NEW Baseball Template

JayJaxon

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Reading is fun :)

Love it, Jay. I would suggest maybe adding some texture (ribs, maybe?) to the stirrups/high socks, because they look a little bare right now in comparison. Also, I'd suggest a long pant version, as well, just for options (though that can really be added in the digital stage). If we're being real picky, you should definitely add a button to the top of the hat, and maybe light seams (since you have them on the jersey and pants).

Can't wait to see the back of this. Again, nice work!

Not bad. Not bad at all. The problem with baseball templates is that the style of the uniform is on the front of the shirt and the side of the pants. Without grossly skewing logos, its nearly impossible to show bot the piping on the pants and shirt at the same time with out adding some sort of cut out or window. I like that the player seems to be upright instead of slouching or leaning to one direction. It helps maximize the amount of space for numbers and wordmarks, as well as piping.

I think you first template of the player leaning on the bat gave the best attempt at showing the pants side and jersey front. I think a big part that would help improve your template - and hopefully your book - is adding a rear view. It may seem minor, but when you think about the addition of the American flag patch, teams having or not having names on the jersey, number/name color (sometimes different than the front of jersey), the use of a name plate, as well as the MLB logo with each teams colors, adds a lot of variety. I think it would help the completeness of the concept.

_CLEVELANDTHATILOVEIndians.jpg

SAINT IGNATIUS WILDCATS | CLEVELAND BROWNS | CLEVELAND CAVALIERS | CLEVELAND INDIANS | THE OHIO STATE BUCKEYES

If the template version looks anything like the sketch it will be probably the best template I've ever seen.

I think the more options you can include on the digital version the better: high socks, low pants cuffs, stirrups, short sleeves for old timey concepts, vest, etc. oh and maybe pinstripes. If you include them with your template, then the concepts people make using that template will look better.

I also agree on the ribbing on the socks being needed, and I think there needs to be some way to show piping on the pants too. Also I think the guy' eyes look a little small and far apart. But that's obviously super nitpicky.

But it looks awesome in the initial sketch for sure. I can't wait for the final product!

Grunge-Logos.png

Beautiful work, JJ. My only comments pertain to the proportions. The arms are fine, and the glove size is too, but the sleeves and the upper torso look a tad bit short in my opinion. Maybe give him a few more pounds, too.

(BTW, this is ridiculous for the "early stages." I'd be lucky if I ever come close to something like that.)

ScreenShot2011-12-09at052105PM.png

Tomorrow's just your future yesterday.

be as nitpicky as you like. That's exactly why I wanted to show it in the most simple form first. Some of you may notice that this isn't my drawing style. I'm actually getting help on this one because I want to make sure it is done right. I think you will like the results. I can tell you that these features will absolutely be included in the new design:

-long pants

-all cap types

-All types of stirrups

-minor details such as stitching and logos

-options to change the length of the sleeves and adding sweatbands and other accessories.

-pinstripes for both jersey types will be added.

-pre-set skin tones

There will be plenty more to come. Any suggestions are welcome.

be as nitpicky as you like. That's exactly why I wanted to show it in the most simple form first. Some of you may notice that this isn't my drawing style. I'm actually getting help on this one because I want to make sure it is done right. I think you will like the results. I can tell you that these features will absolutely be included in the new design:

-long pants

-all cap types

-All types of stirrups

-options to change the length of the sleeves and adding sweatbands and other accessories.

-pre-set skin tones

Sounds great.

Go with it.

-long pants

-all cap types

-All types of stirrups

-pre-set skin tones

I like it. What about eye black/sun glasses? Round bill vs. flat bill?

I really like the idea of varying the sleeve length to show sweat bands (wrist and forearm) and wrist tape

_CLEVELANDTHATILOVEIndians.jpg

SAINT IGNATIUS WILDCATS | CLEVELAND BROWNS | CLEVELAND CAVALIERS | CLEVELAND INDIANS | THE OHIO STATE BUCKEYES

My only "quibble" is the that the length of the the upper body seems smaller, proportionally of course, to that of the lower body. Just throwing me off a bit. And other than the bill of the cap not being to visible, which is probably due to the forward facing, that's it. I think the facial features are fine considering they won't be the focal point. I think as long as there's a rear view, a simple window box will suffice for showing pant piping when necessary. You may not even need to include that. The user can whenever needed. Because on plain pants and pinstripes, the front and back alone will suffice.

Awesome stuff.

Archived