NHL Ice Archive (FrozenFaceoff.net)

billman29

• Replies 231
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If I may submit a correction:

Every Whalers ice has the "The Hartford Civic Center" text in the wrong font. The correct font is Optima, not Peignot.

Sodboy13 said:
As you watch more basketball, you will learn to appreciate the difference between "defense" and "couldn't find the rim with a pair of bloodhounds and a Garmin."

meet the new page, not the same as the old page.

• 3 weeks later...

Those people who complain that parts of the logo or wordmarks etc that get obscructed by the red line are retards. Yes, okay we get it, the red line might cover up a little part of the logo that might make a word look funny without being able to see the letter A or the nose of the jet might be covered up by the red line...BIG f*kn deal! Everyone knows what it is or what its supposed to say. To me its just like magazine covers these days where half of the magazine name is covered up by what is on the front. It's assumed that you know what the magazine is and all you need is a couple of letters poking out here and there to identify it with. It's much more obscured that what the red line does to the average logo. Get over it people.

I'm Danny fkn Heatley, I play for myself. That's what fkn all stars do.

Those people who complain that parts of the logo or wordmarks etc that get obscructed by the red line are retards. Yes, okay we get it, the red line might cover up a little part of the logo that might make a word look funny without being able to see the letter A or the nose of the jet might be covered up by the red line...BIG f*kn deal! Everyone knows what it is or what its supposed to say. To me its just like magazine covers these days where half of the magazine name is covered up by what is on the front. It's assumed that you know what the magazine is and all you need is a couple of letters poking out here and there to identify it with. It's much more obscured that what the red line does to the average logo. Get over it people.

Keep it classy!

Not to be a kill joy but North Star ice wouldn't have the trapezoid or modern creases.

I'm pretty sure were fully aware of that. The modern rink setup is just the template we use for all the mini-rink graphics right now. I'm sure in time will make changes to it (for historical accuracy)

Not to be a kill joy but North Star ice wouldn't have the trapezoid or modern creases.

Thanks.

The mini rink graphics were actually more of an afterthought when we started doing those. Some do not have the trapezoid but I have to go in and take those out and that takes a while. I am in the process of redesigning the mini-rink template and then I hope to go back and have some better graphics to put up!

Does anyone else think the Canucks should do what Montreal does and have the double logo at centre ice? The Orca logo doesn't fit well within a circle much like the CH doesn't, so I think it actually might look allright. I wonder if anyone could do a mockup?

I'm Danny fkn Heatley, I play for myself. That's what fkn all stars do.

Hard to say what the Canucks should do with a logo they shouldn't have.

The Blues should have a double logo at center ice rather than having the bulk of the logo on one side of the red line and little chopped-off bits of the flags on the other.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

Does anyone else think the Canucks should do what Montreal does and have the double logo at centre ice? The Orca logo doesn't fit well within a circle much like the CH doesn't, so I think it actually might look allright. I wonder if anyone could do a mockup?

In theory this is what it would look like:

VANEA98.png

(Created by EA Sports, 1997 for NHL '98, PC Version)

But this was made with the 1998 ASG in mind, EA didn't know the Canucks would go with a single Orca ice logo for the season without any ASG logos when it was first introduced.

Archived