NHL Ice Archive (FrozenFaceoff.net)

billman29

• Replies 231
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think alot of the center ice designs today are way too complicated and ad-ridden

Better on the ice than on the uniforms.

This is personally my favourite for the Ducks, apparently only used in 2005-06, as up until then they mainly used two smaller logos on either side. I think it looks better with just the one big logo as opposed to smaller ones. Or a script.

ANA+-+Dirty.png

They used it from 03-04 to 05-06 for sure. They might have even used it in the 01-02 season, but definitely not the 02-03 season as they had the 10th anniversary logo that year.

I think alot of the center ice designs today are way too complicated and ad-ridden

Better on the ice than on the uniforms.

This is personally my favourite for the Ducks, apparently only used in 2005-06, as up until then they mainly used two smaller logos on either side. I think it looks better with just the one big logo as opposed to smaller ones. Or a script.

ANA+-+Dirty.png

They used it from 03-04 to 05-06 for sure. They might have even used it in the 01-02 season, but definitely not the 02-03 season as they had the 10th anniversary logo that year.

I legitimately had no idea they used that ice in 03-04 ..... I've let the owner of the site know and I'm sure he'll correct it later. Thanks for the proper information.

• 2 weeks later...

I always wanted to see the Devils do something like this...

I really do hate having only the one huge center ice logo... Early days at the Meadowlands, they had some good looking ice...

NHL-Ice2_zpsfeae1124.png

NHL-Ice2_zps54967582.png

Stay Tuned Sports Podcast
sB9ijEj.png

I wish they had kept the name "Palladium" and just appended the naming rights to it, like the Saddledome. "Place" is a weird name for an arena, best exemplified by when the Olympics necessitated "Canada Hockey Place," which sounds like it was translated from a Native American language.

Ryan Kesler's name would be "Chief Falls When Brushed."

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

I wish they had kept the name "Palladium" and just appended the naming rights to it, like the Saddledome. "Place" is a weird name for an arena, best exemplified by when the Olympics necessitated "Canada Hockey Place," which sounds like it was translated from a Native American language.

Ryan Kesler's name would be "Chief Falls When Brushed."

lol I find it amusing you made Kesler a "Chief" in your analogy.

This "let's put our primary logo inside the red line too" business has gotten out of hand. I'll give Toronto and Tampa a pass since their logos are pretty basic symbols. Even Los Angeles isn't cringe inducing since it's just a silhouette of the crown. But Ottawa, Nashville, Calgary, and Montreal really dropped the ball. It's especially redundant if the logo in the line is the same as the large one at center ice. I wish more teams deviated from the norm and used their secondary logo or a script at center ice. I think Vancouver (stick in rink), Washington (weagle), Dallas (Texas logo), Ottawa (=O=), and San Jose (fin logo) could all pull it off.

Is the Spectrum logo supposed to represent Phillies-Flyers-Eagles-76ers, even though two of the teams played next door?

Lou Scheinfeld, former President of the Spectrum, explained that the name "Spectrum" was selected to evoke the broad range of events to be held there. "The 'SP' for 'sports' and 'South Philadelphia,' 'E' for 'entertainment,' 'C' for 'circuses,' 'T' for 'theatricals,' 'R' for 'recreation,' and 'UM' as 'um, what a nice building!"

visspectrum.gif

Archived