Sign in to follow this  
charger77

Odd Devils jersey

This is straight from ESPN.com

Is it just the lighting or is this jersey red and black? If it is was it some sort of pre-season prototype?

nhl_g_brodeur1x_576.jpg

Definitely the lighting. The devils never had black yokes outlined in white plus that 75 anniversary patch gives away the year. I believe that was the last season of red and green

Yep, 100% the lighting. Also that would have been '91-'92 and I believe the Devils had that through '92-'93 (but that's just off the top of my head). They definitely had the current set for '93-'94.

I figured it was the lighting or a pre-season prototype, but damn does that look black.

You can see the green outlines on his shoulder numbers. But yeah, it looks black.

Yep, 100% the lighting. Also that would have been '91-'92 and I believe the Devils had that through '92-'93 (but that's just off the top of my head). They definitely had the current set for '93-'94.

You sir, are correct. In 91-92, the black shoulders did have white yokes, and the look lasted until the 1993, when the new jerseys were reveiled.

You sir, are correct. In 91-92, the black shoulders did have white yokes, and the look lasted until the 1993, when the new jerseys were reveiled.

This is up there with your "I know NOLA is the French state" post.

I meant to say white trim. Oops. Btw, i'm siggin your post.

I meant to say white trim. Oops. Btw, i'm siggin your post.

No, you should have said "the GREEN shoulders". They weren't black until the fall of 1993.

On edit: Now I did look it up, seems they introduced the black for 92-93. $(KGrHqQOKk!E5DPRHqdCBO(6NjYYOQ~~60_35.JPG

It's in black and white but you can see this taken in the playoffs (so 92-93) the current uniform.

That's green. The Devils never had black shoulders with the white trim, nor did they ever have black shoulders with the standard "rounded yoke" pattern.

What about this one? Is it black or the lighting or what?

match.jpg

Yeah, that's the lighting. The red looks orange.