Soccer Logo project case study

BrandMooreArt

The plural of Puca is Pucai with the acute accents on the U and I.

thanks Fraser, i will mention that to the client

Nice update. I still dont see the dog in "Hounds" though.

nor do i, i may have to gather different reference. i dont really want to define light/shadow there (which would help complete the look) because i dont feel the base is strong enough to begin with. ill spend some more time on it

GRAPHIC ARTIST

BEHANCE  /  MEDIUM  /  DRIBBBLE

You still have a lot of very thin lines that don't say logo to me.

Try working more with shadows and highlights instead of outlined shaped. Use the base shapes to define your shading, but try not to leave the "guide" shapes where they don't add to the logo.

The most glaring example of this is the Stags logo.

Your Highwaymen and Hounds logos both have the same artistic issues. Each element seems separate from the next. The dog's head seems to float over the neck, its eyes just floating in the general area they belong. The highwayman could benefit from making the separate portions of the logo work with each other. The biggest issue with Highwaymen logo is that its shading is symmetric. Not often do you see a face with the same shading on each side. Doing this will help the parts of the logo flow together.

As they stand now, the only logo I think is good is the Pucas mark. The rest could use a lot of work, but are well on their way and are better than most can do.

I apologize if I come across as harsh, but I really do think you can do a lot better with these. Keep at it.

this ones a wrap. i didnt get to change a lot of things i wanted, but the client is happy and satisfied. the only one im truly happy with is the Pucas (should be Pucai) and i can see that being a portfolio piece. the others wont be right now, unless i make those changes i wanted down the road.

logosall.jpg

i always study my work and reflect on the process after a project and try to learn something new, or make note of what worked or didnt work.

1. "simplify and amplify". something i learned a long ago but needed to remember for this project. the Pucas especially started over complicated and ended up being stronger by simplifying lines and shape

2. bolder lines. these are some of the thickest key strokes ive ever done, and i like it.

3. its hard to make red, blue and yellow work. i would prefer 2 of those colors to be dominant and 1 as a light accent.

4. i need to work more on drawing faces at a straight on 1 point perspective angle. im actual much more comfortable with a 3/4 view, which should be harder.

5. i hate dogs and never want to draw one again

GRAPHIC ARTIST

BEHANCE  /  MEDIUM  /  DRIBBBLE

Archived