Sports logo prototypes

jakemon08

Is there a reason they chose to keep the Kingdome name while still choosing the Seahawks as the team name?

Because Seattle is in King County. The official name of the stadium was the King County Multipurpose Domed Stadium.

Talk about a mouthful...

• Replies 291
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 3 weeks later...

For one, I really wish the management would come to their senses and just use the webbed 'D' logo. Not an unpopular opinion.

So on the same website of the people who drew up the Ducks identity, they had this picture. I'm interested in the ones near the southwest corner. Does that look green or teal to you guys?

Ducks_Before_Development.jpg?format=1500w

eMXEIDC.png

toIYnW8.png

For one, I really wish the management would come to their senses and just use the webbed 'D' logo. Not an unpopular opinion.

So on the same website of the people who drew up the Ducks identity, they had this picture. I'm interested in the ones near the southwest corner. Does that look green or teal to you guys?

Looks like a miller Lite logo to me red gold and blue.... :P

all kidding aside, looks like pale blue.

5994736127_c919880617.jpg

20899768053_5ff571c8fc.jpg21520909095_58cb3890d9.jpg

Found some interesting concepts on the http://fanbrandz.com for the Tampa Bay Rays.

Rays_Alternate_Marks_Development.jpg?format=1500w

That first prototype makes me hate the Rays' current clownsuits even more.

I don't know how you can call the Ray's current uniforms "clownsuits"... boring, too plain, etc., yes. But around here "clownsuit" is usually reserved for the over-piped, over graphic, basically overdone ugliness. (Actually, come to think of it, the kind of stuff you usually like.)

I hate the Rays' basic uniforms, too, but they are most definately not clownsuits. Hell, I almost wish they were.

You're over thinking it. That is just a photo of the old home and away jerseys. No special colors or anything out of the ordinary

You're over thinking it. That is just a photo of the old home and away jerseys. No special colors or anything out of the ordinary

Man, talk about a downgrade. I much prefer the Disney-fied uni's they had. And looking at the sheet of prototype uni's the one right next to the recolored original is my favorite. Updated duck mask (with meaner features and shortened beak) looks awesome.

The first one looks like a fast food restaurant's wordmark

The other problem with it is that the "s" looks like it was added on as an afterthought. It is completely disconnected from other letters. The capital R can be separate, but not one of the lower case letters.

Most Liked Content of the Day -- February 15, 2017, August 21, 2017, August 22, 2017     /////      Proud Winner of the CCSLC Post of the Day Award -- April 8, 2008

Originator of the Upside Down Sarcasm Smilie -- November 1, 2005  🙃

Found some interesting concepts on the http://fanbrandz.com for the Tampa Bay Rays.

That first prototype makes me hate the Rays' current clownsuits even more.

Clownsuit?

I think the Rays' current uniforms are one of the best setups that have been released or reworked in the last 10-15 years. It was designed to look timeless and I think it will accomplish that (of course, pending the remain the Tampa Bay Rays always).

• 3 months later...

Archived