Pepsi Co. Redesign

speedy

Wasn't sure if I should put this in General Design or Concepts, so if a mod want's to move this - go for it.

You can view the whole project and details here.

New logo:

Logos_zps1e144b7c.png

Brand umbrella:

BrandLogos_zpse2535d45.png

New typeface:

Font_zpsc12229bc.png

New cans:

NewCan2_zpsaf914f10.png

12 pack design:

NewBox1_zpsd4b855cd.png

What do you guys think? C&C is more than welcome.

That's really cool. Just one question: what exactly is pepsi next?

Never tried it, coincidentally I don't drink soda, but from what I've read it's Pepsi's new diet-ish drink. Flavored with HFCS and I guess tastes more like original Pepsi while being better for you. I don't know, they're all the same. Here is there Wikipedia entry on it.

Pepsi Next is pretty good....better than their diet version.

That's really cool. Just one question: what exactly is pepsi next?

Never tried it, coincidentally I don't drink soda, but from what I've read it's Pepsi's new diet-ish drink. Flavored with HFCS and I guess tastes more like original Pepsi while being better for you. I don't know, they're all the same. Here is there Wikipedia entry on it.

Yeah the s and z really draw attention to themselves, and not the good "oh, that's interesting..." kind of attention - more like the "why does the s look like that?" kind.

Also, people have come to accept that Coke is red, and Pepsi is blue. Silver = diet, white or gold = caffeine free. I'd make your regular pepsi can look like the pepsi Next one, and then come up with something new for Next.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

I think the swirl is too wide as well. It can be wider in some places, but if you want it the same thickness throughout, thinner would be better.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Yeah the s and z really draw attention to themselves, and not the good "oh, that's interesting..." kind of attention - more like the "why does the s look like that?" kind.

Also, people have come to accept that Coke is red, and Pepsi is blue. Silver = diet, white or gold = caffeine free. I'd make your regular pepsi can look like the pepsi Next one, and then come up with something new for Next.

For the regular pepsi, I believe speedy was going for something similar to this:

pepsi_1101.jpg

I'm just not feeling that S (or Z) in the typeface. Otherwise, perfect, if only I didn't prefer Coke.

...the typography really falls flat and gives off kind of an amateur/free-font vibe. The proportions are a bit wonky and the letters are too stylized.

Okay, fair enough. I'll admit the Z was completely half-assed. I can see how people don't exactly like the font but personally I think it works well with the objective I've tried to convey. The whole Pepsi brand revolves around the globe, the font was designed to be very circular and simple to tie into the simplicity of the logo. What would you guys suggest to improve it? Always open to ideas.

I knew the coloring would be very hit or miss. With the whole package I was going for a throwback feel, the white cans stand out and in time people would get used to it again. Yes, I remember the whole Christmas polar bear Coke can fiasco and that was in the back of my mind throughout the design. It just came down to taste (no pun intended) for me. I love the look of the older white Pepsi cans, I guess it's nostalgia. I'm not opposed to having the blue can be regular Pepsi but it would affect the overall throwforward thing I was working for.

Speaking of which, where is Pepsi Throwback? Thats about the only product from them I would drink. As for the concept, this looks fantastic. Very professional

I was waiting for this comment from you. Thanks for the praise, though.

For the regular pepsi, I believe speedy was going for something similar to this:

pepsi_1101.jpg

Right but I think that times have changed since then. If he wants to use a white can, then the Next can can't be blue. People are trained to think blue now, and that will create at least some confusion.

Since NEXT is kind of a crossover between diet and regular, maybe a light blue would be better, or a blue half and a silver half, instead of just the silver under the swirl.

Archived