Bills unveil throwback jerseys

ARTnSocal

Something we all pretty much all knew since Nike rather than Mitchell & Ness began selling them.

They're not 100% genuine to 1965, whereas all 4 stripes were blue with the outer stripes a very thin blue with a red outline with the same thickness as the outline on the thicker inner blue stripes. Also the numbers were on the upper sleeves, not the shoulders, but no way they can fit both on an NFL jersey the way the sleeves are cut so short in these present times.

All these really are, are the 2009 version worn for AFL-50 ... without the patch.

They'll be worn along with the grazing Bison helmet on 9-Dec at home against the Rams.

bills_tbax_unveil.jpg

Mike Stratton's 1965 authentic jersey:

stratton58rrroadd1965.jpg

stratton581965roadd.jpg

2009 .... BILLS at TITANS (OILERS)

09000d5d81434ac7_gallery_600.jpg

Something we all pretty much all knew since Nike rather than Mitchell & Ness began selling them.

They're not 100% genuine to 1965, whereas all 4 stripes were blue with the outer stripes a very thin blue with a red outline with the same thickness as the outline on the thicker inner blue stripes. Also the numbers were on the upper sleeves, not the shoulders, but no way they can fit both on an NFL jersey the way the sleeves are cut so short in these present times.

All these really are, are the 2009 version worn for AFL-50 ... without the patch.

They'll be worn along with the grazing Bison helmet on 9-Dec at home against the Rams.

I aadore that Oilers set, such a shame.

bills_tbax_unveil.jpg

Mike Stratton's 1965 authentic jersey:

stratton58rrroadd1965.jpg

stratton581965roadd.jpg

2009 .... BILLS at TITANS (OILERS)

09000d5d81434ac7_gallery_600.jpg

untitled-6.jpg

when your home and road are modernized throwbacks to a specific era, your throwbacks should throwback to something else. just my opinion.

totally agree...this is probably the most useless nfl throwback in quite some time...the browns'(same stripes less tv numbers and AL) is the other one that comes to mind.

when your home and road are modernized throwbacks to a specific era, your throwbacks should throwback to something else. just my opinion.

totally agree...this is probably the most useless nfl throwback in quite some time...the browns'(same stripes less tv numbers and AL) is the other one that comes to mind.

Yet another reason why the BILLS need to order the blue away pants from Nike to wear on the road..

However I don't agree with either .... The grazing Bison helmet makes any neutral NFL fan instantly take notice when the Bills are in their throwbacks.

Thank goodness the throwbacks are also missing that god-awful blue toilet seat collar.

The socks worn in the Madden '12 image look much better with the blue pants than the red socks on Joe Cribbs at Anaheim in 1983.

white_w_bluepants_zpsb666f354.jpgcribbs_at_rams_82-1.jpg

Didn't like those boring, inaccurate throwbacks in '09, still don't like them now. The Bills' current identity is a bust across the board.

This is a VERY unpopular opinion, but the only changes the Bills needed to make to their Bledsoe-era set were to update the dated logo, ditch the useless nickel color and change the pants stripe to a wide solid red stripe that tapers at the end to match the logo.

xLmjWVv.png

POTD: 2/4/12 3/4/12

The socks worn in the Madden '12 image look much better with the blue pants than the red socks on Joe Cribbs at Anaheim in 1983.

white_w_bluepants_zpsb666f354.jpgcribbs_at_rams_82-1.jpg

I feel the other way about this. The image on the right is my favorite look for the Bills.

If you hadn't noticed, Chawls loves his wrestling, whether it be real life or sim. :D

Kemp_Jack63_Bills.jpg

I'd love to see something like this make a throwback comeback

Nice one ... that would be the making of a great throwback.

That's the 1962 and 1963 home uniform, in the good old days when Buffalo played on natural grass at the old Rockpile.

maybe im showing my age.... but the bills need a red helmet, royal jersey, and white pants. if its not your primary, then just use that era for your throwbacks.

Been there, done that ... great teams and a fantastic era, but we still lost 4 straight Super Bowls in those.

I like moosebean11''s suggestion, use the 1963 as throwbacks, the grazing Bison logo needs to remain in our history and in use, but that's my opinion. I grew up watching them in the pre-1974 logo and always loved it.

Glad they listened to the fans.

The Bills front office has no brains.

Bringing back the all-white AFL uniforms was fine, but wearing them against an NFC team in the Rams, and in the month of December makes no sense whatsoever...

They should be wearing them against an original 8 AFL club, and this Sunday would have been perfect. The Patriots could of worn their Pat Patriot red throwbacks.... It would look like an old AFL game, 2 clubs in their throwbacks.

A total no-brainer, but they have no brains. Russ Brandon and all of 'em.

maybe im showing my age.... but the bills need a red helmet, royal jersey, and white pants. if its not your primary, then just use that era for your throwbacks.

Been there, done that ... great teams and a fantastic era, but we still lost 4 straight Super Bowls in those.

I like moosebean11''s suggestion, use the 1963 as throwbacks, the grazing Bison logo needs to remain in our history and in use, but that's my opinion. I grew up watching them in the pre-1974 logo and always loved it.

Glad they listened to the fans.

The Bills front office has no brains.

Bringing back the all-white AFL uniforms was fine, but wearing them against an NFC team in the Rams, and in the month of December makes no sense whatsoever...

They should be wearing them against an original 8 AFL club, and this Sunday would have been perfect. The Patriots could of worn their Pat Patriot red throwbacks.... It would look like an old AFL game, 2 clubs in their throwbacks.

A total no-brainer, but they have no brains. Russ Brandon and all of 'em.

lost 4 straight super bowls, which is still more success than most teams have ever had... and by far the most successful era in the history of the bills organization.

I agree. There's no point to this throwback. Even the Raiders had a difference with their 1963 throwbacks, although only the away uniform was a major difference.

Speaking of which, I really want the Raiders to wear the 1960's Gold and Black uniforms for once. Now THAT is a true throwback. B)

bSLCtu2.png

I agree. There's no point to this throwback. Even the Raiders had a difference with their 1963 throwbacks, although only the away uniform was a major difference.

Speaking of which, I really want the Raiders to wear the 1960's Gold and Black uniforms for once. Now THAT is a true throwback. B)

The 1960-1962 Raiders uniform set is just as ugly and lacking in pizazz as the NY Jets Titans-throwbacks. Wearing them would be ridiculous, sorry.

Their best look is the 1963 road uniforms with the silver numbers and nobs, and that was the only season they ever wore that really cool looking logo.

44tpmtu2blwztd0hoowh9hdee.gif

IMO the '63 away uniform would be the best throwback that Oakland could ever wear. I remember they brought back those silver away numbers and nobs in 1970 when Lamonica was QB and then shelved them for good after that season in favor of the black with silver outline.

Archived