Lycan38's CHL - Drakkar Added

Lycan38

The NHL wasn't giving me any inspiration for concepts. So, I am working on the CHL while I take a break from the NHL. These are the first teams up.

Barrie Colts
BARColts.png
Barrie currently features a lackluster look and logo. So, I set out to create a simple look for the Colts. The alternate logo now becomes the primary. The color scheme is simplified.

Kitchener Rangers
KITRangers.png
Nothing special here. I took their alternate and made small changes.

Sarnia Sting
SARSting.png
For Sarnia, I wanted to give them a classic look. Similar to what they had in the past. The striping and yoke on the primary look features a sublimated honeycomb pattern (may have overdone it lol). The third is based off an alternate from the teams past.

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Very nice job but i must say, the rangers shield and soldier logos should be swapped. With Barrie, you should try to add just a touch of yellow, there is already too many teams that use the red white and blue color scheme. but it is a great start! I look forward to the rest of this series!

Thanks for the feedback. I will do some updating to the Colts and Rangers when I have the chance. In the meantime.

Quebec Remparts

QUERemparts.png

The Remparts have a solid set currently. Yet, it can be improved. So, for them I wanted to create a set for that has a vintage feel. Most notably the vintage white is removed for a more conventional white. The design itself is in part inspired by the Quebec Nordiques' early look as apart of the WHA. The third is just a different colored version of the primary look.

Colts: Looks nice, but I think using the current primary logo on the front and adding some yellow will really help this concept. (the logo you have on the front can go on the shoulders)

Rangers: Awesome! I love everything about it!

Sting: Beautiful! The honeycomb pattern on the home and roads looks really cool (I don't think it's overdone at all, it's actually very subtle). I'm not 100% sold on the third though, I prefer their new third.

Remparts: Excellent!

Overall, awesome work! Can't wait to see more from you!

Barrie: bring back yellow or use silver, like in the primary logo somewhere to give Barrie a stronger look

Kitchener: Swap logos, and it's perfect

Sarnia: Like the yokes, but rest of jersey is bland and too simple for the team

Quebec: Love it!

Guelph: Love the way you brought back the 90's look.

Can't wait too see what you do for my Icedogs, Ice and Mooseheads.

That's my problem (along with everyone else) with all of them. By not completing the collar it makes it 1 billion times sillier looking.

As much as the Jeremy matches the logo, those are a downgrade from their current unique striping pattern, IMO. Incorporating that look a little more would make this a lot better.

Also, Barrie needs something more to make it pop, and I think yellow is that answer.

Looking forward to seeing Erie!

I'll respect any opinion that you can defend.

Thanks for the feedback. I am still playing around with Barrie, in the meantime. A new concept and an update.

Niagara IceDogs

NIAIceDogs_zpse399a0a1.png

For the primary look, I didn't look too far for inspiration. The design was inspired by the striping seen on the logo. For the third, I went to their past look. Took that design and made some minor adjustments for the third.

Kitchener Rangers (update)

KITRangers1_zps6453081d.png

Just a minor update, as the logos switch places.

Thanks for the feedback. I am still playing around with Barrie, in the meantime. A new concept and an update.

Niagara IceDogs

NIAIceDogs_zpse399a0a1.png

For the primary look, I didn't look too far for inspiration. The design was inspired by the striping seen on the logo. For the third, I went to their past look. Took that design and made some minor adjustments for the third.

Kitchener Rangers (update)

KITRangers1_zps6453081d.png

Just a minor update, as the logos switch places.

Those are gorgeous. Make a blue third with either the shield or the script (they ARE the Rangers, after all), and that's a perfect set. Beauty of a third on Niagara too

I'll respect any opinion that you can defend.

Thanks much, I am considering doing an third for my Rangers concept. Next up...

Peterborough Petes

PBHPetes_zps032f8794.png

The Petes have classic colors and look. Not so much the look in the Edge system. So, I've created the classic Petes look with a minor adjustment (the collar). For the third, I wanted to stay with the classic look. So, went with a single stripe on the hem and sleeves. Added a phantom yoke to give it a modern element.

Loving the series but I really think you should choose a new logo for Niagara.

I would've if they had anything good to work with lol.

New concepts

Sudbury Wolves

SUDWolves_zps9b8d4a11.png

Halifax Mooseheads

HALMooseheads_zps86212d87.png

No need to bore with descriptions on these concepts. Feedback always welcomed.

Archived