USA TODAY to get redesign sept 14th

BadSeed84

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

back1x-large.jpg

-Refers to the President as a "she"

-Queen Diana (as others have pointed out)

-Switzerland Terrorists - because you know, the Swiss are always neutral

UyDgMWP.jpg

5th in NAT. TITLES  |  2nd in CONF. TITLES  |  5th in HEISMAN |  7th in DRAFTS |  8th in ALL-AMER  |  7th in WINS  |  4th in BOWLS |  1st in SELLOUTS  |  1st GAMEDAY SIGN

back1x-large.jpg

-Refers to the President as a "she"

-Queen Diana (as others have pointed out)

-Switzerland Terrorists - because you know, the Swiss are always neutral

-Cubs win the World Series

-In a 5-game sweep?

- 3 billion readers everyday. They were so optimistic newspapers would be even more popular in the future.

I guess at least its not 6 dollars (Its only 1 dollar) interestingly I have never bought an issue of usa today.

Also the new logo and look is horrible.

I couldn't believe it when I saw it... it's almost like a parody of the simple design movement. It literally is just a circle!

But wait, there's more... from the front page:

Our new logo will be as dynamic as the news itself-- we'll use it as a platform to express our editorial spirit.

I flipped to the money section and the circle is green with a rising stock arrow inside it. On the sports page, the circle is red... and wearing a cowboy hat.

It appears that the circle is used as a space for pictograms/graphics that relate to the front-page story of each section:

usa-today-paper.jpg

sportslife.gif

Paperjp2-popup.jpg

I love it. Simple, bold, brash... the typography is excellent, the layout is a breath of fresh air. This really stands out and makes USA Today look like an upscale news operation, instead of just a quick hotel bathroom read.

xLmjWVv.png

POTD: 2/4/12 3/4/12

Wow. :mad:glare.gif Crap. No soul.

USA Today never had a soul to begin with. It's what you read at the airport when the New York Times is out of stock.

The versatility of the big dot is kind of cool, though.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

this is pretty good. i like the application of it acros each page.

the logo (circle) dosent need to "stand on its own" because it never will.

The logo was on its own on the front page of the paper the very first day?

And here's the new website: http://beta.usatoday.com

I think the idea that it will never stand on it's own is 100% false. It may not in the paper, but USA Today has a brand, and there will be plenty of times when you'll see it utilized on its own.

I'm with Eddie, I think. I'd have liked to see a primary version utilize the continents. But probably not as detailed... simplify the shapes. And I think I'd prefer to see it just be a lighter tone of blue rather than white.

Archived