NHL Ice Archive (FrozenFaceoff.net)

billman29

I've actually played in the Elitserien mode on NHL 2004 lately, but only Djugaerden has a legitimate home ice set up on that game (no surprise, given they play in Stockholm).

Now, I admit, I've been quite lazy about picking up any of the NHL games between 2005-2013 since then, and I believe I read that the Elitserien (along with, at least, the SM-Liiga and the DEL, although I haven't ventured into those leagues yet) are on those games. I'll be perfectly understanding if you don't, but do you have any of those ices from the Elitserien?

spacer.png

• Replies 231
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I feel like I've seen the Donbass Donetsk center ice logo somewhere before. I'm thinking Pensacola Ice Pilots. Let me check.

Edit: Unbelievable.

We're talking KHL here. Not a league with teams called the Krunk Wolverines.

I've actually played in the Elitserien mode on NHL 2004 lately, but only Djugaerden has a legitimate home ice set up on that game (no surprise, given they play in Stockholm).

Now, I admit, I've been quite lazy about picking up any of the NHL games between 2005-2013 since then, and I believe I read that the Elitserien (along with, at least, the SM-Liiga and the DEL, although I haven't ventured into those leagues yet) are on those games. I'll be perfectly understanding if you don't, but do you have any of those ices from the Elitserien?

I don't have any yet, but if you have any reference photos that might help us make them, please send them to frozenfaceoff57@gmail.com and we will do our best!

How have I not seen this thread until now? This is amazing!

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

What's the difference between the Canadiens' 2009 ices? I'm not seeing it.

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

What's the difference between the Canadiens' 2009 ices? I'm not seeing it.

I don't see it either, I'm assuming DCT added both as a mistake simply.

My bad, in the team page it is necessary to have it twice as they went back to it after the All-Star game, however I overlooked that when doing the anniversary page. There may be a few more that I missed. Im trying to check on that. Thanks for bringing this to my attention!

- DTC

• 2 weeks later...

These are amazing. I wish I could plug them into my NHL '13 game or something.

"Every morning in Africa, a gazelle wakes up. It knows it must run faster than the fastest lion or it will be eaten. Every morning in Africa, a lion wakes up. It knows it must outrun the slowest gazelle or it will starve. It doesn't matter whether you're a lion or a gazelle. When the sun comes up, you'd better be running." - Unknown | 🌐 Check out my articles on jerseys at Bacon Sports 🔗
spacer.png

ME TOO!!! I am actually working on an arena blog with arena and ice corrections that I am going to try to submit to EA Sports for NHL 14. I plan to get the attention of a mod on the EA Sports message boards as I know a couple of them are in correspondence with developers. Hoping they will pass it along.

I know they can't use the actual arena names for some arenas but I really wish they would get the correct fonts/positioning for the ones they can. (Columbus, Colorado, Minnesota, Montreal) Also hoping they can finally put some sort of text around Carolina's center ice and include their red line.

I wish they would fake the name on Carolina if they cant use PNC Arena.

Like these:

CAR+12+b.pngCAR+12.png

Also they could update NYR center ice to be closer to the real thing now.

NYR+12.png

• 2 weeks later...
Vote for your favorite NHL center ice design from the 2011/2012 season. Teams where chosen randomly for each match up in the first round. At the end of round one, the winners will advance, along with the one team with will get a free pass to even things up. That team will be the team that lost by the smallest margin.

You will have a chance to vote for each match-up for 24 hours.

Here is the lineup...

1) NSH vs NYR

2) SJS vs NYI

3) PIT vs MTL

4) PHI vs LAK

5) EDM vs FLR

6) DET vs CGY

7) PHX vs BOS

8) MIN vs COL

9) WPG vs ANA

10) CAR vs OTT

11) DAL vs CHI

12) CBJ vs TBL

13) WSH vs STL

14) BUF vs NJD

15) TOR vs VAN

FrozenFaceoff.net

ME TOO!!! I am actually working on an arena blog with arena and ice corrections that I am going to try to submit to EA Sports for NHL 14. I plan to get the attention of a mod on the EA Sports message boards as I know a couple of them are in correspondence with developers. Hoping they will pass it along.

I know they can't use the actual arena names for some arenas but I really wish they would get the correct fonts/positioning for the ones they can. (Columbus, Colorado, Minnesota, Montreal) Also hoping they can finally put some sort of text around Carolina's center ice and include their red line.

I wish they would fake the name on Carolina if they cant use PNC Arena.

Like these:

CAR+12+b.pngCAR+12.png

Also they could update NYR center ice to be closer to the real thing now.

NYR+12.png

As a non-console guy with some familiarity with past EA NHL games, it (lightly) distresses me that they still haven't been very creative with the 'New York Arena' stuff, not to mention the uniforms for the international teams.

eMXEIDC.png

toIYnW8.png

Why can't they call it Madison Square Garden? It was Madison Square Garden in every EA NBA or NHL game I ever owned.

I know that 2k Sports hasnt been able to use the name Madison Square Garden for years, if ever. As for EA, they sent out the paperwork just like they did for every other arena. All they have to do is sign it and return it saying its ok to use the name. However, the past two years they have gotten no response out of MSG.

Likewise, TD Garden never signs paperwork for EA Sports or 2kSports.

I was disappointed to see United Center stop signing the paperwork. As for Florida being called "Florida Stadium" in NHL 13 this year, Im sure that came about due to the then pending name change.

Its all very annoying but its free advertising for the arenas and unfortunately if they dont accept it, EA Sports has to fake the name and it cant be too similar to the original style for legal reasons.

A variety of new concepts and WHL ices are up on those respective sites

Islanders have installed their ice for 2013, reverting back to 2011 form

NYI+13.png

Frozenfaceoff.net continues It's tournament of ices with a Penguins - Canadiens matchup. Still time vote.

Archived