NBA Finalzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

NJTank

The way the lakers are playing right now has really surprised me. You got Shaq, Kobe, Payton, the Mailman and the reast of the Lakers taking on Ben Wallace and a team that should be easy to beat. I hope the Lakers take it up a knotch before it's too late. 2 soon-to-be-hall-of-famers need their first ring.

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ben Wallace is the only player Detroit has got? How about Chauncey Billups, Rip Hamilton, Rasheed Wallace, and Tayshaun Prince? They look like pretty good players to me.

I would go as far as to say that Kobe Bryant and Shaquille O'Neal are the only players the lakers have. Gary Payton has yet to show ANYTHING, and Karl Malone is playing when he really shouldn't be. Except for an occasional good game from Luke Walton and Kareem Rush, they have nobody other than the aforemention superstars.

I'm sorry you don't think the Pistons don't have any good players but players don't become big names by playing defense. There are few exceptions, Ben Wallace being one of them. But Rip Hamilton is the best conditioned player in the league -- he's been making the Lakers look silly when he runs through screens the way he does. Chauncey has had his way with the Lakers -- and 'Sheed is a better player than Malone, and he's showing just that. Tayshaun Prince vs. Devean George is a toss up -- but for my money, Tayshaun's better.

But the Pistons certainly don't deserve a 2-1 series lead.

... should be 3-0. :D

IUe6Hvh.png

The Lakers may have 4 Hall of Famers.

But Malone is hurting and Gary Payton is lost in his ego. Payton came wanting a ring, but his play and attitude have really been a burden he is upset with the offense and loosk like he has lost intrest in playing.

Oh well I hope I am wrong and the Pistons do win.

ecyclopedia.gif

www.sportsecyclopedia.com

For the best in sports history go to the Sports E-Cyclopedia at

http://www.sportsecyclopedia.com

champssigtank.png

I wouldn't have minded seeing the Lakers win this year if Karl Malone hadn't turned into a complete jackhole once he got to La-La Land. Personally, I hope they lose just so everyone on ESPN will shut up about them for a while. You never hear about how the Pistons are winning. It's usually approached from the angle of, "oh my gosh, the Lakers are down 2-1! What ever will they do? How are Kobe and Shaq going to respond? Oh my!" Honestly now. I don't like Detroit or LA, but I'd much rather see Rip and Ben and Chauncy take the Lakers down.

I wouldn't have minded seeing the Lakers win this year if Karl Malone hadn't turned into a complete jackhole once he got to La-La Land. Personally, I hope they lose just so everyone on ESPN will shut up about them for a while. You never hear about how the Pistons are winning. It's usually approached from the angle of, "oh my gosh, the Lakers are down 2-1! What ever will they do? How are Kobe and Shaq going to respond? Oh my!" Honestly now. I don't like Detroit or LA, but I'd much rather see Rip and Ben and Chauncy take the Lakers down.

Exactly, Nitro. And did you ever notice on ESPN how it's never -- "The Pistons are playing great" -- it's always -- "The Lakers are just playing bad, uninterested basketball".

They rarely ever give the Pistons credit for being a great team who can beat the Lakers. They just say the Lakers are playing so much farther below their level.

IUe6Hvh.png

thats exactly how I fealt in the Twolves series.. its disgusting.

twitter_zps93c9c8f9.png @josh_j12 smbelt_zps438edf04.png

CFA- Fargo Bobcats

5 years ago, this would have been one of the best teams in basketball history. They would've had 3 of 4 HOFers in the near-prime of their careers, with one blossoming, un-rape-trial-burdened superstar. Now they have one superstar at the peak of his game, and 3 future HOFers in differing degrees of injury and agedness.

The Pistons are a team, not a grouping of superstars. They are a bunch of role players that compliment each other extremely well, and deserve to not only be in the Finals, but to be winning the Finals.

However I will never count out a Phil Jackson-coached squad. Say what you will about his methods and the way he's been blessed to have superstars everywhere he goes... the man knows how to win and how to get his players to play to win. This may be his toughest test yet though, we shall see how it develops.

WINnipegSigBanner.gif

Pistons in 5. I'm going to agree with Stephen A. Smith when he said before the game "If the Lakers don't win tonight, this series doesn't go back to LA". They didn't -- and it won't.

IUe6Hvh.png

I said 5 or 6. So I gave myself a buffer zone.

And my original prediction at the very start of the Eastern Conference Finals was "whoever wins the East wins the NBA Championship". So my predictions are correct either way.

IUe6Hvh.png

Its gonna be great for Basketball if the Pistons do win. What the NBA champiosnhips need more than anything is an eastern conference win. Doesn't matter this year how ugly it is, just that it happens. That will make sure no-one starts seeing next years championship as a foregone conclusion. Maybe all the talent won't head out west then!! And it will also show that buying in the best players doesn't guarantee victory.

Mind you if the Lakers got it right they could still win this!

Wembley-1.png

2011/12 WFL Champions

Boring Playoffs.

Boring Games.

Boring Finals.

Lakers in 4, and the NBA loses whatever appeal it had to me.

I was wrong.

I'm glad i was too.

Stay Tuned Sports Podcast
sB9ijEj.png

Boring Playoffs.

Boring Games.

Boring Finals.

Lakers in 4, and the NBA loses whatever appeal it had to me.

I was wrong.

I'm glad i was too.

i'm glad you were too.

pistons in 6 (my original prediction) hopefully 5, so they can win in front of the home fans.

god damn, i wish i was home right now....it's gotta be a madhouse in the D!

i'm not worried about darko....he's gonna learn from ben and rasheed....he'll be fine.

plus, the pistons still have carlos delfino (the other first rounder from last year) who just won the european championship.....he's gonna be pretty damn good.

i think the pistons have a chance to become the next NBA dynasty, if they can keep their core players and develop darko and delfino.

i choose not to argue with joe dumars' decisions....i think he's a damned genius.

if the Pistons had drafted Carmelo instead of Darko it would be amazing because... well, Carmelo would be a bench warmer. Larry Brown has his own policy that he doesn't play rookies! He's always been that way.

And how can anyone ever say this isn't an exciting series? Hell, just the drama between Shaq and Kobe is amazing. Bill Plaschke (butchered the spelling) proved his idiocy by writing an article today about how Kobe cost the Lakers the game because he took 4 more shots than Shaq, who was doing good. How retarded. Kobe's the only reason they've even been somewhat competetive in this series and he's the only reason it wasn't a sweep. Have Shaq drain a game tieing 3 pointer with a man in his face and 2 seconds left on the clock and then maybe then will I listen to that moron say Kobe costed them this series.

IUe6Hvh.png

Archived