Calgary robbed!

Onto Game 7.  Quick question, has there been an OT Series Winning Goal in a Game 7 Stanley Cup Finals? 

If you mean--has game 7 of the finals ever gone to OT, then yes it has--

So my Stampman Trivia question--is how many times--and who won?

I just editted this to make it clearer--so I'll add it's gone to OT twice...

and both were not in the last 10 years...

Comic Sans walks into a bar, and the bartender says, "Sorry, we don't serve your type here."

That doesn't settle anything...what's to say that puck isn't on it's way out of the goal? Or is it still on it's way in? The puck had to hit Khabi's pad before it changed directions, and Bulin's pad is well inside the goal in some parts.

In fact, I'm actually more upset now than I was before.

sticksstones4.png

The world's foremost practitioners of professional tag-team wrestling.

Well, here's the original angle from CBC, the puck is on it's way in in this view. They both appear to be taken at the same time.

Image0605_2306_TV3__2_.jpg

While it was that frame that made it appear over the line, the shadow of the puck appears to be on the line in both pictures. The puck is clearly in the air.

--Roger "Time?" Clemente.

champssig2.png
Follow me on Twitter if you care: @Animal_Clans.

My opinion may or may not be the same as yours. The choice is up to you.

I still don't think the puck is high enough in the air in the side view to show that much white underneath in the overhead view without being over the line. Oh well...too late to keep arguing...Flames are gonna win it tonight anyway. :flagcanada:

sticksstones4.png

The world's foremost practitioners of professional tag-team wrestling.

Well, here's the original angle from CBC, the puck is on it's way in in this view. They both appear to be taken at the same time.

Image0605_2306_TV3__2_.jpg

While it was that frame that made it appear over the line, the shadow of the puck appears to be on the line in both pictures. The puck is clearly in the air.

Yes, but anything that might change the direction of the puck is well behind the line... the puck is not stopped in this photograph, it is moving, and whether it's moving in or out of the net, anything that could stop it's motion toward the net or cause it's motion out of the net is well behind the line.

It may have been a goal, but there was no conclusive evidence, so there is no official case. No use in dwelling over, it especially after tonight when Jarome gets to skate around the ice for the first time with the Preshussssss.

WINnipegSigBanner.gif

Considering how difficult calling that is when you have replays from multiple angles, calling that in real time when it happened is nigh impossible. In real time replay, it appears to be a save, so I'm sure it must have looked that way from the officials' standpoint. The replays are very much inconclusive; there's no way they could have overturned any decision, whether the call was goal or no goal, by the replays.

Buy some t-shirts and stuff at KJ Shop!

KJ BrandedBehance portfolio

POTD 2013-08-22

On 7/14/2012 at 2:20 AM, tajmccall said:

When it comes to style, ya'll really should listen to Kev.

it was kicked in (in my opinion... and yea, it's a lil biased)

I figured that. (*cough* Jay Pandolfo *cough*)

Your right this is like Pandolfo last year when the NHL missed his goal against Ottawa in the playoffs. Minutes later they aried it on tv and the NHL had to admit their mistake. Of course the Devils held on to that game and won 1-0.

Ohhh, you mean Pando's goal in game 5. Well that was not kicked in, he was stopping. You need to get off that, there were 2 more goals scored in that game. The Ducks still would have lost. Plus the Ducks had a chance in game 7 to win the series and they didn't even show up.

Anyway, back to this year. I can't tell for sure.

it was kicked in (in my opinion... and yea, it's a lil biased)

I figured that. (*cough* Jay Pandolfo *cough*)

Your right this is like Pandolfo last year when the NHL missed his goal against Ottawa in the playoffs. Minutes later they aried it on tv and the NHL had to admit their mistake. Of course the Devils held on to that game and won 1-0.

Ohhh, you mean Pando's goal in game 5. Well that was not kicked in, he was stopping. You need to get off that, there were 2 more goals scored in that game. The Ducks still would have lost. Plus the Ducks had a chance in game 7 to win the series and they didn't even show up.

Gelinas' (non-)goal was also not kicked in. As you can see by the big wave of snow, he was coming to a screeching halt. My point of that statement was that JQK was being biased about Gelinas' "kicking" it in because Pandolfo's game-winning goal came the same way.

Also, with regards to Pandolfo's goal in game 5, the game was tied at that point. I feel that goal was penultimately the backbreaker that cost the Ducks the series. Had that been stopped, who's to say the Ducks wouldn't go on to win the game. (See, while most people say that the series was one fluke goal from being a Devils sweep, I see it as being another fluke goal away from being an about-face and Ducks in six. :D)

I will also note that Cullimore's tripping move in Game 6 led to St. Louis' goal in 2OT. Saprykin did the same thing, and instead got penalized and cost the Flames the first goal of Game 7.

champssig2.png
Follow me on Twitter if you care: @Animal_Clans.

My opinion may or may not be the same as yours. The choice is up to you.

this is so a flashback to the '99 phantom goal in the Pittsburg/Toronto series. personally, i think it will be the 1-0 loss that will come back to haunt the Flames if they loos tongiht (at 2-0 bolts, it could be very likely) than will this review. until they showed the reply, I didn't even think it was that close, and then the HNIC guys started to make a deal out of it... :hockeysmiley:

Well Flames fans will stew over it forver but the bottom line is this they had their chances in Game 5. They went 5-7 at home throughout the playoffs.

It is too close to call either way ABC did a computer animation based on it and it appear as if the puck was at an agle in the air and still touching the line, but who knows.

You could not tell it when in with the naked eye, and teh video is inconclusive so what are they supposed to do.

ecyclopedia.gif

www.sportsecyclopedia.com

For the best in sports history go to the Sports E-Cyclopedia at

http://www.sportsecyclopedia.com

champssigtank.png

much as any one can stew about the goal, the flames had an opportunity in ot to score in game 6, and had a game 7 to win.

i personally thought that calgary scored and it should have been a goal and calgary skates the cup in calgary.

as for the sabres/stars series, the sabres actually have a reason to complain as it was a cup clincher that they got screwed on. i believe if the goal is disallowed, the sabres go on to win game 6 and probably game 7 in dallas.

Magus.png

General Magus Zeal

Leader of the Mystics of Medina.

The forums most hated member ever.

Archived