Teams that never had a bad look

kajeet

Texas Longhorns football. Now basketball is a different story.

I'll add Nebraska and Oklahoma to that list, too.

For that matter, you really could include USC, Alabama and Penn State into the mix.

UyDgMWP.jpg

5th in NAT. TITLES  |  2nd in CONF. TITLES  |  5th in HEISMAN |  7th in DRAFTS |  8th in ALL-AMER  |  7th in WINS  |  4th in BOWLS |  1st in SELLOUTS  |  1st GAMEDAY SIGN

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Colts, Bears, Packers, Rams, Dolphins, Browns, Broncos (yes i like the brown and yellow) Chiefs, Raiders, Cowboys, Redskins, Lions, Falcons, 49ers

im not in total love with all of those identities but they're solid enough that i wouldnt call them bad

GRAPHIC ARTIST

BEHANCE  /  MEDIUM  /  DRIBBBLE

For that matter, you really could include USC, Alabama and Penn State into the mix.

I wouldn't say never on Nebraska--I was never a fan of Nebraska's wide-stripe, side panel look, especially the away version:

2021440.jpg.31527.0_display_image.jpg

2018565_display_image.jpg

Visit my store on REDBUBBLE

I wouldn't say never on Nebraska--I was never a fan of Nebraska's wide-stripe, side panel look, especially the away version:

2021440.jpg.31527.0_display_image.jpg

2018565_display_image.jpg

I wasn't a fan of it, but it wasn't terrible and lasted a single season.

I was also assuming that the idea of "never" having a bad look was not inclusive of ProCombats or one-off games. Nebraska's upcoming pajama pants look against Wisconsin might make some heads roll, but it's not really a "look," as much as a one game promo.

UyDgMWP.jpg

5th in NAT. TITLES  |  2nd in CONF. TITLES  |  5th in HEISMAN |  7th in DRAFTS |  8th in ALL-AMER  |  7th in WINS  |  4th in BOWLS |  1st in SELLOUTS  |  1st GAMEDAY SIGN

In my opinion, there are several teams that have never had a 'bad' look. In the context of this thread, I'm equating 'bad' with 'ugly', and can only speak for uniforms created during the late 1950's through the present.

MLB

Chicago Cubs

New York Yankees

St. Louis Cardinals

New York Mets*

Los Angeles Dodgers

San Fransisco Giants

Kansas City Royals*

Texas Rangers

NFL

Houston Oilers

New York Jets

Chicago Bears

Green Bay Packers

San Fransisco 49ers*

Miami Dolphins

Kansas City Chiefs

Oakland Raiders

Indianapolis Colts

Carolina Panthers

Tampa Bay Buccaneers

NBA

Boston Celtics

Chicago Bulls

San Antonio Spurs

Los Angeles Lakers

Oklahoma City Thunder

Denver Nuggets

NHL

Chicago Blackhawks

Detroit Red Wings

Montreal Canadiens

*denotes inclusion of BFBS-era uniforms

Sigs are for sissies.

No one has mentioned Oakland, almost all of their uniforms are beautiful, including te 70's and 80's.

The Mets too, even their BFBS uniforms were nice.

I feel like most of you in this thread are simply picking the teams that have never changed, penn state, the Yankees, the Canadians, Celtics.

Longevity isn't the basis for a great identity. It's simply the hallmark of stubbornness. Granted the designs I mentioned above are classic and I like them, but some people seem to confuse longevity with beauty.

5cd0422806939bbe71c4668bc7e4fd92.gif

No, and never means NEVER.

Houston Oilers (R.I.P.), Texas, Michigan, KC Chiefs.

LehQRaC.png

White Sox.

Their only 'bad' uniforms are so epically bad, they're amazing. They wore shorts during multiple professional baseball games. I know people will disagree with me, but from my perspective, they're bad uniforms are like cult classic movies, they're awful but that's why their great.

Its easy to pick a team with a nice uniform who never changes it (Celtics, Raiders, Dodgers...), but what about a list of teams who never had a bad look, with a minimum of 4 or 5 changes? That's the trick.

Someone already mentioned this team, but based on this picture I have to agree.

Oakland+Athletics+1200.jpg

spacer.png

Its easy to pick a team with a nice uniform who never changes it (Celtics, Raiders, Dodgers...), but what about a list of teams who never had a bad look, with a minimum of 4 or 5 changes? That's the trick.

Someone already mentioned this team, but based on this picture I have to agree.

Oakland+Athletics+1200.jpg

eeeh...

Boston+Red+Sox+v+Oakland+Athletics+HEIwgTOkaLpl.jpg

The Steelers have always looked awful. The lopsided helmets. Mismatching stripes. If not for winning a few games in the 1970s, those atrocious uniforms would be long gone.

Sour grapes much? Those teams are, arguably, the greatest dynasty in NFL history, at least post merger fur sur.

No sour grapes. I'm simply stating that had they not won those Super Bowls, the present-day Steelers wouldn't look so sloppy and outdated.

6uXNWAo.png

Archived