Sports logo prototypes

jakemon08

Here is a better shot of that Blues prototype.

2ryt4b9.jpg

The Rockies wore the Scouts jerseys with the Rockies logo tacked onto the front. I'm not sure if it was photo ops only or if they actually wore it for the 1976/77 pre-season.

2djw3sn.jpg

And I know this pic has been posted before in regards to Ottawa but still...

29wail3.jpg

The Catch of the Day!

• Replies 291
  • Created
  • Last Reply

And I know this pic has been posted before in regards to Ottawa but still...

29wail3.jpg

I would love to see this one as a throwback maybe for honoring the 1992 team in a game vs say, montreal?

AND I do recall seeing a logo for the TB Lightning that had the wordmark of LIGHTNING which had the bolt lightning underneath that one.. anyone know if that one is in existance?

Ice Hockey International Winnipeg Braves (Bobby Hull Division 18-3-0 1st place as of March 14, 2011)

2010-11 O'Brien Trophy for Bobby Hull Division championship & Jack Riley Cup for top team in league regular season

Sock stripes and pinstripes don't mix.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

• 4 weeks later...

I was watching a clip from a 1992 episode of 60 Minutes about St. Petersburg's efforts to get a baseball team. Apparently future Devil Rays owner Vince Naimoli had Tampa Bay Giants logos and uniforms designed when it looked like the Giants were coming to town. See 5:07-5:17. There's a decent look at a wordmark and the proposed road jersey.

The interview with 1992 Bud Selig is a bonus.

It's very sad that historic teams with great legacys like the Giants and As were (and in one case still are) relegated to obscurity and uncertainty. Is it simply coincidence that they both are based in the bay area, or a commentary on the sports / economic climate there? It's just sports-tragic in the case of the As, who boast so many titles and HOFers and had such a history in Philadelphia.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

It's very sad that historic teams with great legacys like the Giants and As were (and in one case still are) relegated to obscurity and uncertainty. Is it simply coincidence that they both are based in the bay area, or a commentary on the sports / economic climate there? It's just sports-tragic in the case of the As, who boast so many titles and HOFers and had such a history in Philadelphia.

Well, I think it's a simple effect of relocation. I remember a few years ago how shocked my then-teenaged niece was when I explained that the Rams had a history before they moved to St. Louis.

Of course, it's also worth remembering that if we lived in an alternate universe where teams never relocated, all of our sports leagues would be even more heavily East Coast based (and we'd wonder about weird things, such as why the Yankees are in Baltimore or why MLB has teams in Buffalo and Providence). :)

Hi gang, I'm a new poster, but have been lurking the boards for some time. I came across this topic and recalled some pics I had come across a while back of the Broncos redesign back the mid-90's. Not sure if this has been posted on another thread before, but I didn't see it in this one, so here goes...

Finalizing.png

Archived