NEW Baseball Template

JayJaxon

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just downloaded the PSD version and been playing with it a little. Can I just say what a really great template this is. Thanks to everyone who put a lot of hard work and effort into this.

For those interested, I came up with this in about 15 minutes. There really are a lot of customisable options to play around with.

JJaxBaseball.png

UBI FIDES IBI LUX ET ROBUR

I have two ideas of baseball stuff in my head but I just had not found the right template to use, so I wanted to thank you Jay for this. I also will share one simple but good design you can create with the template on only 10 minutes, when I get my WBC series going I problably won't use this one but I think it isn't bad at all.

1z1h56q.png

This is a non-baseball related question, but more of a photoshop question. What is the best way to draw a solid, crisp line in photoshop?

_CLEVELANDTHATILOVEIndians.jpg

SAINT IGNATIUS WILDCATS | CLEVELAND BROWNS | CLEVELAND CAVALIERS | CLEVELAND INDIANS | THE OHIO STATE BUCKEYES

Does the Ai version only come with the pullover from the front view or is there a button-up?

The Ai version comes with everything the PSD version does. I'll get the guy who made it in here so he can explain it better.

You guys seem to be having a great time with this thing and I couldn't be happier. Keep it up!

Does the Ai version only come with the pullover from the front view or is there a button-up?

The Ai version comes with everything the PSD version does. I'll get the guy who made it in here so he can explain it better.

You guys seem to be having a great time with this thing and I couldn't be happier. Keep it up!

When I open it, it shows a front and back: the front is a pullover Orioles orange jersey with white raglan sleeves and high pants. The back is the current Orioles homes with full-length pants. When I open it, it says since I'm using an older version (CS3), that some data loss may occur. Is that what's happening?

McCall,

I'm the one who did the vector version, so I'll try to answer your questions.

1) There's no button down 80's jersey (yet). When/if Jay makes that for the PSD, I'll create the vector version. It would be an easy thing to create on my own, but because I want the vector to look as much like Jay's design as it can, that's the process we've been using. There is more to this template than we've released so far, but it's all in the works for future releases.

When I open it, it shows a front and back: the front is a pullover Orioles orange jersey with white raglan sleeves and high pants. The back is the current Orioles homes with full-length pants. When I open it, it says since I'm using an older version (CS3), that some data loss may occur. Is that what's happening?

2) The different versions of the O's uniform is because I was being lazy when I saved it. There is a pullover back view available and a button down front view available as well, they're just hidden in the Front and Back groups. So far as compatibility issues with previous versions of Illustrator, I'm afraid I can't really answer that question, since I'm not super smart on that stuff. If you could let me know what specific problems you're having I might be able to help a little better.

Also, there's an SVG version that may provide more compatibility between Illustrator, Inkscape, or older Illustrator versions, but again, I'm not really a software guy, so I don't know the details. I don't think Jay's posted it yet, but it exists and will be along shortly.

Does that answer your questions?

Also, you guys will notice that the brush strokes on the vector version don't quite have the same feel as the ones in the PSD. I searched for a long time for a brush stroke in Illustrator that would mimic a Sharpie marker and give that great hand-drawn look that Jay's work has in the PSD, but couldn't find a good one. If anyone has a good brush that creates that effect, shoot me a message and I'll look to include it in v2.

I hope you guys like the vector version. All the heavy lifting was done by Jay, so hopefully I did his work justice and hopefully you guys are finding it easy to use!

Hit me up with questions, comments or concerns. Love the concepts so far!

Grunge-Logos.png

Hey Jay I am trying to put a sleeve patch on a jersey on the psd version how do I do it where it only shows half of the logo

I use the Polygonal Lasso tool and the black outline is used as a guide. I just line it up just like in the example. Make sure your patch is selected in the layers. Then Ctrl + X will cut it for you.

Example_zps8f903f1e.png

Hey Jay I am trying to put a sleeve patch on a jersey on the psd version how do I do it where it only shows half of the logo

I use the Polygonal Lasso tool and the black outline is used as a guide. I just line it up just like in the example. Make sure your patch is selected in the layers. Then Ctrl + X will cut it for you.

Example_zps8f903f1e.png

Thanks Jay

2u5xnoj.jpg

21kw0t1.jpg

2e2dky0.jpg

Archived