Apple Sues Online Grocery Store Over Its Logo

altosax29b

You have got to be kidding me.

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

this is right on par with apple, sueing samsung, you know the company that supplies many of the parts that make an iphone, for designing a phone better than theirs and then claiming copyright infringment on the rectangular design (cmon all smartphones are rectangular, are they suppose to make circular, trapazoidal, or triangular phones?). when i see that store logo, it doesnt remind me of apple's logo at all, honestly it just looks like a green circle with a thing on top of it. seriously, is apple goign to sue everybody and everything that has an image of an apple in it?. what happen, steve jobs died and now apple is afraid it lost its creative edge for better, more advanced products and will fall behind in the markets again? this corporate bullying and monopolistic ways need to be stopped, but it wont because our government caters to lobbyist.

Mets, Jets, Islanders

Steve Jobs is facepalming somewhere.

I was going for "quietly applauding" myself. Monopolistic behavior is not exactly a "post-Jobs" trait for the company, much as people would like to pretend otherwise.

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

this is right on par with apple, sueing samsung, you know the company that supplies many of the parts that make an iphone, for designing a phone better than theirs and then claiming copyright infringment on the rectangular design (cmon all smartphones are rectangular, are they suppose to make circular, trapazoidal, or triangular phones?). when i see that store logo, it doesnt remind me of apple's logo at all, honestly it just looks like a green circle with a thing on top of it. seriously, is apple goign to sue everybody and everything that has an image of an apple in it?. what happen, steve jobs died and now apple is afraid it lost its creative edge for better, more advanced products and will fall behind in the markets again? this corporate bullying and monopolistic ways need to be stopped, but it wont because our government caters to lobbyist.

You might want to read up on that case a little more. The evidence was damning that Samsung not only copied the outward aesthetic of the iPhone but also much of the UX in the Operating System. Apple didn't sue everyone who ever made a smart phone, they sued the company that copied their smart phone.

Apple may have some questionable practices, but suing Samsung was not one.

Archived