NBA Finalzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

NJTank

I will love to see the Pistons win but that wont happen because David Stern wants the Lakers to win the Pistons will be getting evrry call against them for the rest of the series soon if they breathe on KObe they will get a foul against them there are never upsets in the borintg NBA Finals.

Argh! :mad: I'm sick of people using the argument that David Stern wants the Lakers to win and all this garbage about fixing things. Why not say all the other commissioners want their respective dynasties to win? A dynasty, like it or not, is a dynasty for a reason - they win. David Stern doesn't have to fix a series for a talented team like the Lakers. They've got plenty of ammo to win it on their own.

Again, if it weren't for Derek Fisher making that ridiculous jump shot, this argument would be shot down immediatelt. One lucky shot and all of a sudden it's back to David Stern fixing things. It's just ridiculous. If he really wanted to fix the NBA Finals, we would've seen the Lakers as the first seed, a sweep through the first 3 rounds and meeting up against the Boston Celtics to get crushed by 40 points per game. There may not be an upset - although the Pistons pose the greatest threat of an upset since... well, since the Knicks met up with the Rockets in 1994 (I would've said Utah... but when you meet up with MJ, there's no chance).

But ah well... can't try and please everybody. Go Pistons!

"The true New Yorker secretly believes that anyone living anywhere else has got to be, in some sense, kidding."

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I beg pardon? Letting the Lakers win is the worst marketing decision they could make. The biggest gripe right now with the NBA is that the West is so much better than the East -- so how does biasing the game so that the West wins help?

Los Angeles fans are generally bandwagoners. Sylvester Stallone can't be found out a game all year until the finals -- and that's the case with oh so many of the celebrities.

Secondly -- this whole little "I've watched the Pistons play this postseason and their low scoring totals can't possibly beat the Lakers" argument doesn't hold up. Pistons games are low scoring because the pace of the games are slow. That's what happens with defensive teams, they slow the game down and force you into your halfcourt defense. Sure, Kobe alone could score 68 points in a game if the media then wouldn't go off and talk about how he needs to pass more, but the Pistons defense forced the Lakers to put up Eastern Conference type scores. And yes, the Pistons average far fewer points per game than the Lakers -- but that doesn't mean that they can't score. Rip Hamilton is the best conditioned athlete in the league and he is a spitting image of Reggie Miller, just with a range of about 19 or 20 feet as opposed to 24 or 25 feet. He uses the screens better than any player in the league right now. Rasheed Wallace is a better player than Karl Malone. Chauncey Billups is a better player than Gary Payton -- oh hell, Derek Fisher is playing better than Gary Payton. And Ben Wallace looks like he's beginning to get some sort of offensive game (nothin too terribly special, but any points help).

Pistons in 5 or 6.

IUe6Hvh.png

i have little interest in the nba finals.

hopefully detroit will knock off the lakers. time for someone other than the spurs, lakers or bulls to win the championship.

Magus.png

General Magus Zeal

Leader of the Mystics of Medina.

The forums most hated member ever.

Wow... i must hand it to tank and everyone else who predicted this to be a boring NBA Finals. That game tieing shot by Kobe? Boooooring. A series that actually goes back and forth on the scoreboard during the game? yawn. :rolleyes:

This series has been great to watch so far.

IUe6Hvh.png

Well, Larry Brown let Kobe shoot because Kobe may be the best player in the league at taking the foul and making a shot out of it. Larry Brown probably figured he'd rather let Kobe take one shot from long range rather than 3 shots from the line to tie it. Plus, if they do foul him and kobe gets a shot off... if it goes in... then you instantly lose the game instead of having a chance in OT.

And they didn't "drop kick" Shaq because that would be a flagarant, technical, ejection, or whatever on Ben Wallace, the closest guy and he would've been gone for a while. Ben Wallace didn't foul Shaq because he probably wasn't told to.

IUe6Hvh.png

If someone ever literally drop kicked someone, I would lose it with laughter.

--Roger "Time?" Clemente.

20030701_i0n6o0k2i_155752.gif

This is the closest I've ever seen to a drop kick in basketball... looks like something out of a kung fu movie... even has the Matrix-esque bullet time!

WINnipegSigBanner.gif

And they didn't "drop kick" Shaq because that would be a flagarant, technical, ejection, or whatever on Ben Wallace, the closest guy and he would've been gone for a while.  Ben Wallace didn't foul Shaq because he probably wasn't told to.

Really? Obviously, I wasn't suggesting they drop kick Shaq (I only wish that upon Karl Malone), but they should have fouled him. Ben Wallace didn't foul him because he wasn't told to -- THAT'S MY POINT! Why wasn't he told to?

I love Larry, but he dropped the ball.

If someone ever literally drop kicked someone, I would lose it with laughter.

This is the closest I've ever seen to a drop kick in basketball... looks like something out of a kung fu movie... even has the Matrix-esque bullet time!

Sorry, but to me, it has to be two feet, like a wrestler.

champssig2.png
Follow me on Twitter if you care: @Animal_Clans.

My opinion may or may not be the same as yours. The choice is up to you.

I understand you were joking... and I agree with RC, I would've been laughing so hard I would've missed the remainder of the game.

The Pistons weren't told to foul Shaq because well... there was NO WAY Shaq should've been allowed to touch the ball. Letting Shaq handle the ball was a gift from the Lakers and the Pistons didn't take it.

IUe6Hvh.png

lol... that's a good picture.

The Pistons have shown NO reason why they can't win this series in 5 games. They've outplayed the Lakers 97% of the time in this series, and they should be up 3-0 right now.

IUe6Hvh.png

the most telling moment in this series was when darko got in the game and grabbed a rebound....i don't give a damn what anyone says, that was a hella exciting game.

pistons in 6 (hopefully 5).

this series has turned my wife into a pistons fan.....or maybe i showed her the way to the light.

Archived