First High School Throwback Game?

yauger72

So my high school, (Warren G. Harding in Warren, Ohio) has made history by announcing possibly the first high school throwback games. They will throwback to the two different east and west side high schools before they merged in 1990. Here is the link to the story.http://www.warrenschools.k12.oh.us/news/wp-content/uploads/2012/09/IMG_3107.jpg And here are the jerseys for each. Western Reserve (The west side school) in black, and Warren Harding (the east side school) in white.

Jets_zps66b1c061.png

No way that is true. There is a thanksgiving game in Penn that has worn throwbacks numerous times (2006 is the earliest I can see it mentioned) and someplace in NJ wore them in 2008.

Wilson should have googled "Throwback Uniforms High School" before they came out with that BS.

No way that is true. There is a thanksgiving game in Penn that has worn throwbacks numerous times (2006 is the earliest I can see it mentioned) and someplace in NJ wore them in 2008.

Right. I want to say Easton was one of the schools and they played a team from just across the state line in New Jersey both sides wearing throwbacks.

FsQiF2W.png

In 8th grade I played in a rec baseball league where our team name was the Mariners. We had league-issued Mariners hats and jerseys. But prior to that year my friend's dad had always chosen the A's as his team for like 8 years. That summer the A's got chosen by another coach before he could take it, but he had so many leftover A's hats and jerseys that were able to outfit the entire team and we had "throwback night". It was hilarious.

PvO6ZWJ.png

• 4 weeks later...
506691_1_zpsd66f5bdd.jpg Bumped to show the unis in action. Here's a picture of the Raiders uniform in action. The "We Will Win" was bumped to the back while "Raiders" was put on the front. The Panther game is this weekend. I'll have pictures up then.

Jets_zps66b1c061.png

Pretty audacious to have the words "WE WILL WIN" on your jersey.

The two biggest high schools in my county, New Phila and Dover used to have jerseys with "Beat Phila" or Beat Dover for their games in the 80's. I used to think it was audacious, now I'd love to see them do that again.

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

My high school basketball team wore jerseys from the late 90's/early 2000s we found in a storage closet for a game. It was dope.

That's awesome. I wish my team had done that...but I played in the 90s so I probably would have ended up wearing John Stockton-length shorts from the 1970s.

87Redskins.png

Archived