Phillies Concept Stadium

South of South Street

Thank You. The white building to the right is a Mitchell and Ness Pro Shop.

Very well done, I like citizens bank inside the park but I totally agree a location like you've chosen would've been a way better place to put the new field.

Entry way is great, and love the old script. Perfect world probably would prefer a different sponsor for the stadium but that doesnt take away from your design. What is the white structure to the right of the video board? Chickie's & Pete's?

Needs more liberty bell :D

Thanks for the nice comments.

There are a few parking lots across the street and a few larger one just under 95. One would easily be built up as a garage.

As for the warehouse. Its a warehouse, they all look the same on some level. At Camden Yards the warehouse is the focal point of the outfield and does not touch the stadium. Here it is not visible from the field and is the backer of the stadium..

I know the Phillies wanted to move to Center City (which in my opinion is the one nice section of Philadelphia) as this stadium is proposing but couldn't the money from the city who wanted to keep them in the south side of the city.

You might need a little more parking in the area, even though the infrastructure is there, but the stadium itself looks very nice. The design fits very well into the surrounding area and would go with the riverside theme.

It looks you basically copied B&O warehouse to use as the facade along the third base line, but I see what your going for and like I said I think it would work very well as a design. The typeface gives it a very unique look as well. The use of the P is very nice. Its the main thing that draws your eye in, but at the same time it's not overdone. I could imagine it with the current Phillies P and typeface, but I don't think it would work as well.

My favorite part is the arch at main entrance. I've never seen something like that with a major league stadium and would love to see a team try it.

Cool park. I used to live in Delaware and went to a couple games at the Bank. I like the design, I do agree it's a bit enclosed feeling in left field. Looks like that was the idea with the modern feel, yet I still get a old school feeling with it as well.

Now back in my home state of California I'd love to see what your A's stadium in San Jose or Coliseum City (http://www.oaklandmofo.com/blog/oakland-coliseum-renamed-to-overstock-com-coliseum/)

As a fellow resident of "South of South" and a born-and-bred Fishtowner, I enjoyed this design. I would have loved this location. You can tweek the interior of the park to make it not look sooooo.....modern cookie-cutter: ie. green seats like Camden Yards, Exposed iron like every other stadium, open outfield like Great American Park, PNC, PETCO Park.

If you redo...I would like to see you change the seats to the current CBPark blue...and make the exposed vertical iron girders encased in brick.

Congratulations on the exterior. It is a Modern look to the brick facades that Philadelphians LOVE!

I know the Phillies wanted to move to Center City (which in my opinion is the one nice section of Philadelphia)

"Center City" is a very vague term when used by outsiders. Technically, it's the area between the rivers on the east and west, and from Market to South on the north and south. However, there are many "sections" of Center City which are all a little different.

There are many neighborhoods outside of Center City that are nice and desireable to live in. Your assessment is probably based on the fact that most of the upscale retail and the CBD is within what is considered Center City, but it's simply wrong. There are plenty of nice neighborhoods with their own "downtowns" that aren't near Center City - you've probably never been to them.

Also, the Phillies to my knowledge never proposed a spot in Center City, because there simply isn't anywhere to go. There was an evil plot to destroy a lot of Chinatown (north of the Market East section of Center City, which is the convention district and the scummiest part of "down town" IMO) but that was foiled because of the political corruption involved.

Living in Center City (Fitler Square to be exact) I would have loved a stadium there (though you wouldn't be able to drive to it... which would encourage people to take the trains from the 'burbs (which would be a big win IMO) however the sporting culture of the area is built around the tailgate / block party atmosphere in the Sports Complex. It also keeps all those cars out of the densely populated and traveled areas, which is a good thing.

I can't see this stadium design at work (images are blocked) but I can't imagine it'd be feasible from an infrastructure standpoint. You would be unable to have day games, and anyone driving from the west would be hard pressed to get there by gametime.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

I can't see this stadium design at work (images are blocked) but I can't imagine it'd be feasible from an infrastructure standpoint. You would be unable to have day games, and anyone driving from the west would be hard pressed to get there by gametime.

Uh, why couldn't you have day games? Wrigley has them and it's in the middle of a very busy neighborhood.

And why couldn't people from the west get to games? Cubs fans from the 'burbs (45+ minute drives from certain places) make it to both day and night games no problem, you just have to plan for traffic.

And there are no parking garages or much parking in general around Wrigley and yet they manage to have no one complain about it because of the public transit options and because people realize that the benefits of a neighborhood stadium outweigh the drawbacks.

If those terrible, idiot fans can sustain a neighborhood park, I'm sure Phillie could too.

Uh, why couldn't you have day games? Wrigley has them and it's in the middle of a very busy neighborhood.

And why couldn't people from the west get to games? Cubs fans from the 'burbs (45+ minute drives from certain places) make it to both day and night games no problem, you just have to plan for traffic.

And there are no parking garages or much parking in general around Wrigley and yet they manage to have no one complain about it because of the public transit options and because people realize that the benefits of a neighborhood stadium outweigh the drawbacks.

If those terrible, idiot fans can sustain a neighborhood park, I'm sure Phillie could too.

I don't want this to get in to a "you don't understand traffic in my city" pointless discussion, but 676 is the only way to connect the Expressway (which is only a 2 lane highway for most of it) to I-95, and is gridlock from around 3:00 PM -> 6:00 PM. Driving from the west into the City takes me 1:25 minutes on a non game day (fortunately Philadelphia has an extensive regional rail system!), and on a game day it's worse (the expressway turns from an east-bound road to south toward the stadiums once you reach the City. The connector highway is stop-and-go as is, adding game day traffic would not be possible, nor would the current exits be useable. I can't speak to how Wrigley works, because I've only used public transit to get there when I've gone, but basically I-95 is the only highway in the region that can support the amount of traffic that a stadium would bring, and that only runs north and south.

You're not talking about a "neighborhood park" here. You're talking about a park right off of the major arteries. There's a difference. Not saying it could never happen, but it'd require a decade of planning.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Now that I can actually see the concept, I must say that it's beautiful - especially the Delaware Ave side. I like the logical choice of Yards as a sponsor, though I'm not sure if Dupont would fly.

I agree with those who say that it's a little too reminiscent of Camden Yards on the one side. I'm also curious to see what the view from home plate would be. I love how you can see the BF bridge from Campbell's field, but I'm not sure what the view would really be here. I've always favored a skyline view, but this could work as well.

Thanks, I really appreciate it. I will be showing some other Philly stadium ideas soon.

Now that I can actually see the concept, I must say that it's beautiful - especially the Delaware Ave side. I like the logical choice of Yards as a sponsor, though I'm not sure if Dupont would fly.

I agree with those who say that it's a little too reminiscent of Camden Yards on the one side. I'm also curious to see what the view from home plate would be. I love how you can see the BF bridge from Campbell's field, but I'm not sure what the view would really be here. I've always favored a skyline view, but this could work as well.

Archived