, copyright law is pretty clear on that issue, and I knew that, but even if it weren't the bottom of my website has a © notice at the bottom.

Oh so you put the word HOOSIERS on a red colored jersey with a number and you think that this is somehow YOUR property and that they stole it? How about you get over yourself...

"I'm kinda honored to have my image on such a high visibility item, but they never contacted me"

How dare I be "kinda honored" but also be unsure if I should take action to protect myself from copyright infringement.

I'm such an ass...

If what I did was so easy, why didn't they just do it themselves?

No, seriously. Why didn't they? This is literally the question I've been asking myself all day and I can't think of a single good answer. You have 90 players who wear the uniform and 13 games in the current duds, why not just use a photo that's their property and not mine. It's just weird.

I'm kinda honored, kinda concerned and mostly confused. I think I've made that pretty clear.

Oh so you put the word HOOSIERS on a red colored jersey with a number and you think that this is somehow YOUR property and that they stole it? How about you get over yourself...

"I'm kinda honored to have my image on such a high visibility item, but they never contacted me"

How dare I be "kinda honored" but also be unsure if I should take action to protect myself from copyright infringement.

I'm such an ass...

If what I did was so easy, why didn't they just do it themselves?

No, seriously. Why didn't they? This is literally the question I've been asking myself all day and I can't think of a single good answer. You have 90 players who wear the uniform and 13 games in the current duds, why not just use a photo that's their property and not mine. It's just weird.

I'm kinda honored, kinda concerned and mostly confused. I think I've made that pretty clear.

Wow, I'm impressed you were able to respond without sounding like a pompous ass. Congrats.

signature1b.png

signature2qx.png

Archived